Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Real quick
Coaching,Oline is a work in progress bad time to be experimenting during the season and offensive weapons aren't working out at all. Gronk is doubled and Edelman can't do everything. Lafell did play better tonight even though it's hard to see but we really suck on o all around right now. Defense should be way better than they are no excuse we got talent but imo it's a coaching issue

Last year the offense put up good numbers. No Gronk. How is this year worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I just watched all the games within a shortish period after I got back from OS and from what I can tell, O-Line.

Whenever it crumbles and Brady gets rushed from all angles we just can't move the chains. 3rd downs have been shithouse.

Well I just watched all the games within a shortish period after I got back from OS and from what I can tell, O-Line.

Whenever it crumbles and Brady gets rushed from all angles we just can't move the chains. 3rd downs have been shithouse.

No doubt a big issue.

I thought the commentary today was pretty spot on. I mean "I'm not sure he's ready for prime time yet" ...

By the way, what the hell has happened to Nate Solder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ausbacker's Crazy Close Out Everything Must Go Overreaction Sale But Not Really A Sale

Well well well. In my mind, some of this commentary makes sense, to others, it's probably lip service.

Preferred 4-3 starting Defense

Rob Ninkovich - Dominique Easley - Vince Wilfork - Chandler Jones
Dont'a Hightower - Jerod Mayo - Jamie Collins​
Darrelle Revis - Logan Ryan - Devin McCourty - Brandon Browner

Notes:
  1. Revis and Browner play press man. Use zone coverage sparingly.
  2. Piss off the 34 front. The Pats have 2 players suited to the 34 and both are Nose Tackles. The other 5 in the front 7 are more suited to the 43. We do not have the Defensive Ends to play a 34.
  3. If teams are going to run on the Patriots then I want the team attacking the LOS. Enough read and react. That mentality isn't serving the Patriots well. It's time to force the issue and get aggressive on D. There is too much talent for this unit to be passive.
  4. Get exotic BB and MP. You have the players. We can argue execution as much as we like but the simple fact is the Patriots are experiencing the same results with different players.
  5. Logan Ryan appears to have a touch of the McCourty about him. Chung is abysmal. Chung has almost always been abysmal. If you're not going to put Harmon out there, Wilson needs to be cut and the Patriots should get creative next to McCourty. Too many picks are being wasted at Safety.
  6. Over the past few seasons, players such as Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett and Michael Johnson have become available. Moving forward, the Patriots need a better approach to bolstering their DL because frankly, the rotation sucks.
  7. I love Vince, but I'm not sure he's the answer moving forward. If Suh becomes available, pushing aside whatever our thoughts are of him as a dirty person, he, along with other players such as Bowers, Fairley, Rubin etc. should be given serious consideration.
  8. Jones and Nink need a smack over the head. Their edge setting, in 2014, has been poor.
  9. Despite their best attempts, the Patriots haven't replaced Dane Fletcher. This is a major oversight on their behalf.
  10. There is no swag or attitude on D. The Super Bowl Patriots had swag. This team is full of choir boys. The D needs more on field jerks who are willing to throttle their opponents.
  11. At the end of the season, the Patriots need to scour the market and improve their coaching ranks. It's time for a change at DC.

IMO, this should be the starting Offense:

Dobson - Gronkowski - Solder - Connolly - Stork - Incognito - Vollmer - Edelman
Brady
Develin
Ridley​
Notes:
  1. Stork plays CE for the rest of the season.
  2. Activate Dobson and play him. If he's not injured, I would rather suffer the Dobson growing pains than watch Danny Amendola get no separation and offer little come game day.
  3. Formerly, I was an advocate of Amendola. It's time to move on from Danny Amendola. He's activated in the event of injury.
  4. Ridley is the bellcow. Develin is an excellent FB. Play them both and pound the rock until the Patriots line stabilizes, Gronk returns to full health and the passing attack finds some resemblance of form.
  5. Put Gronk on Solder's side and have him chip the OLB/DE on his way out. Solder's form in 2014 has been terrible. Give him some help until it's sorted.
  6. If Develin comes off the field, LaFell is the first man up followed by Wright.
  7. I like Shane Vereen but it's obvious he shouldn't be running on early downs and should be used as intended: a 3rd down back with pass catching ability to create mismatches.
  8. The Patriots are not creating mismatches with scheme or personnel. Push aside the OL, this is a McDaniels/Belichick thing.
  9. In the past, the Patriots have toyed with Waters and Gallery at Guard. The line has lost its toughness since trading Mankins. Incognito is a one year stop gap with the express instruction to get some aggressiveness back into the line. Fleming may be a good player in the long run, but right now, he's not starter ready.
  10. At some point this season, I want to see a pass catching brigade 2TE, 3WR set of Gronkowski, Wright, Dobson, Edelman and LaFell. This is an incredibly athletic mix of players capable of creating separation. If Brady can't hit one of these guys, the problem is still the OL or Brady.
  11. At the end of the season, the Patriots need to scour the market and improve their coaching ranks. It's time for a change at OC.
Underlying Thoughts
  1. The Patriots are far too predictable. There is no magic about the Patriots on either side of the ball. What compounds that is the Patriots, in 2014, don't appear to be an aggressive team. There is nothing that says, we're going to do this and you can't stop us on either side of the ball.
  2. The Patriots coaching staff has been deplorable this season.
  3. The Patriots coaching staff are not putting the players in positions to succeed.
  4. We laughed at the Bucs for using Revis, the best cover corner in the game, in this fashion. What a waste BB/MP.
  5. In my opinion, a lot of the Patriots issues are mental, self inflicted and correctable.
  6. At this stage of the season, the Patriots do not appear to be a Super Bowl threat.
  7. I'll keep watching every week because I know the talent on this team is better than what they've served up however, if they continue to serve up these performances, the Patriots won't be a double digit win team and they will be in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs.
Go Pats.

Last edited:
The moment that stood out to me vs KC was when on 3rd and short, Brady elected to throw to a tightly covered Edelman instead of gently strolling the 3 clear yards in front of him to get the 1st down.

Symptomatic of our problems this year I think. (Although throwing to Edelman 90% of the time wasn't ideal last year either).

I didnt understand why Tom didnt just run it on that play..he threw it from like a yard from 1st down

Especially when you consider that even at his snail pace, Brady could have picked up 10-15 yards on the rush. At the moment, this team is mentally fried.

Including Brady. Who has always been the guy we never had to even think about from a mental standpoint.

They need a circuit breaker for mine. An acquisition by trade or whatever that changes the mindset? I mean a huge win this week would do it, but that's tough to see against the Bengals with this offensive line.

Including Brady. Who has always been the guy we never had to even think about from a mental standpoint.

They need a circuit breaker for mine. An acquisition by trade or whatever that changes the mindset? I mean a huge win this week would do it, but that's tough to see against the Bengals with this offensive line.
It doesn't matter who they bring in with Patricia and McDaniels as their coordinators. Unfortunately, Belichick doesn't seem capable of seeing the failures in his system and approaches these days. Brady has been masking them for so long that his trust in the system has remained.

My daughter and her husband were at the game yesterday. They are big Patriots fans, but live in KC.

He posted this after the game.
To the Chiefs fans who were actually respectable. Thank you, it was a good environment to be in. Plus I'll always know the answer to the trivia question " what team did Jimmy Garapollo throw his first td against?"

They flew to Boston almost a year ago to see the Patriots for the first time and saw the game when Brady threw the TD pass with 1 second to go.

So frustrating to see no throwing options on offence. When was the last time you could remember that Brady was going to bomb it downfield to a receiver THAT actually looked like having a chance of catching it? I thought last season we did extremely well to get where we got to with all the new talent. But watching the last 4 games, it looks like we have taken a step back again.

Agree with Ausbacker with coaching change. Cant stand McD. The rest of them cant live on past glories either.

Cant understand, during a game, why when they play a certain style that obviously is not working, and they continue down that route ? Gives me the shits watching them do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way they're playing............
Bengals..............Loss
Bills...................50/50
Jets...................50/50
Bears.................50/50
Broncos..............Loss
Colts..................Loss
Lions..................Loss
Packers..............Loss
Chargers............Loss

cant even lock them in for a win against 'lessor' opponents anymore.

If we lose to Cin & Buf and are losing to the Jets AT home, I'm expecting to hear 'we want Jimmy'

Kenbrell Thompkins cut, do the Pats fans agree with this move ?

Given the earlier (this season) super positive comments from Belichick and Brady it does seem he's fallen out of favour very quickly.

Whether it's just roster balance (he doesn't add anything to special teams and he's not being used at WR) or whether he's done something more. We may never know.

Aaron Dobson - benched for mouthing off to JM
Kenbrell Thompkins - cut for hitting on BB's daughter ??? :D

I've been a bit taken aback by the whole Bianchi thing and totally forgot about this game. Just turned on at half time.

What the * is happening? Where'd this come from? How are we getting it done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back