No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell?

My argument is that Thompson did not seek out and recommend Dank to Hird, as was claimed by some posters.
So just sheer luck and chance that two clubs Thompson has been heavily involved in.. both happened to have Robinson involved, who in BOTH instances.. relied on Dank for advice?

I actually think what you suggest is worse.. so what you are saying is that in Geelong.. Robinson was consulting with Dank withOUT Bomber's knowledge.. so in fact a LESS documented and controlled supplement program.. Bomber had the ultimate 'hear no evil, see no evil' approach eh??

Are you suggesting (after lashing Hird for months) that it is OK for Bomber to have no 'clue' that his fitness guy was closely working with Dank...? And yet Hird is evil because he didn't personally inspect every injection being given??

Sounds like you are arguing that Geelong had even worse governance than EFC (highly possible).. but that doesn't suit the narrative I suppose...

Straight off the bat rines, it's already been pointed out to you today by a lawyer that Hird is not eligible to claim unfair dismissal due to his income level.
sorry sorry.. breach of employment contract. He does have one of those..

Whatever you want to call it.. he can sue the club for breach of contract.. unless we pay him out.. or he agrees to a settlement.

Straight off the bat rines, it's already been pointed out to you today by a lawyer that Hird is not eligible to claim unfair dismissal due to his income level.
But feel good about being right.. watch the club we both love crash and burn.. but sit tight knowing that you corrected me that it isn't unfair dismissal.. it is breach of employment contract.

Good get!

OK, I have two possible scenarios:

Oh, and I think people need to remember that Thompson was found 'guilty' of EXACTLY the same charge as Hird.. bringing the game into disrepute.. so he was not found 'innocent' in all this. At All.

I seriously can't believe the club would replace one 'untenable because of the ASADA saga' coach with another 'tainted by the ASADA saga' coach..

I don't think that any supporter at the time believed that either Thompson or Hird should be find/found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. Most supporters don't believe that Hird or Thompson set out to implement a drugs program in the way that it has been portrayed.

Opinions on those issues aside, which person is doing the best thing by the club? Thompson and Hird both have said that they are innocent but both accepted penalties. Their punishments were different but their admission of guilt was the same.

Now the Essendon Football Club is looking to move on from this draining period. No team is likely to win a premiership under this current environment, and the players want it to end. The club needs to act in what is their best interest.

I know that you have supported Hird over Thompson, but it really isn't a package deal, so to speak. Each person has acted differently since the suspensions/fines have been handed down.

The reason that I mention this is because I don't want to see you hating on Thompson for 2015 if he is appointed the coach for reasons not really related to coaching. You disagree with his coaching tactics, but Thompson isn't responsible for Hird going to court. You said tonight that you would advise Hird against going to court if you were representing the footy club, as it is in the supporters and players best interest. Is it 100% correct? Probably not. Will Hird have to live with being wronged? Most likely.

This debate is not a Thompson vs Hird issue.

Judging by the love for Bomber that Goddard, Hooker and Heppell spoke of tonight onstage...I think it is a case of Thompson vs Hird now.

Pretty friendly in here atm...

Keep-Your-Momentum.gif

Holy s**t, this is the equivalent of 1 + 1 = 764389887594845994 but anyway, here goes nothing...

So just sheer luck and chance that two clubs Thompson has been heavily involved in.. both happened to have Robinson involved, who in BOTH instances.. relied on Dank for advice?

This argument is sheer lunacy.

Well for one, Robinson liaising with his good friend and industry peer Dank at another elite Australian sporting club is a something that's pretty common practice amongst friends, especially when their areas of interest compliment each other. I mean, what hell is Thompson meant to know about Dank and his input into things? This is just a ridiculous line of argument.

Secondly, Dank was employed at Essendon and was never employed Geelong nor did he even live in the same state.

Because they have a mutual acquaintance at Geelong now somehow means Thompson knew all about Dank and was in cahoots to specifically seek out and recommend Dank to Hird?

That is just so farfetched and supported by absolutely nothing that I don't know how to begin describing it.

I actually think what you suggest is worse.. so what you are saying is that in Geelong.. Robinson was consulting with Dank withOUT Bomber's knowledge.. so in fact a LESS documented and controlled supplement program.. Bomber had the ultimate 'hear no evil, see no evil' approach eh??

Again, sheer lunacy.

Dank could suggest Robinson at Geelong to shoot them all up with HGH and don't record it but unless Robinson did anything in practice that was untoward and jeopardised anything,then what Dank says is irrelevant.

Dank had no power or control at Geelong, Dank is irrelevant in contrast to Robinson's actual actions and the actions of the high-performance and medical teams at Geelong. How does Dank talking about ideas with Robinson suddenly equal a less documented and controlled supplement program than ours?

I mean, I can't figure out what to write here because this argument is so idiotic that I don't know how to respond to it beyond teaching the alphabet and reeducating you all the way back from kindergarten to make you be able to see straight on this.

Are you suggesting (after lashing Hird for months) that it is OK for Bomber to have no 'clue' that his fitness guy was closely working with Dank...? And yet Hird is evil because he didn't personally inspect every injection being given??

What?

Robinson was an employee of Geelong and as such, Robinson's actions are the concern of Thompson and the relevant staff at the Cats, where Robinson gets his ideas from are irrelevant as long as he can provide reasoning for his actions and acts within his scope of responsibilities.

That is completely different to Essendon and Dank being an employee who Hird worked very closely with.

How you think the two are even remotely comparable staggers me.

Sounds like you are arguing that Geelong had even worse governance than EFC (highly possible).. but that doesn't suit the narrative I suppose...

What the actual *?

How do you reach these conclusions in your head? Geelong have not been shown a single thing to indicate they didn't anything but meet all the standards required. Apparently Robinson exchanging ideas with Dank back in 2007 suddenly means Geelong has terrible governance? Wow.

In all honesty, I think you need to step away from the computer, because at the moment, you're just making fairy tales up in your head to bring Thompson down to justify Hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think that any supporter at the time believed that either Thompson or Hird should be find/found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. Most supporters don't believe that Hird or Thompson set out to implement a drugs program in the way that it has been portrayed.

Opinions on those issues aside, which person is doing the best thing by the club? Thompson and Hird both have said that they are innocent but both accepted penalties. Their punishments were different but their admission of guilt was the same.

Now the Essendon Football Club is looking to move on from this draining period. No team is likely to win a premiership under this current environment, and the players want it to end. The club needs to act in what is their best interest.

I know that you have supported Hird over Thompson, but it really isn't a package deal, so to speak. Each person has acted differently since the suspensions/fines have been handed down.

The reason that I mention this is because I don't want to see you hating on Thompson for 2015 if he is appointed the coach for reasons not really related to coaching. You disagree with his coaching tactics, but Thompson isn't responsible for Hird going to court. You said tonight that you would advise Hird against going to court if you were representing the footy club, as it is in the supporters and players best interest. Is it 100% correct? Probably not. Will Hird have to live with being wronged? Most likely.

This debate is not a Thompson vs Hird issue.
It is a Thompson vs Hird issue and will ALWAYS be a Thompson vs Hird issue if the club goes down this path.. that is why I would prefer a new coach.. free of all this drama.

I find it sad that the players have again been lied to and told that if Bomber is coaching it will all 'go away'.. it won't.

Hird's appeal will 'hold up' the SCN's by a month at most.. at most. And it looks like AFLPA will push hard for it to continue 'as per normal'.. and considering that Middleton did NOT grant a stay against the execution of SCN's.. just agreed it would be best to adhere to a 'status quo'.. there is nothing to suggest that ASADA would be prohibited by law from continue the doping process concurrently to defending Hird's appeal. Anyway ASADA wouldn't be defending the appeal because an appeal is strictly on matters of legal interpretation.

So really it would be a stalling tactic by ASADA.. who have shown no interest, at any point, of hurrying this thing along.

So right now I can see that Goodwin is 'applauded' for coaching.. Thompson is prime candidate for coaching.. the Board gets to stay, the players are in hot demand from other clubs but once against 'Hird' is the evil one.

SO everyone gets to keep their careers but not Hird right? Seems legit.

As I said.. if the club wants to move on.. fine.. but with a NEW coach.. I will NEVER support Thompson as coach for stabbing Hird in the back. And I get the added bonus of watching my team go further backwards and become a pathetically boring team to watch.. I will also be very confident that this thing NEVER ends if we install Thompson as coach.. this will drag on and on and on and on.. supporters, members and at board level.

you're no HIMH.
I'm not going to sit idly by, being ridiculed for a name I made up when I was 15.

Whilst Hirdy has been my hero for as long as I can remember, I'm going to be giving that a break for the foreseeable future.

Also, Lloydy.

Rines...how the hell is Bomber stabbing Hirdy in the back....cant believe I just read that:oops:

You didn't address my post, rines. You addressed the issue that it was a shame that this was happening, the history of our coaching panel, the players association, SCN, and Thompson stabbing Hird in the back.

I posted about who was doing the best for the club that we both support. Hird or Thompson. The fact that you post that you will not support a club for choosing one coach over another can cause others to question if you support a club or an individual. If someone accused you of that you would be upset, as would I.

For the record, can you please answer the following questions.

Who is acting in the best interest of the players and club?
If you were counselling Hird, as a representative of the EFC, would you be happy with his actions?

I've asked you this a few times so I won't ask you again, you don't have to answer.

What a farrking disgrace it is that people are questioning the motives of a guy that risked his life many a time for this club and got his face caved in trying to better the place.

Hird has more bottle than everyone at our dysfunctional club put together. I'll back him in over any Essendon board.

Hird or die.

What a farrking disgrace it is that people are questioning the motives of a guy that risked his life many a time for this club and got his face caved in trying to better the place.

Hird has more bottle than everyone at our dysfunctional club put together. I'll back him in over any Essendon board.

Hird or die.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back