Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide will probably get their pick of the unprovens. Sign their coach over the two weeks while Bomber is gone. It won't be until the Bomber/Hird saga plays out that the Suns will be able to start probing the market.
We can't sit on our hands for 2 weeks though in case he knocks it back.
Worsfold said he'd wait 12 months but that was before our gig became available. There might not be a job available for 2 years, and certainly not one with our list/potential. He was one Leo Barry mark away from nearly being a dual premiership coach too.

I still stand by I have faith in the board to get the best possible coach available to the club. If that's bomber great. If tiger nova is right and we get Bolton is great too, if Gaz becomes player coach, I'd accept that too. Just happy to leave this one in the boards hands. But I really hope they announce it quickly so we can lock in Malceski Friday.

Same. Interested to know if you think the board would've moved on Bluey if Bomber wasn't available?
I reckon they would have anyway. I'd like to think that they're close to 100% in signing Bomber, but I think Bluey was gone regardless of Bomber. If what the media is saying is true (and Brennan and Brown), then Bluey was a poor communicator and buggered his relationship with his players. It was bound to happen if that's the case!

I reckon they would have anyway. I'd like to think that they're close to 100% in signing Bomber, but I think Bluey was gone regardless of Bomber. If what the media is saying is true (and Brennan and Brown), then Bluey was a poor communicator and buggered his relationship with his players. It was bound to happen if that's the case!
Fair call.

One would think that with all the turmoil that has gone on at Essendon over the past 2 seasons and which continues to go on ( its not finished yet). Bomber wud just want to get the hell out of there.
He surely wud have to seriously look at the chance to move up to the Gold Coast and take on a club that hasn't got any of this s**t going on, a club that is in a incredible exciting stage of development with a quality playing list that is sitting on a platter waiting for the right coach to come along and turn this list into a team that will seriously challenge in 2 or 3 seasons.
I see posters here have said he wants to be at Essendon because he played all his footy there,,, but hang on, he went to Geelong and coached them to 2 flags. Lethal Leigh played all his footy at Hawthorn, but went and coached the Pies and then the Lions to flags. Longmire played all his footy with the Kangaroos but has coached the Swans to a flag and a runners up, Same goes for the Scott brothers at the cats and kangas.etc etc.many examples of this, Lyon is another one, can go on and on with examples.
Not to mention, the fact to get out of Melbourne and live on the Gold Coast etc etc.
If the renumeration and contract terms are attractive, geez, one wud have to accept the coaching position.!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold me to this: I think the likelihood of Bomber coaching Gold Coast is very slim. I highly doubt it's even close to being a done deal as some have reported in the media.

It's definitely not a done deal. I think it depends on what the dons do about Hird. He has to be sacked, or Bomber is gone.

It is getting more like soccer these days with the lack of patience for coaches in AFL and the meanglinesness of contracts. And the latest excuse is that the coach "couldn't communicate". What absolute rubbish. Both McKenna and Sanderson were sacked with this given as the only reason yet both had been granted contract extensions. How can the boards justify both decisions? Rhetorical. Apparently all of a sudden mid-2014 both Sando and Guy went mute.

Sando and Guy ... sounds like an upscale hair salon.

It is getting more like soccer these days with the lack of patience for coaches in AFL and the meanglinesness of contracts. And the latest excuse is that the coach "couldn't communicate". What absolute rubbish. Both McKenna and Sanderson were sacked with this given as the only reason yet both had been granted contract extensions. How can the boards justify both decisions? Rhetorical. Apparently all of a sudden mid-2014 both Sando and Guy went mute.

Sando and Guy ... sounds like an upscale hair salon.
I don't know anything about Sando so I can't comment, but Guy was very close to getting the boot in 2012 before Blighty came in and saved him. In hindsight, he shouldn't have been given an extension. But if his contract indicates anything, the fact that there was a clause that states that the Suns aren't paying him out the full year amount shows that they were prepared for this. It was two years in the making and not a surprise at all, despite what the media may like to say.

I don't know anything about Sando so I can't comment, but Guy was very close to getting the boot in 2012 before Blighty came in and saved him. In hindsight, he shouldn't have been given an extension. But if his contract indicates anything, the fact that there was a clause that states that the Suns aren't paying him out the full year amount shows that they were prepared for this. It was two years in the making and not a surprise at all, despite what the media may like to say.

Then why the farcical declaration of a "review" that quite obviously didn't happen? Surely the result was already set in stone.

I would say that that is a question for the board to answer but after today's presser I certainly would not be holding my breath.

I don't know a lot about either situation, I just can't reconcile the contract extensions with the subsequent reasons given for the sackings. I am very amused that both clubs described the parting of ways as "mutual" though. Do they really think anybody at all believes that?

Then why the farcical declaration of a "review" that quite obviously didn't happen? Surely the result was already set in stone.

I would say that that is a question for the board to answer but after today's presser I certainly would not be holding my breath.
Completely agree mate. Our chairman is a moron and the 'review' was just a waste of time - we all knew what would come of it. No word yet of what's happening with our equally as useless assistant coaches either.

As for pretending it was mutual? If the club came out and said the McKenna was a bully and a stubborn coach with no prospects of success, it wouldn't reflect very well on the good work that Guy has already done. I guess it is to make it look good on him for the future, or at least to give him a bit of respect. Who knows - Witheriff is a campaigner.

Completely agree mate. Our chairman is a moron and the 'review' was just a waste of time - we all knew what would come of it. No word yet of what's happening with our equally as useless assistant coaches either.

As for pretending it was mutual? If the club came out and said the McKenna was a bully and a stubborn coach with no prospects of success, it wouldn't reflect very well on the good work that Guy has already done. I guess it is to make it look good on him for the future, or at least to give him a bit of respect. Who knows - Witheriff is a campaigner.

An old campaigner? I did enjoy his Morty Seinfeld-esque glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back