• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we were actually taking to Clarkson and were pretty confident but all on a hand shake sort of thing, but when he had to come out and deny it all, and lets face it he had to with the GF on the doorstep he backed out. Just a feeling, no info just observation.

I'm losing faith in the Clarkson rumour, however he is still on the road for the cup celebrations. IF there was any chance of it being Clarkson, it wouldn't be announced until that is all done. They are in Launceston tomorrow.

Given that we are down to the untried coach situation, and that Bolton and Bassett appear to be the leading candidates, I have to say that I'm torn as to which one is the right fit for Adelaide.

Bassett undoubtedly can coach but my fear with him is that will we become a team that plays dour defensive football. Bolton on the other hand would bring a totally different diverse style of football with more options in it that would be far more attractive to watch, and a style that can and has won flags.

We have good people doing the interviews so I'll back whichever one they end up selecting. Hopefully that's sooner than later, as I really think the lack of a coach is a big negative during the trade period.

Given that we are down to the untried coach situation, and that Bolton and Bassett appear to be the leading candidates, I have to say that I'm torn as to which one is the right fit for Adelaide.

Bassett undoubtedly can coach but my fear with him is that will we become a team that plays dour defensive football. Bolton on the other hand would bring a totally different diverse style of football with more options in it that would be far more attractive to watch, and a style that can and has won flags.

We have good people doing the interviews so I'll back whichever one they end up selecting. Hopefully that's sooner than later, as I really think the lack of a coach is a big negative during the trade period.
We can't replicate hawthorns style because we have a team of blokes who can't hit the side of a ******* barn.

Therefore based on the above, we should choose Bassett.

We can't replicate hawthorns style because we have a team of blokes who can't hit the side of a ******* barn.

Therefore based on the above, we should choose Bassett.

I understand your comments, but Hawthorn once were a basket case who couldn't either. You demand more from the players you have because that's your standard or they don't play and you draft players with quality disposal.

Its an extension on not accepting mediocrity which is the catchcry of the club at the moment.

I would say that Bassett would be the preferred candidate for Essendon but this may be too much like a repeat of the Matthew Knights experiment in terms of his apprenticeship.

Having said that I bet Essendon would give anything for the relative halcyon days of Knights's brief reign now.

For my money Thompson to Gold Coast, Bassett to coach Essendon, the waters for Adelaide are murkiest due to the turnoff factor of the Sando despatch method .... Ratten.

I look forward to reviewing this and realising 0 from 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy birthday. But I think this thread will go into meltdown if Bassett has ruled himself out. I think I need food to comfort myself and tissues coz I am a crier. But have a fabulous birthday. Man, I need red stuff and beer.

If Bassett rejects us then I'll be joining you. Save me a glass.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we were actually taking to Clarkson and were pretty confident but all on a hand shake sort of thing, but when he had to come out and deny it all, and lets face it he had to with the GF on the doorstep he backed out. Just a feeling, no info just observation.

Yes I think we can all so a big thank you to that childish dick head A Jarman. His little spat would have forced Clarkson to deny it all. One thing that Jarman dod say was that if Clarko lost he would come but if he won he more than likely would come. Having thought about that I don't think that Clarko would have come if he won because winning would give him the chance to do a three peat. That would be a once in a life time opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back