Is this the most biased article under the circumstances written by Robbo over the ASADA Affair?

Remove this Banner Ad

MightyPies1

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/es...-over-drugs-saga/story-fni0fiyv-1227077161342

And in spite of yesterday saying Collingwood was falling apart. Whilst it would appear Collingwood does have issues we look like a perfectly run club by comparison.

Terrible article and I suspect Robbo was wasted as he finished writing the article. The last few lines are vomit type stuff.
He is charging on for himself, his family, the players and the club, knowing that he’s probably sacrificing his career.
Yes, the players & club Albert... Repeat it enough and it becomes true.

He really can't get his head around the fact that it's pretty damn clear that Bomber is making it a choice between Hird or himself.

Just listen to his rambling, cringeworthy speech at their B&F tonight.

How does he arrive at the thought that Bomber might leave if Hird gets the ass?

Bewildering.

Last edited:
He really can't get his head around the fact that it's pretty damn clear that Bomber is making it a choice between Hird or himself.

How does he arrive at the thought that Bomber might leave if Hird gets the ass? Bewildering.
You have to remember that Robbo believes whatever anyone tells him... Remember he is a "journo"

It beggars belief that the chief football writer of a newspaper can come up with garbage like this and still holds his job.

This particular line blew me away:

And what happens if he wins the appeal, and the “show cause” notices disappear?

The Bombers would be slapping themselves on the back, and the bloke who didn’t blink would have lost his job — for saving the club.

Robbo still can't get it through his head that regardless of what happens at any appeal the SCN just aren't going to "disappear". To suggest that Hird could ever be seen as 'saving the club' is just laughable.

The day before the original findings he was adamant that Essendon and Hird would win and that the whole thing would just go away. He is too personally and emotionally invested in this issue to to write anything which could to be seen as balanced or even realistic.

He is an embarassment to the whole journalistic profession.

#Robbohasnoclue

If and when he goes against Essendon’s wishes, then it will be Hird v Bombers.

Considering who's in his ear, I found this line interesting.

Other than that it was classic robbo. Particularly liked how he's not so subtly urging bomber to give the club an ultimatum, if hird goes so does he, in the interest of friendship.

What a mess of a man Robinson is.

A hero worshipper extraordinaire. Robbo is Jordan Lewis' best mate now don't ya know lol

Robinson thought he could be a player in this saga. He was gonna help James beat the world...that damn evil, unfair world that wanted James held to account for his actions.

Now he sits and weeps, and forgets to think...as usual............and types.....again.

If Robbo has a true friend, he should sit the oaf down and play him Tommy Hafey's speech to Sheedy all those years ago:

"Stop being fancy Kevin, you're just a bloody back pocket plumber. Get the ball and sink your boot into it"

As Robbo watches it all crumble around him , he should get back to the keyboard and stick to typing fluff pieces about "extraordinary men":rolleyes: who kick a bit of leather around.

"Stop being bloody fancy Robbo. You're just a bloody below average intelligence slob who got lucky in finding himself writing about footy"

Par for course now.

I would love to be sitting in Robbo's performance review at end of year. Mike Sheahan must sit there shaking his head, wondering what happened to his beloved post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their coverage of this issue has been incredibly damaging to the HS brand, I always lent that way, but it's The Age only for me these days.

Then again I clicked on the link, and who cares why they click, just gotta keep those independent hits up.

Newspaper version of a shock jock.

Interesting that Robbo doesn't want to mention the $900k EFC paid him as an assistant or the $1.2m they paid him this season as senior coach, nor does he mention the $1.6m that the AFL are paying for Paul Roos to coach Melbourne.

Robbo is a disgrace to the industry and should call himself a columnist not a journalist in the same manner Andrew Bolt does.

Also might have a bit to do with Robbo not getting a single breaking story over the last 18 months of the suppliments saga, but it is hard to do this when you in the pub drinking for half the day.

What a mess of a man Robinson is.

A hero worshipper extraordinaire. Robbo is Jordan Lewis' best mate now don't ya know lol

Robinson thought he could be a player in this saga. He was gonna help James beat the world...that damn evil, unfair world that wanted James held to account for his actions.

Now he sits and weeps, and forgets to think...as usual............and types.....again.

If Robbo has a true friend, he should sit the oaf down and play him Tommy Hafey's speech to Sheedy all those years ago:

"Stop being fancy Kevin, you're just a bloody back pocket plumber. Get the ball and sink your boot into it"

As Robbo watches it all crumble around him , he should get back to the keyboard and stick to typing fluff pieces about "extraordinary men":rolleyes: who kick a bit of leather around.

"Stop being bloody fancy Robbo. You're just a bloody below average intelligence slob who got lucky in finding himself writing about footy"

Too much bloody finessin'

I have a lot of trouble

reading Robbo's articles

It is as

if he is

sacrificing the english language

to generate

column

inches.

GG, is that you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back