The Burqa Can Be Banned

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Tony has manufactured another issue to dog whistle to the racist idiots.
It's worked - how many have forgotten the budget already?

A quick war and a non-issue and it's "what budget emergency?"

I support Abbott's very reasonable, balanced comments 100%, as do the overwhelming majority of Australians (not that you'd know if if you only read the comments allowed through here). I wish it wasn't worn but respect the right of people to wear it. In secure buildings no attire should be worn which obscures identity or poses a security threat, including burquas. Now watch the Lefties foam at the mouth as they try to distort what Abbott said and screech racism and dog whistling. Grab the popcorn.

Ah Tony has manufactured another issue to dog whistle to the racist idiots.

You have let your anti-Abbott views embarrass you - religious freedom doesn't mean that women should be oppressed by the men who insist upon the burqa and don't let women go out unless accompanied by a male relative - its a shame that happens in this free country.

Ask yourself how this became an 'issue' this week.

The PUP (Lambie) tabled it. Its topical.

Moreover its good that the PM of Australia has an opinion on this, personally I hate the oppression of women in this country and it should be discouraged. However I agree with TA, a blanket ban on wearing a burka is a bridge too far.

Ask yourself how this became an 'issue' this week.
It's another 'look over here' tactic. Tends to distract the great unwashed from the colossal mess he and his band of incompetents are making to education, the economy, law, communications, defence, health et al.

Moreover its good that the PM of Australia has an opinion on this, personally I hate the oppression of women in this country and it should be discouraged. However I agree with TA, a blanket ban on wearing a burka is a bridge too far.
It was pushed along by his chief of staff. It's the Liberals giving the Liberals a chance to dog whistle.

Yeah Abbott's interested in women's rights. Afghanistan still has more female cabinet ministers than us, last I heard.

The champion of oppressed women. You're a regular Germaine Greer

I support Abbott's very reasonable, balanced comments 100%, as do the overwhelming majority of Australians (not that you'd know if if you only read the comments allowed through here). I wish it wasn't worn but respect the right of people to wear it. In secure buildings no attire should be worn which obscures identity or poses a security threat, including burquas. Now watch the Lefties foam at the mouth as they try to distort what Abbott said and screech racism and dog whistling. Grab the popcorn.
Source?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

funny that...I commented on ABC site the other day, I don't think I've ever seen a Burqa worn in this country, anywhere, and I challenge anyone to say otherwise.
You obviously are delusional and have not been to inner and central south western Sydney.

You obviously are delusional and have not been to inner and central south western Sydney.

It's been posted before by others (myself included) who reside in areas with a large muslim population. Burqas are as rare as rockinghorse s**t. I've seen only one in Melbourne's NW. Stop being such a twat

It's been posted before by others (myself included) who reside in areas with a large muslim population. Burqas are as rare as rockinghorse s**t. I've seen only one in Melbourne's NW. Stop being such a twat
No the thing is he said was he cahllenged anyone to say they have seen a burqa worn in Aust. This totally is a crap and wrong statement to make. Again though those from the left decided to shift the boundaries to suit their argument and try to claim a factually incorrect statement is factually correct. This is behaviour of twats.

No the thing is he said was he cahllenged anyone to say they have seen a burqa worn in Aust. This totally is a crap and wrong statement to make. Again though those from the left decided to shift the boundaries to suit their argument and try to claim a factually incorrect statement is factually correct. This is behaviour of twats.

So, how many have you seen on your regular fact finding missions into the bowels of Western Sydney?

Should come as a surprise to no-one that mottrain sees a burqa where others do not.

I'll keep an eye out for Ms Maley's articles;nice style.
I'll treat this the same way which you guys treat Bolt.

So, how many have you seen on your regular fact finding missions into the bowels of Western Sydney?
At least 1 which is all that needs to be said to defeat his highly wrong and dumb claim.

I'll treat this the same way which you guys treat Bolt.
Just as Adrain Bayley was found by a court to be a murderer and pedophile, Bolt was found to be a racist. If you want to defend him mate, that's fine, but you spould probably be aware of this, and perhaps realise that this is why anyone with a modicum of intelligence finds his worldview laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back