James Hird facing the sack

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumours are strong if Hird stays up to 10 players will walk and take "the deal". Players at other clubs have been instructed to take the deal.

Rule 1 in AFL football - NEVER take on the AFL - one way or another you will always come out the loser.

On the Essendon forum, it would seem like 95%+.

Then again, those that do not support #standbyhird have tended to keep quiet. It's too noisy over there.

Yep...it's not worth getting involved....unless one is prepared to take many whacks to the head.

Reading the EFC fb page it's more like 50-50....a truck load of supporters are not happy with Hirdy at all.

Yep...it's not worth getting involved....unless one is prepared to take many whacks to the head.

Reading the EFC fb page it's more like 50-50....a truck load of supporters are not happy with Hirdy at all.

100% agree with you appears he has split the club on many fronts ... supporters, players, and the board have the opposite view to him.

AD will be having a quiet chuckle to himself - Wonder how he will explain that one to his kids?

its not like they were injecting them with HGH or something that heinous.

From a pharmaceutical standpoint, what they did was far worse

There is a lot of clinical data on the potential risks associated with HGH usage. Enough that HGH can be legally prescribed by a doctor for various medical treatments.

With regards to the random/unknown peptides/compounds - there is minimal clinical data (if any) as to what the risk associated with their usage would be. Any doctor treating 'patients' by injecting such random compounds would be stripped of their licence to practice and would likely face criminal charges.

The premise put forth by sports 'scientists' that a specific compound isn't on an ASADA/WADA banned list and therefore should be ok to utilise in humans is false.

Ask yourself this - b/c Uranium235 isn't on ASADA/WADA banned lists, does that mean it is ok to inject that into humans?

Too extreme? What about radioactive iodine? - some isotopes are safe to use for medical imaging of thyroids others would destroy thyroid tissue/have potential to damage other organs. But IF your physician had no idea as to which isotopes were safe for long term and short term usage, or which ones shouldn't be used at all, would you think that its ok for them to repeatedly inject you with the various iodine types in the hope that they might get the desired effect?

Would you consider such practices safe or ethical? that is the effectively the sort of experimental program that essendon was running. We don't know if this works or not, and have no idea of its safety (short or long term) but lets repeatedly inject it anyway - and if we don't get the desired effect, we'll try the next random compound...

I want him gone - it is time we all moved on and let Hird fight through the legal system on his own. He was a good coach with us, his achievements as a player are unquestioned but his role as coach should end today.

Reinstate Bomber for good and not only do we have a chance of on field success, we can all move on from ASADA.

Not a moment too soon(if it happens).

This guy, who encouraged Dank, knew his old steroid head mate Charters was involved in the supply chain and who has testified that he was injecting himself with WADA banned drugs is still being endorsed for "doing nothing wrong" by his blinded fans.

Let's just hope all the texts back and forth between Dank and Hird come to light and aren't buried by his lawyers.

Always put his ego above players and club and now it is spelled out for all to see. Essendon are lucky he showed his true colours before they lost Bomber. Forget Thymosin Beta 4 .. if standing on principle means condoning injecting liquefied pigs brains into players then he doesn't stand for much.

As far as I am concerned Hird deserves to have his name removed from the Hall of Fame. He should never get a penny from the AFL or an AFL related organisation again.
Just re-name it the 'Hall of Shame' and make him the captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't even know what that is. I haven't followed the story. It doesn't really change my point.
Its just a bit sick making to me how hateful people can be about someone who was a great of the game.

EFA.

When you bring the game into disrepute, it doesn't matter what you've achieved in the past, your name becomes mud.

I don't even know what that is. I haven't followed the story. It doesn't really change my point.
Its just a bit sick making to me how hateful people can be about someone who is a great of the game.
Someone probably said a similar thing about Lance Armstrong once.

Hird's relied on people like yourself to not question him on the basis of his ability to kick a football better than others, and for a time it's worked.

This guy implemented and encouraged an injection regime that now has an entire club preying on societies gullibility by saying "we don't know what anyone took". People are buying it still too which says a lot about the general intelligence of those around us.

This same guy who knew his sports scientist was being supplied by a convicted drug trafficker - who he coincidentally( :rolleyes: ) worked with in his playing days - is trying to have all evidence squashed and thrown out.

But he was a great of the game, so I guess that's ok then.

Someone probably said a similar thing about Lance Armstrong once.

Hird's relied on people like yourself to not question him on the basis of his ability to kick a football better than others, and for a time it's worked.

This guy implemented and encouraged an injection regime that now has an entire club preying on societies gullibility by saying "we don't know what anyone took". People are buying it still too which says a lot about the general intelligence of those around us.

This same guy who knew his sports scientist was being supplied by a convicted drug trafficker - who he coincidentally( :rolleyes: ) worked with in his playing days - is trying to have all evidence squashed and thrown out.

But he was a great of the game, so I guess that's ok then.

Wow

Sounds like he has even less credibility than you, troll.

I still can't believe he wasn't sacked after the Switkowski report.
I don't understand it at all no matter how much bias there is from certain sectors. That internal report is damaging.
The talk of him coming back to a job in 2015 since has been beyond a joke. People actually thought it would happen, unbelievable. How? How does anyone come back from it all?
Essendon as stupid as they are with the #standbyhird campaign will come out of this a much much better club. Not even Brisbane with Voss or Collingwood with Buckley have this level of bias.
A lesson will be learnt, the lesson no individual is bigger than the club.
The harder Hird falls the better EFC will be in the long term.
What about Geelong and Abblett Snr, after what happened with Alicia Horan?

if essendon want to once again become the powerhouse they once were, the purging needs to happen now

start afresh, get on the good side of karma get rid of this tainted coach who has dragged the club into the abyss

although, i would personally love to see hird stay on as coach and further drag the entire efc into a decade of woeful mediocrity
hey, at least you have anzac day!

two choices
1. redemption and get on a new road to recovery

2. keep hird, bad karma, ill feelings, pissed off players

If the board sack him, they should all immediately hand in their resignations.

They are the fools that backed him 100% and gave him a ridiculous & unnecessary extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back