No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think most people are forgetting one thing, this is and should always be about the players. If it is true that the leadership group asked Hird not to go ahead with the appeal and Hird has not taken that advice ie...might be time for Hird to walk away and fight the battle on his own to restore his reputation in the industry. If he is going against the players' wishes, then he might have given up on his coaching career to tackle the AFL/ASADA to try and expose their behaviour/tactics to this point.

As hard as it is to say and this is the first time that I have started to think this way, Hird may have to go. I have no doubt the players love Hird and loved playing for him, but if they are asking him to do something and he does the opposite, it may not sit well with the players.

If they want Bomber, then Bomber stays...who gives a **** what people may say outside our club, we have stuck fat for almost two years and our membership and support has grown, when that day comes and Watson/Heppell hold the premiership trophy aloft - I have no idea how hard I will party after shedding a few tears of joy and giving a big F U to the AFL/Media/Everyone else!!!!!!!

I think most people are forgetting one thing, this is and should always be about the players. If it is true that the leadership group asked Hird not to go ahead with the appeal and Hird has not taken that advice ie...might be time for Hird to walk away and fight the battle on his own to restore his reputation in the industry. If he is going against the players' wishes, then he might have given up on his coaching career to tackle the AFL/ASADA to try and expose their behaviour/tactics to this point.

As hard as it is to say and this is the first time that I have started to think this way, Hird may have to go. I have no doubt the players love Hird and loved playing for him, but if they are asking him to do something and he does the opposite, it may not sit well with the players.

If they want Bomber, then Bomber stays...who gives a **** what people may say outside our club, we have stuck fat for almost two years and our membership and support has grown, when that day comes and Watson/Heppell hold the premiership trophy aloft - I have no idea how hard I will party after shedding a few tears of joy and giving a big F U to the AFL/Media/Everyone else!!!!!!!

That's your 666th post.

The devil made you write that.

Little stated at the Crichton that the club is confident nothing banned or harmful was administered. If this is the case, why would James not be given the opportunity to clear his name and air the details so that we may not only be officially exonerated and shown to be innocent in the court of public opinion? The bloke deserves the right to conduct his legal affairs as he wishes and fight at his expense all he likes. If the players recieve and successfully challenge SCN's then the Hird business will be of no consequence other than to further demonstrate their innocence once sorted. I think a Hird sacking is an admission of guilt and has far more serious consequences with regard to the direction the club will take from here.
I believe the club has moved on Hird as they are concerned about losing Bomber as well so they are playing a safe hand. I can't imagine how Bomber would possibly be less complicit in this process than Hird given his history. Either way I hope we have one of them in '15 because Harvey or the other alternatives are not attractive ones.

Maybe it is more of a love of wanting this to end over it continuing. I have no doubt that both men are loved by the playing group.
This could all end tomorrow if the players did the honourable thing and just admit they took TB4 and take their bans. Then we could replace them and move on with a new group.

Can only hope this is the head that things had to come to.

On a day where McKenna being sacked should have been the biggest story, we once again go and steal every headline.

We clearly just love all this attention.

Sorry to be a pain but can anyone give me an update of where things sit re Hird?

Someone told me bomber said he would only stay at essendon if he were the coach?

Sorry to be a pain but can anyone give me an update of where things sit re Hird?

Someone told me bomber said he would only stay at essendon if he were the coach?

It seems we will all be that much wiser after today's events....

...but how many times have we thought or been told that over the past couple of years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can only hope this is the head that things had to come to.

On a day where McKenna being sacked should have been the biggest story, we once again go and steal every headline.

We clearly just love all this attention.

Clearly, lol

What the AFLPA would like and what ASADA do are two separate things.

ASADA are on record as saying that they won't reissue the SCNs until after the court proceedings are completely done with, which Hird appealing obviously continues.
You're credibility is COMPLETELY gone if Hird's appeal doesn't hold up the SCN process. You should fall on your sword and resign from this board. Sound familiar?

Over this entire time we as supporters have held pretty firm. Initally, we were all pro Hird, he deserved a chance and the club insisted we wait for the truth. As time has passed the anti hird chorus has steadily grown. Wether it be via constant media bombardment, tiredness of the saga, whatever.

It's beginning to be clear that at present in here the rift is huge, there is a huge pro hird camp and now the anti hird camp.Frankly it's getting embarrassing watching ourselves eat each other alive! Doing the trolls work, why have supporters only thread when we are worse to each other?

It's gotten to the point where we need to be split onto two threads, a hird thread and a non hird one. Clearly the club is in a bind, of it's own doing? Well you don't make the mistakes we have and not take zero blame.

It seems the club, under pressure or not has realised it may not be possible to move forward with hird....but they cant just start again because on field success is the one thing that will keep the supporters on side. I truly believe they think the only way the supporters will swallow a hird exit is if bomber stays. They believe, and I agree , that he has the support of the bulk of our fan base.

Hird deserves the right to fight, can he fight and be coach? It dosent seem as such. The players want to move on, fans want to move on. He may win the case but lose the players anyway? I don't think the club has flipped or flopped morally if they move on, it's pragmatism...sometimes you need to choose what's best, choose your battles.

I'm.proud with how we have stood up to what is increasingly an unwinnable war, not because we are wrong (there will be no infractions) but because we are fighting a battle thst should we win, we will lose anyway. It feels like a battle of pride. Clearly we want the world to know we were treated badly. I'll just settle for no infractions and to move on as a club. The bigger we poke at the wound now the longer it will take to heal. If bomber is the bandaid to aid the process I'll wear that.

Just hoping we in here can stop eating ourselves, we are all here for each other, have supported each other thru this s**t time, dont crack now!

Fwiw the exact traits that made hird a champion player, determination, single mindedness, drive ect are the exact traits that mean he will never give in now. We need to let him.fight this....he will wether we like it or not! It's better for us all that he can do it without dragging the players thru the mire.

It seems we will all be that much wiser after today's events....
True, you'd think we'd have learnt by now not to get sucked in by the media.

Does anyone know if its true that the club banned James Hird from attending the Crichton medal last night?

...but how many times have we thought or been told that over the past couple of years?

It is a Thompson vs Hird issue and will ALWAYS be a Thompson vs Hird issue if the club goes down this path.. that is why I would prefer a new coach.. free of all this drama.

I find it sad that the players have again been lied to and told that if Bomber is coaching it will all 'go away'.. it won't.

Hird's appeal will 'hold up' the SCN's by a month at most.. at most. And it looks like AFLPA will push hard for it to continue 'as per normal'.. and considering that Middleton did NOT grant a stay against the execution of SCN's.. just agreed it would be best to adhere to a 'status quo'.. there is nothing to suggest that ASADA would be prohibited by law from continue the doping process concurrently to defending Hird's appeal. Anyway ASADA wouldn't be defending the appeal because an appeal is strictly on matters of legal interpretation.

So really it would be a stalling tactic by ASADA.. who have shown no interest, at any point, of hurrying this thing along.

So right now I can see that Goodwin is 'applauded' for coaching.. Thompson is prime candidate for coaching.. the Board gets to stay, the players are in hot demand from other clubs but once against 'Hird' is the evil one.

SO everyone gets to keep their careers but not Hird right? Seems legit.

As I said.. if the club wants to move on.. fine.. but with a NEW coach.. I will NEVER support Thompson as coach for stabbing Hird in the back. And I get the added bonus of watching my team go further backwards and become a pathetically boring team to watch.. I will also be very confident that this thing NEVER ends if we install Thompson as coach.. this will drag on and on and on and on.. supporters, members and at board level.

So right now I can see that Goodwin is 'applauded' for coaching.. Thompson is prime candidate for coaching.. the Board gets to stay, the players are in hot demand from other clubs but once against 'Hird' is the evil one.
This bit just amazes me! They're all ok??? Didn't Goodwin partake in some supplements too???
How about Worsfold? Oh damn it! He's a chemist! :p

Anyone know what time the emergency board meeting starts today?

Does it really matter what time its on? What are they going to tell us that we dont already know?

You dont uninvite your coach from the b&f if you arent getting rid of him. He wasnt acknowledged by a single person on the night. Instead we pretty much unveiled bomber as coach.

we learnt everything we needed to yesterday. Hird era is officially over.

sorry sorry.. breach of employment contract. He does have one of those..

Whatever you want to call it.. he can sue the club for breach of contract.. unless we pay him out.. or he agrees to a settlement.
I think no matter what happens the club will make sure he is payed out and rightly so.

They went down this court path hand in hand and an appeal was always a chance in the process.

Agree on your points about a clean slate if Hird goes except for the point about Bomber falling on his sword. I reckon he'd try to stay on. It would be more of the same in the media though and we don't need that.

If Hird goes, start again. Appalling as I find the thought after all this crap.

The board has to go once this is over, I believe if Thompson is coach fans will fall into line.

Does it really matter what time its on? What are they going to tell us that we dont already know?

You dont uninvite your coach from the b&f if you arent getting rid of him. He wasnt acknowledged by a single person on the night. Instead we pretty much unveiled bomber as coach.

we learnt everything we needed to yesterday. Hird era is officially over.

The saddest thing to come out of all this is that Fletcher will not get a farewell game :( he was only playing on if Hird was coach

The board has to go once this is over, I believe if Thompson is coach fans will fall into line.
What happens at the end of 2015 if Thompson is coach then decides he is "burnt out" and no longer wishes to continue? Then we are up shite creek without a paddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back