List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope the coaching group can work out how all 3 play in the same side next time we play Port!

Are Port even that quick? White, Hartlett, Grey, Wingard, Neade and Polec are the only ones that immediately stand out to me.
I think it was more their 'who gives a s**t lets just all bail forward at the same time because we have nothing to lose' attitude that ****ed with us. I feel that's more a gameplan issue than a personnel issue. Frawley and Whitecross will help mind you.

O'Rourke's pick No 2 two years ago, & he wants to return home (they didn't kick him out, & they got a zillion to cover for him); sure, there may be question marks over 'fitness' - attitude even - but our 2nd pick is 37 ... they aren't that stupid. Some pretty serious wheelin' & dealin' will be needed to save our first.

Are Port even that quick? White, Hartlett, Grey, Wingard, Neade and Polec are the only ones that immediately stand out to me.
I think it was more their 'who gives a s**t lets just all bail forward at the same time because we have nothing to lose' attitude that ****** with us. I feel that's more a gameplan issue than a personnel issue. Frawley and Whitecross will help mind you.
Apparently they also indulge in a variety of "set plays" that sound pretty cheeky. I think it was Derm who described one where all the forwards congregated in the pocket and then burst out into the centre of the 50 once the centre clearance had been won to try and take advantage of that chaos.

They've also been accused of sitting lots of players forward of the stoppage so they'll have a head start on their opponent if they win the stoppage and they simply run back hard to force another stoppage if they don't win the first.

Some innovative strategies and new spins on old ones. They'll get almost as much attention as us by opposition coaching panels in the off season. I'll back Clarko to be one of the few to come up with an effective counter.

Is Sewell trade bait? I think we only played him in the Qualifying Final to get him to his 200th.

He's un-contracted and a free agent, so no in the practical sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly could see Collingwood picking him up. Perfect Ball replacement and with Beams going they really need a bit more experience in the middle
That wouldn't make much sense.

Collingwood getting a player that actually improves their midfield? I agree.
Collingwood need a midfielder who will sustain them for at least 2-3 seasons.

Sewell probably won't do that.

He'd be ideal at GWS to take some heat off the kids, take them under his wing and be an onfield coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back