No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way does Cox's revelations about numerous players on drugs at WC raise any eyebrows? Given what Cousin's was on I'm guessing they were on stuff a little more volatile than Peptides. Either way, ASADA better go and have a look at their books and violations/criminal records...or it just doesn't matter?

Does it really matter what time its on? What are they going to tell us that we dont already know?

You dont uninvite your coach from the b&f if you arent getting rid of him. He wasnt acknowledged by a single person on the night. Instead we pretty much unveiled bomber as coach.

we learnt everything we needed to yesterday. Hird era is officially over.
I disagree. Last week Hird was coach and everything was fine. Now he is being sacked? We know nothing about what is going on. If Hird is sacked, i can't see how that isn't an admission of guilt on some level. His contract extension last year was the most powerful message of innocence the club could have sent out. The world seems to have gone mad again

By the way does Cox's revelations about numerous players on drugs at WC raise any eyebrows? Given what Cousin's was on I'm guessing they were on stuff a little more volatile than Peptides. Either way, ASADA better go and have a look at their books and violations/criminal records...or it just doesn't matter?
Yep that whole eagles story is just a big hello broom meet rug let's sweep it all under scenario

Im tipping coke and pills dont enhance anything but your dancing
Amphetamines and stuff? Performance enhancing. But I spose if they can't see that then oh well. AFL seem to turn a blind eye to illegal substances that you can go to jail for, but wanna pursue the possibility that BCAA's that aren't allowed might of, or someone mentioned, or I heard they took something, a bloke down the pub said they were on...Illegal drugs vs Saad's energy drink??? The whole thing is a joke and a witch hunt of grand proportions.

What the Eagles were up to in those days should come as no surprise to anybody.

A couple of players from rival clubs from that era mentioned it and were told to pull their heads in.

Remember:

Dale Lewis from the Swans telling it how it was in Perth?

The Chad Fletcher near death incident on the end of season trip?

Kerr and the phone call about horse drugs?

Daniel Chic being pulled over by the police with interesting cargo on board?

Bad Benny Cousins fleeing from his Merc and doing an impromptu triathlon in his clothes?

Last edited:
Amphetamines and stuff? Performance enhancing. But I spose if they can't see that then oh well. AFL seem to turn a blind eye to illegal substances that you can go to jail for, but wanna pursue the possibility that BCAA's that aren't allowed might of, or someone mentioned, or I heard they took something, a bloke down the pub said they were on...Illegal drugs vs Saad's energy drink??? The whole thing is a joke and a witch hunt of grand proportions.

Freddy cook took speed for the bulk of his vfa career , said it was far from enhancing cause your decision making is flawed.

But I know what you mean, was just taking the piss a bit

Surely yesterdays events were a collaboration between Club/Hird/Bomber.

In my mind there is no way the club would "move on" Jimmy & no way they would "ban him" from attending the BnF. (To many Q's would be asked by well meaning fans to attend)

Something's going down but whatever happens from here has been thoroughly thought out and agreed upon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i dont get is how the club came to this (on b&f night of all things) were we that arrogant and sure of ourselves that we wouldnt lose the initial case that we had no plans at all?

Surely yesterdays events were a collaboration between Club/Hird/Bomber.

In my mind there is no way the club would "move on" Jimmy & no way they would "ban him" from attending the BnF. (To many Q's would be asked by well meaning fans to attend)

Something's going down but whatever happens from here has been thoroughly thought out and agreed upon.

I can't think of one reason big enough for Hird not to attend the BnF thats small enough not to matter.

Brad Scott should be sacked for approving Boomer's appeal to his suspension during the finals. I mean, how dare he appeal "the umpire's decision".

As I said.. if the club wants to move on.. fine.. but with a NEW coach.. I will NEVER support Thompson as coach for stabbing Hird in the back. And I get the added bonus of watching my team go further backwards and become a pathetically boring team to watch.. I will also be very confident that this thing NEVER ends if we install Thompson as coach.. this will drag on and on and on and on.. supporters, members and at board level.

I think it's been pretty evident over the past 6 months that you will never support Thompson as a coach, and that's before this alleged "stabbing Hird in the back"

Given the trial-by-media and public demanding their pound of flesh (which happens to be Hird), it is a thousand times more likely to come to an end with Thompson as coach than it is with Hird as coach.

Funnily enough I'm more interested to see what Hird says about Evans and Demetriou now that he will be in court as a non EFC/AFL employee than seeing us play in 2015. I think we will finally get the truth.

Wonder if Hirdy will get Dank in there too?

If Hird goes and then wins his case or tells his unrestrained story. This will put an enormous amount of supporter pressure back on the club.

So we've sacked a favorite son and a great of our club who is free to coach etc..it will knaw away at the place for a long time. Realistically only a premiership (quickly) would satiate a huge part of the supporter base Imo.

i havent heard anything about this for 12 hours other than Hird didnt attend the BF so -

Is there definitely a board meeting today?
The Parrot thinks so. And if she's correct there's obviously again some tosser inside the club leaking to her which is disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back