World Series of Poker Asia-Pacific (WSOP APAC)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the purpose of a 25/25 level? It's not the first time I've seen one but I've always wondered about why they have it.

Just because its a 3k starting stack so it gives punteds 100bb to kick off which is kind of a requirement these days. Even having >100bb in the second level puts a lot of players off

But here in Aus because we usually start out tourneys at 10k minimum usually 20k then a 25/25 level is pointless ofc

I'll be poning up to have a crack at the $1k event

Very strange that they have it as an accumulator event with Day 1A starting Thursday 6pm, Day 1B starting Friday 12 noon and Day 1C starting Friday 6 pm.

With sessions going for 8 hours plus breaks, you'd be going to 3 am on the Friday morning and then days 1B and 1C overlap.

Can definitely see some lite jamming after 6 pm on Day 1B

Depends on when entries close for 1B.

From my experience in multi-flight events, its usually the opposite, as people like to lock and survive a day.

------------------------------------

Anyway, I had a good start to the two day satellite in Perth. After Day 1A I have the lead, and won't be trying to accumulate tonight.

Fun hand.

$15k start banks
45 minute levels
Day 1A and 1B, you can accumulate stacks

Anyway, fifth level, 150/300 25 ante

Average is about 19k, I have ~50k,villian has $45k or so

PREFLOP:

UTG raises to 1000, villain calls, two more calls.

Ash is aware this is a great squeeze spot and is preparing to squeeze light. I woke up with black KK anyway lol.

Ash raises to 3800. UTG tank folds. Villain (we have a decent amount of history and play some fun hands together) decides to shove for $45k (150bb for those playing along at home)

Folds to me, I call.

He has A9ss

Flop Axx two clubs.

Turn club, river club yay...

---------------------------

Finished day with $104k, no-one else has more than $65k (so yes, that pot was bigger then any one elses stack lol.

Looking like I'll be playing

$1k accum (2 bullets)
$2.2k NLHE
$1.5k dealers choice
$2.2k 6max

And the main event/5k 8 game will be events I'll consider if the week is going well for me. I'll be playing some of the main sattys as well so might just bink a seat anyway

What's your choices for games played in the dealers choice?

Any plans, or wait to see the table?

What's your choices for games played in the dealers choice?

Any plans, or wait to see the table?

It'll be table dependant though without giving it a lot of thought I'll probably be mixing up stud8 and razz because I figure there will be a lack of experience in those, but I'll put some thought in to it closer to the event

If I get a tough table I'll probably stick to holdem and omaha

It'll be table dependant though without giving it a lot of thought I'll probably be mixing up stud8 and razz because I figure there will be a lack of experience in those, but I'll put some thought in to it closer to the event

If I get a tough table I'll probably stick to holdem and omaha

I love Stud8 and Razz. Good choices. If i can win at those (small stakes) people MUST be bad at it ;)

yeah stud8 is a fun game to play especially

i assume a lot of people will be picking mix games in an attempt to get an edge, when in reality theres always going to be 1-2 peope who should be picking NLHE all the time and 1 or so who should be picking PLO, I cant imagine NLHE or PLO gets a major run

But I play a lot of 8 game and enjoy them all so if one game is being neglected I'll probably get that in a rotation if possible as well

2-7triple is my weakest game by far, so I'll need to do some studying as I know lots of people like it and it could get picked a fair bit

yeah stud8 is a fun game to play especially

i assume a lot of people will be picking mix games in an attempt to get an edge, when in reality theres always going to be 1-2 peope who should be picking NLHE all the time and 1 or so who should be picking PLO, I cant imagine NLHE or PLO gets a major run

But I play a lot of 8 game and enjoy them all so if one game is being neglected I'll probably get that in a rotation if possible as well

2-7triple is my weakest game by far, so I'll need to do some studying as I know lots of people like it and it could get picked a fair bit

Same with me when I play 8 game

Not sure but they were like 12 or 15 game, this one is only 8

From memory there were lots of people picking games like baducy etc that ppl have no clue about

16 games IIRC

Hilariously, when they got HU (play two hands at a time and swap) the guy playing against Mizrachi always played PLO (despite Mizrachi bring a PLO bracelet winner) and Mizrachi played about 10 of the games IIRC making decisions mainly on stack sizes etc...

---------------------------

Anyway, managed to win a seat today, yay, go me.

Need to confirm the time off, but Ash will definitely be in Melbourne looking to win myself a bracelet or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Live stream and TV schedule:

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/09/wsop-apac-live-stream-tv-19362.htm

The big part though:

"both the ... Main Event and ... High Roller will be broadcast with hole cards on a 30-minute delay on ESPN in both the U.S. and Australia."

"Every hand of High Roller final table will air on ESPN beginning at 3 p.m. local time on Friday, October 17, and then one day later at the same time the final table of the Main Event will be televised. It will mark the first time in Australia that a poker event has aired the same day it is contested."

I bombed out on level 6, with aa vs qj bb on a qjhh5 board.

Even though I thought he had the qj couldn't let the bullets go. Also didn't help I had 17bb to start and had fired off 5bb

Last edited:
Yeah Riess surprised me with how tall he is

Busted 2nd bullet, peaked at 8.5k, started 100/200 with 20bb ran 99 into KK for 12bb then got the rest in A3<KQ for the remaining 10bb

Yeah Riess surprised me with how tall he is
I was walking into Crown on Thursday arvo and noticed some hot chick with a guy who seemed to be punching well above his weight. I didn't think much of it until I happened to see a picture of Riess on PokerNews the next day. Realised it was the same guy. Dude is definitely very tall.

WSOP-APAC numbers definitely concerning, I am actually quite surprised, because it is a slightly bigger and longer series then last year I thought we might get a few more.

Anyway, the field has been legit tough (far tougher then any $5k that isn't affiliated with Aussie Mills such as an APPT etc...) with a heap of Americans travelling. If I knew what the field would be like, and I hadn't already satted in, I probably wouldn't have bothered coming and definitely wouldn't bother registering the Main Event. I mean, my opening table day 1A was

- Andy H a WSOP-Europe bracelet winner
- Ami B the AM Main winner this year.
- A solid french guy whos name I don't know
- Jackie G
- Two other really good players
- Me

Other tables have been softer but all have still had at least two very good players outside of me which has been annoying. Hopefully for the $2k we can seat draw better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back