The Law The Terrorism Files - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I misrepresented you and I'm sorry for that.

Yes I missed it. That snippet would definately have changed the context.
Sorry, my bad. It's easy to assume people have been involved throughout. Probably should have related it back or quoted my previous post :D

Because the perp can still kill you. A few basic precautions are called for prior to approaching police. Perform a body search on yourself to detect the presence of any lethal weapons. For example if knives are found, discard them. Under no circumstances use the knives against the police. Attempting to murder them will almost certainly result in your own immediate death.

Why does being a conservative mean licking the boots of all authority. I just do not understand how a highly trained professional with a fire arm cannot shoot a youth with a knife without killing them

I just do not understand how a highly trained professional with a fire arm cannot shoot a youth with a knife without killing them

A grown man with a knife who had already inflicted serious injuries on both officers? Rubbish. Officers are taught to shoot as a last resort, but to aim to incapacitate quickly with he best chance of slowing the perp. That means aiming at the torso. Shoot a man in the leg and he can still stab you. Also shooting a leg in the middle of violent confrontation is a bloody hard thing to do.

A grown man with a knife who had already inflicted serious injuries on both officers? Rubbish. Officers are taught to shoot as a last resort, but to aim to incapacitate quickly with he best chance of slowing the perp. That means aiming at the torso. Shoot a man in the leg and he can still stab you. Also shooting a leg in the middle of violent confrontation is a bloody hard thing to do.

I know there is a guy in hospital - what happened to the others - surely they are trained for these situations

Are you a cop - I like the technical way you are using the word "perp"to give your post the authority of insider jargon - only ******* seppos use that - never heard a "jack"" say that in my life. Those hard core perps wanting to put a cap in yo ass be trippin

Your right its just one big conspiracy and i wouldn't be surprised the police just stabbed themselves as they wanted to get out of work. Also the young muslm man seem so well balanced going by reports.
I know people who know the kid and know others who no people who know the kid. Apparently completely out of character.

Its pretty much the key operational and structural difference between Islam and Christianity.

Islam governs by consensus (hence a caliphate can't be declared without worldwide support for it) and Christianity governs by authority.

But both more or less preach the same lessons and values. Definitely the most similar out of the 8 "big" religions to the point that they're almost identical by comparison.
What are they BTW?

I don't think you are very informed about the Victoria Police.

Your comments suggest that you have a dislike/distrust of all Police not just the Victoria Police. Are you well informed about all Police and particularly the Victoria Police?

Your comments suggest that you have a dislike/distrust of all Police not just the Victoria Police. Are you well informed about all Police and particularly the Victoria Police?

I've had multiple personal bad experiences with VicPol, and I've read up on their history quite extensively.

They have an insitutional problem in that they were set up as a force of prison guards and have never adjusted the way they operate to become actual police. The level of corruption and summary justice handed out by VicPol is bad. Worse than anywhere in Australia and most developed countries. We've had royal commissions into NSW and QLD to fix up the insitutional corruption - a similar commission would never get off the ground into VicPol, they're too dirty and too tied up with the pollies.

Individual cops can be good blokes or s**t blokes, judge them all individually. Dickheads do tend to gravitate towards that job though because of the perks (use of force, no accountability for using said force etc).

But the nature of their job is not one where you would ever see them in a positive light or that they would have a positive influence on your life. If you have legal issues and need help you call a lawyer, not the police.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely they are trained for these situations

The reality is this situation is unlikely to come about once in whole career. Put yourself in the police officers shoes. You've been ambushed by a knife wielding manic who's stabbed one officer in the face and inflicted multiple stab wounds on the other. Your in pain, bleeding and I dont care who you are - scared - and this bloke is still coming at you. Do you really "shoot-to-wound" is your highest priority - or is stopping the bastard and thus saving your own life or that of your partner?

Last edited:
Where is the outrage over a female that attacked the Muslim woman on the train purely because of her religion.

If this were reversed - Muslim woman attacks Caucasian woman, the outrage would be enormous.
Double standard from some me thinks.

Im outraged, Maggie

poster%20outrage.jpg

Where is the outrage over a female that attacked the Muslim woman on the train purely because of her religion.

If this were reversed - Muslim woman attacks Caucasian woman, the outrage would be enormous.
Double standard from some me thinks.

Terrible if true. What happened?

Terrible if true. What happened?
Funnily enough, very little in written media but lots on electronic media. Muslim woman (24) on the train, attacked, head banged and thrown our of train whilst at station.
Woman (31) found and has been charged.

The pretext to that image, which you may have missed, was my wife's fear of attending the AFL and NRL grand finals due to a fear of a terrorist attack.

upload_2014-10-2_13-3-29.png

With war, comes votes. Fixing domestic violence won't do a lot for re-election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back