Media Inside Qooty Finalsathon (page 32)

Remove this Banner Ad

AMATEUR FAWN - **unfortunately, late last night BigJoeD killed Bambi:(**

Now that the pesky AFL thingie is out of the way, the SFA S18 Finals are almost upon us and will take centre stage, one of the surprise packets of the season, the Coney Island Warriors, cemented a finals berth in their debut season with a thrilling four point win over a desperately unlucky, oh so very unlucky, criminally unlucky, Fighting Furies, so sincere congratulations, really I mean it, to Frankston Rover and his team.
For the Round 14 edition of "Meet The Rookies" I am pleased to introduce one of the "Plague Of Rookies" that the Warriors inflict on the competition, zackah.

TIA: Welcome zackah, congratulations on making the finals, there was no doubt that the first Warriors v Furies was a particularly nasty affair, so the contrast with the one just gone was quite marked, a very mild affair indeed, almost friendly in fact, is this a conscious effort on behalf of the Warriors in general to mellow out, or just that thetradesman wasn't there?

zackah: Thanks for having me TIA. Plague of Rookies. I like it. Invinciblues will be sure to use that against you next time you melt over his superior trolling.

Last weeks thread was a bit tame by our standards. Nothing to do with Tradey who sure seems to get a bad rap around here. Obviously our leadership team of Frankston Rover and Sydney Bloods were somewhat occupied all week in peppering each others anguses so to speak for another game on the weekend. Come to think of it I haven’t seen Sydney for a few days. Hope he is ok :)

TIA: Haha! InwhingiBlues? He is my plaything:p. I'm of the opinion that FR has done a fantastic job getting you guys up and about, how did you find your way to the SFA and what is Frankie really like behind the scenes?

zackah: FR has done a great job. I have been on bigfooty for a few years but had never heard of the SFA before. He briefly explained the concept to me and asked me to join. A few of the regular bay boys were on-board already so I thought why not and have thoroughly enjoyed myself since.

As for FR behind the scenes well some things need to stay behind closed locker room doors. I do admit to having some concerns about being influenced by the ‘frankston factor’ but as yet I have been able to avoid the ugg boots and paternity tests. Got him with a killer sig bet earlier in the year too :D

TIA: The Warriors have all been boganised! 14 rounds in and it seems that you are really comfortable in the team/match thread environment, what about the SFA itself, do you feel comfortable and do you see yourself sticking around for next season and beyond?

zackah: You trying to recruit me TIA? Nah, happy to be your "enemy" so to speak;)

Yeah as mentioned above I really enjoy it. I wasn’t really sure what to expect to be honest but I have a lot of fun. The Bay gets a bad name but to be honest the only reason I post there is for the humour. I don’t even venture onto the main board due to the number of humourless flogs that post there. I have said it before but the similarity between the Bay and the SFA is remarkable. The trolling is all about the humour, which is what I enjoy.

I definitely see myself sticking around for a few years. I ventured into starting a couple of media threads earlier in the year (one whilst completely s**t faced which actually turned out ok). Will probably do a few more of those when I have time and can think of a half decent concept.

Or most likely I’ll just do it drunk again.

TIA: Good to hear. It's fairly obvious that the Warrior camp believe that the Mobbs, the EKA and the flag are going to Bunny Island, who are your picks, and why, for the medals and who do you feel is leading the way for your team, aside from FR?

zackah: We are all about team here at the Warriors. Individual awards mean nothing to us. That said Lord_Flashheart for Mobbs, BigJoeD for Ekka will clean up. Why? Because they, and we, are better than you.

I have been very impressed with all of the Rookies and team in general. FR has done a great job pulling everyone together but all of the boys have had a lot of fun in match threads and throughout the board. Besides the occasional attacking the man posts that come our way to a few guys in particular our match threads are usually a lot of fun.

TIA: Media threads, long time posters who believe they are a big deal around here, fellow rookies and SFAers in general, who/what impresses/annoys?

zackah: This is a dig at Boncer* right? I’m still coming up to speed with how things work around here but if so I fully support and endorse this troll. What a flog. ;)

*And Juggs too, yeah?

Nothing really annoys me. Unlike your good self I don’t melt over the small things. I don’t really get into the stats threads too much but that is because I am far too lazy to keep up to date with them

(and my tackle count has dropped off in recent weeks :( )

TIA: Ah, those mysterious melts again! You guys keep believing that. Who do you feel will meet the Warriors in the GF?

zackah: Does it matter? Can’t see us losing. Lets go with……

The Bears.

Lol. :)

A big thank you to zachah for that candid interview, strap yourselves in SFA as the Warriors appear to be planning on sticking around, personally, I think that this is a great thing:thumbsu:.

In true journalistic style TIA has grossly edited my responses to make me sound like a complete flog.

Personally I feel my original comments sufficiently demonstrated this without the need for editing.

In true journalistic style TIA has grossly edited my responses to make me sound like a complete flog.

Personally I feel my original comments sufficiently demonstrated this without the need for editing.
Liar, liar pants on fire!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AMATEUR FAWN
*A picture of a baby deer would usually be here, but such is the demands of BigJoeD's management we are forbidden from posting it in the same area... Thanks mainly to Joe's crippling fear of newborn hoofed animals.*

Like a John Farnham Reunion Tour, the Amateur Fawn Round Table has been begrudgingly dragged back into the limelight to try and clear up some heavy tax debt. Featuring on the panel for this instalment we have the cream of the sexy young SFA crop. Captain Awkward , BigJoeD and This Is Anfield - please gesture toward the camera now...

Without further ado, lets throw to brahj in the studio who will fail to greet the audience, as per usual.
-----------------------------------------------------​

brahj: We've all pretty much been around and involved in the league for around 3 quarters of a season now, we know what a bye is, the first lot of teams have been ruled out of finals contention (fffuuuuhawks) while at the other end there are teams who have clinched a playoff berth. Now that we're all a little bit wiser and a lot less green, the question as to impressions has to be asked. Captain, I'm starting with you here given you're probably the most recent to make your ascent into "League view".​

Captain Awkward: Firstly, thanks to brahj for organising this and commiserations on killing off your finals chances. Unlike most of you guys, it has probably taken me a bit longer to get into the groove of the SFA. It took about half the season for me to actually start paying attention to things outside of our match threads. Overall, I enjoy the community of the SFA and most people have been particularly welcoming. As a rookie, "leaving the nest" can be a bit daunting but with the support of my leaders and the community in general, I feel very much at home. Our captain Karnezis_13 was the one that recruited and encouraged me to participate in the SFA, and I feel that it's my duty as a rookie to put myself out there and justify his faith in me.

brahj: Would you say that the same can be said for yourself Joe? I ask that, knowing that Coney Island probably got judged quite harshly in the first few rounds, surely that must have impacted in some way. Maybe it still does?

BigJoeD: When we started we copped a bit re the quality of posting - to be honest I thought our first thread against the Bears was pretty good. We then played games where a couple of our experienced players were matched against their old sides, and posting on both sides deteriorated to a degree. Despite a recent dip post the bye, I think we have been one of the stronger posting sides. Personally I feel comfortable posting anywhere, provided I feel I have something to contribute.

brahj: TIA, has your take changed since our first discussion. I know you were very Boys Club-centric around that time, albeit the legalities involved... Ha. Jokes aside, have your opinions changed in such a short time?

This Is Anfield: Feel more comfortable for sure, you get more of a feel for who can take a joke or is worth responding to and who it's best to ignore, and I can now recognise those who don't have much time for me :p, like Joe said, if you feel like you can contribute to a thread, or fire up a thread, then go for it, you can't please everyone. Agree also that the Warriors posting is less Bay 13 now, their presence in the league is accepted and they don't have to force the issue I guess, the last match thread had very little angst, and no tradey it must be said ;). Boy's Club are an irrelevance really and have faded a bit.

BJD: I don't agree with your Bay 13 comment - the blokes recruited from the Bay are among our strongest posters. FR picked the eyes out of the Bay, if the truth be known.

CA: Care to name some of the people that you best ignore or those who don't have much time for you, TIA?

TIA: More that I feel the overt aggression has been toned down, nothing to do with strength of posting at all, in fact I feel that the improvement is quite marked, more humour but that could be because we know you all better as a result of your involvement, no disrespect intended, plus I don't have much to do with Bay 13 so maybe I misinterpreted that a bit, it's hard to pay some people a compliment sometimes! Haha, good on you CA, Wise Guy Sam thinks I'm a poor man's The Half Back and some others I just don't connect with, no problems with that at all, I'm the upstart after all.

brahj: It's weird, that notion of better posting. As a Bear we got subjected to a few weeks of "s**t banter" calls, but I've always felt that we were a pretty enjoyable team, not always Qooty relevant, but according to the mid-season survey, that doesn't seem to rank highly on a majority of poster's lists. To back up a bit, Joe referred to the posting dip post-bye. Would you all agree that maybe that post-bye dip is related to the overall match thread quality going up, or is it impacting in a negative way?

CA: The Bears are my personal favourite non-Hawks team and I always enjoy watching the progression of Warriors match threads. Both teams have an array of excellent posters. Admittedly, we had Atley at the start of the season so you guys weren't the only ones subjected to the "s**t banter" calls. I think that the overall dip is due to people getting burnt out as the season progresses. It may also be due to new recruits trying to impress at the start of the season and then realising midway through that the SFA isn't for them. Another one of my whacky theories is that the bye came at a busy time for uni students. End of August is where you can get an influx of midsems, assignment deadlines and whatnot. If you're anything like me, you don't start taking things seriously until your midsems roll around and then you're pretty much busy for the rest of the semester.

TIA: Agree brahj, I actually enjoy match threads more when they shoot off on non qooty related tangents, the recent Dragons thread was fantastic for that, despite boncer34 's presence!:p
Match threads always have reasonably good numbers with the Furies as we have been well represented and don't take ourselves too seriously, the media side died a bit during the second week of the bye round and has limped along a bit since, I'm in the more activity the better camp.

BJD: I think there is an element of Bigfooty fatigue - once the AFL season winds down I think a drop off is inevitable. Two of our better posters, invinciBlues and candiehappy , have been rarely sighted the past few weeks - and the Warriors have been lesser for it.

brahj: Fair call, Joe. I actually don't stray too far from the SFA Board. I posted for the first time on the main board over the weekend. Perhaps there is a naievety around the timing of the Season assuming that posters will hang around in the AFL off-season? At the Bears we've not really struggled for posters. In fact we have the opposite problem in that there probably aren't enough quality positions for all the quality posters. It must be a nightmare at team selection.

BJD: Your ladder position certainly ratifies this assertion.

brahj: Ha, get effed. I think it actually speaks volumes about how often we lose yet the numbers in which we continue to show up.

BJD: I don't disagree with that, but you are from Nevada.

TIA: Would have thought that those that do spend a lot of time on the main boards would drift back to the SFA during the AFL off season, I know I spend only about 10% of the time I used to on the Richmond board, the SFA is much better for my sanity.

CA: With the off-season, I've found myself spending less time on the main board, WCE board and Bay 13 and spending more time on SFA. The media board is pretty good too especially with the resumption of some good shows.

**Your number one rated Rookie Round Table will return after this quick word from our sponsors**

-----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

brahj: Thanks for coming back... or losing your remote in a really hard to find place. So, are any of you guys in the "boncer is doing a s**t job" camp?

TIA: The shittest.

brahj: Please elaborate, Jugg~I mean TIA.

TIA: He wants to be the shittest imo. He's a stirrer.

BJD: Not really - I think he deliberately tries to be provocative, and hooks a few fish along the way. Perhaps he is an acquired taste?

brahj: I think he does a great job and is also one of the funnier posters on the board. It would kill a lot of the fun in the league if there was a steward who followed every rule to the letter.

CA: I'm with BigJoeD on this one. Boncer deliberately goes out looking for bites, you've just got to learn to ignore it. It also helps buffer his match thread post count if someone does get hooked. It gives him the freedom of spamming pointless one liners. I do have an inkling of respect for the way he does it though.

brahj: Alright one more question... With the season getting toward the serious end you'd have to assume that there will be a few players shifting teams, any predictions gents?

TIA: BigJoeD, brahj and Captain Awkward to the Furies.

BJD: I must admit I'll be a keen onlooker this off season - the voyeur in me is interested in the reasoning behind players moving clubs. I can't see any Warriors leaving the nest, so I will nominate beez to leave Baghdad behind for the greener pastures of Coney Island...

brahj: I think there might be a few Bears on the move this off-season. Citroin is one of those who was unable to get a trade during the trade period, he stated that he was leaving for better positional opportunities at other teams.

CA: Well, you said that the Bears have a few spare players so I'd assume some of them might. We'd be more than happy to take a few off your hands! I want Matera92 Oh and we'll take that brahj guy too. I'm sure that Karny would love that.

brahj: Karny actually keeps calling me late at night, sobbing softly into his phone... It's deeply disturbing. Thanks anyway lads, this has been both enlightening and enjoyable and I think we're better people for it. *hugs*

BJD: Cheers gents, good fun.

CA: I'd hug you back brahj but I'm worried about getting entwined in that ecosystem that you call a beard.

TIA: Bye. Well done Joe and CA.

brahj: Thanks TIA...

Last edited:
Thanking my lucky stars i didnt come through with the S18 crop. Smacks of Hodge, Ball, Judd, GAJ, Swan, Dal Santo, Bartel, Stevie J this years EKA crop

Smacks of Hodge, Ball, Judd, GAJ, Swan, Dal Santo, Bartel, Stevie J this years EKA crop
11837.jpg

I don't know whether this is a compliment or an insult...

So, thank/**** you.
I think it's Karny's subtle way of trying to devalue you. That way, we could trade someone like, say... an Atley for you. Capybara experts don't come cheap these days, you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back