SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Willowj

Rookie
Aug 24, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
G
Just read some of this thread and a few things.

Its good to have confidence but the only thing that goes on is people pumping there own abilities appreciate other players in the competition.

Stacy is a good quick player. Has outside run but also seen him win his fair share of hardball, is explosive and athletic. Quite on field so weird seeing him so vocal.
Gough may be a big boy but he kicked 100+ simple as that positioned himself where the ball was coming
Wilkins is the best player in the comp i feel,you could tell this year he was focused on his coaching over his football but is outstanding.

CPL- I think our midfield is the strongest in the comp, Houritz is a gun, works both ways my eyes he is top two in the comp maybe best this year actually. March also massive for us he kicked 60 this year think 3rd in the league.

Black rock number 3 good player quick outside runner they try get the ball in his hand because he uses it, dont know about 3 tags though, works well the coach number one who wins the ball for the side, i feel as though he is still most important to them. I feel Black Rocks half back is very important to them sets up plenty of play. Number 18 is a solid player i seen some criticism here talks alot but is a leader its what his out there to do protect the younger guys give them some arrogance and drive
Dewar obvious standout up forward for black rock

Chillini from south yarra is a fantastic player the guy kicked 33 goals from the middle in a team that didnt make finals from what i seen is he was there in and under player. I think Cptkirk said the blokes 20!!
They also had a fullback dont know who he is Isherwoods i think but kept alot of key forwards to little tallys gough kicked 2 i seen in a 100+ win.
Also two little blokes had good games for them number 8 on the wing and Finlayson or something tough little bugger with skills and pace.

Small bloke from Hallam is skillful and can be a handful, hallam need him everywhere but extremely lazy. Didnt see many more for Hallam to be honest.

Stana from Ashwood is a powerful player, hot headed but so strong smashes into packs and is so explosive with the ball needs to play in the middle more, rests on half forward a bit to much.

Turbo is obviously a stand out can see by his athleticism, works extreamly hard in and under but also plays outside.
Also feel number one wears a long sleeve is a good player but a bit hot and cold needs to be in the game longer.

Sandown good all round team i feel dont rely as much on individuals but sheedy, toan and Martinicchio . Toan being my standout player.

Sorry cant remember the other games and standouts for Dandey, Endevour

So there my players i have seen. You can all argue how s**t they all are and talk how good you are personally but seriously comp is not fantastic but there are some good players playing.
good summary, a little bit of friendly banter on here is healthy I believe. Nothing sinister.
Agree on your midfield I think lello is a great player also. Seeing as u didn't name him maybe it's you.
Your ruckman is an absolute handful!
At black rock we have a very young list 60% of which have only played 1 or 2 yrs of senior footy. Our 7ft ruckman retired at start of yr which hurt us.
I think it will be a cracking year again next year. The top 5 were very close to each other all year. We came within 10 points of both cpl and mount on 2 occasions. We had mixed results with lyndale and Sandown due to injuries etc
We had some great battles with their midfields and I'm looking fwd to more of the same next year.

Bon Scott

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
G
good summary, a little bit of friendly banter on here is healthy I believe. Nothing sinister.
Agree on your midfield I think lello is a great player also. Seeing as u didn't name him maybe it's you.
Your ruckman is an absolute handful!
At black rock we have a very young list 60% of which have only played 1 or 2 yrs of senior footy. Our 7ft ruckman retired at start of yr which hurt us.
I think it will be a cracking year again next year. The top 5 were very close to each other all year. We came within 10 points of both cpl and mount on 2 occasions. We had mixed results with lyndale and Sandown due to injuries etc
We had some great battles with their midfields and I'm looking fwd to more of the same next year.

Just going off what i can remember sorry about the sandown one. Agree black rock look young like i said impressed with their backline feel as though more help needed up forward though or even more midfielders so there guns can rest up forward maybe create something (eg Richmond), I also feel South Yarra looked very young when we played them with the grey haired bloke and captain who missed second time only real old blokes i can think of and some old ruckman actually played only stints in their. Hallem also looked young but i feel they have a lot further to go, fitness is a must for them pre season!!!

2bithooker

Debutant
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It's an absolute insult to tormey to put read in the same category as him. Read is the first defender iv ever known to be lippy on the field, get absolutely smashed by his opponent, keep speaking utter trash and never go in for a hard ball. He also spoils the ball with an open hand.

Please don't insult the other bloke.

choc_lilly

Debutant
Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's an absolute insult to tormey to put read in the same category as him. Read is the first defender iv ever known to be lippy on the field, get absolutely smashed by his opponent, keep speaking utter trash and never go in for a hard ball. He also spoils the ball with an open hand.

Haha yes, well said Joff. To put him in the same team as Tormey is an insult. He completely embarrassed himself in that prelim, it's not often you get the chance to laugh on the ground but every time he went near the footy I was in tears. He just goes around slapping people? He hit me a few times with and open hand haha like seriously i think there could be something wrong with that bloke. That 50m penalty he gave away when he threw the ball at Jack's face hahahahaha

tigris

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
FTG
AFL Club
Carlton
Any outcome re the Grand Final? Or are they hoping it'll all go away quietly and we'll all mysteriously forget what happened??!!

Supposedly still under investigation. I was thinking about it yesterday, and I can't imagine what the league are really thinking. Regardless the outcome of the investigation, who started what, blah blah, no one cares.

The question is, how does the league proceed with the clubs involved. The league makes about $40-50k per year from each club in the league so they really can't afford to just suspend them when it's really the "first strike" for each club.

Having said that, with neither club getting promoted, it seems likely they play each other next year? Either they do play each other in H&A matches, perhaps the league provides security for those, or they don't play each other, and potentially the first time they meet is in a final. I don't think either of those situations are very good for the league.

And on the other hand, neither club would likely accept a promotion to div 2 without winning a flag to get there. They'd lose all opportunity for success. So I don't really see a positive outcome for the league here. They really shot themselves in the foot by not pressing harder to have the game completed in some form or another. Even 16 a field with all supporters for both teams kicked out and no ceremonies would have yielded a result and a resolution to the above problems.

kraftwerk

Rookie
May 31, 2009
the burbs
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Supposedly still under investigation. I was thinking about it yesterday, and I can't imagine what the league are really thinking. Regardless the outcome of the investigation, who started what, blah blah, no one cares.

The question is, how does the league proceed with the clubs involved. The league makes about $40-50k per year from each club in the league so they really can't afford to just suspend them when it's really the "first strike" for each club.

Having said that, with neither club getting promoted, it seems likely they play each other next year? Either they do play each other in H&A matches, perhaps the league provides security for those, or they don't play each other, and potentially the first time they meet is in a final. I don't think either of those situations are very good for the league.

And on the other hand, neither club would likely accept a promotion to div 2 without winning a flag to get there. They'd lose all opportunity for success. So I don't really see a positive outcome for the league here. They really shot themselves in the foot by not pressing harder to have the game completed in some form or another. Even 16 a field with all supporters for both teams kicked out and no ceremonies would have yielded a result and a resolution to the above problems.

Thanks Tigris, seems remarkable that it's taking so long unless some people they want to talk to are / were away on end-of-season trips. Good point re promotion, especially perhaps from Mt Waverley's perspective, after all those GF losses going up without winning would seem unsatisfactory. And if I recall correctly a few teams knocked back a promotion opportunity a couple of years ago (under different circumstances), with Caulfield eventually accepting the chance. The longer this drags on it looks worse for the league.

Bounceback

All Australian
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks Tigris, seems remarkable that it's taking so long unless some people they want to talk to are / were away on end-of-season trips. Good point re promotion, especially perhaps from Mt Waverley's perspective, after all those GF losses going up without winning would seem unsatisfactory. And if I recall correctly a few teams knocked back a promotion opportunity a couple of years ago (under different circumstances), with Caulfield eventually accepting the chance. The longer this drags on it looks worse for the league.

Not sure if the shame and embarrassment the incident has caused the league could be any worse if they then did not take their time and complete their due diligence properly as one can imagine they will be making it water tight legally and with VFL Vic sign off.

For the league to come out looking good then the Club and/or individual action must be befitting of the situation, so they should take all the time they need as any penalty must show that this type of incident will NEVER occur again in this league. Good luck to all involved.

Woofa6

Senior List
May 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Ready, when going is easily in the leagues top 10. Bloke won games for the dales by himself in previous years when the club was struggling. X factor sorta player just hasn't had a good year

s**t call goughy. Your one of the dirtiest thugs I've played against

Best players I seen this year were
Williams
Stacey
Cellini

Biggest mouth apart from myself has to be spratt

And 5 years running biggest **** goes too..

Woofa6

Senior List
May 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ready, when going is easily in the leagues top 10. Bloke won games for the dales by himself in previous years when the club was struggling. X factor sorta player just hasn't had a good year

s**t call goughy. Your one of the dirtiest thugs I've played against

Best players I seen this year were
Williams
Stacey
Cellini

Biggest mouth apart from myself has to be spratt

And 5 years running biggest **** goes too..
And tormey gunnn

danielhm1

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2008
Keysborough
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Gough deserves it with the year he has had and probably the hardest player to stop this season. Would be a tremendous effort for Williams to get it having missed 5 games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

localfoots

Senior List
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Gough deserves it with the year he has had and probably the hardest player to stop this season. Would be a tremendous effort for Williams to get it having missed 5 games...

Yeah I think Gough. If Williams played every game you would think he would of killed it. Stacey got tagged most games I watched, Barr was the big suprise.

Bounceback

All Australian
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Who wins the League B&F ?

Williams, Stacey, Gough or Barr..??

So have we concluded that these 4 guys have been invited? Only hand out 3 so could be a draw.

If these 4 are it then Im perplexed that Tormey and Mouritz are not there. Then again I reckon Turbo is best going around and he couldn't even win Sandown's B&F.

Hey Turbo, have you committed to Cobras next year???

My B&F Gough, Mouritz, Tormey but if above are it then Gough, Williams and Stacey/Barr draw.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I think Gough. If Williams played every game you would think he would of killed it. Stacey got tagged most games I watched, Barr was the big suprise.

Barr wasn't really a surprise, he was a good ruckman in Div 1. He was in the bests over 10 times in a top 2 team, he's easily the best ruck in the comp along with Beecroft, daylight to the next best, who most in here had as one of the favourites, they probably split the honours against each other this year.

I reckon it could be a Stacey/Barr tie.

danielhm1

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2008
Keysborough
AFL Club
Geelong
So have we concluded that these 4 guys have been invited? Only hand out 3 so could be a draw.

If these 4 are it then Im perplexed that Tormey and Mouritz are not there. Then again I reckon Turbo is best going around and he couldn't even win Sandown's B&F.

My B&F Gough, Mouritz, Tormey but if above are it then Gough, Williams and Stacey/Barr draw.
Yeah I came a very close R/U in our BnF, had I not missed 3 games I think I may have taken the honours.

Big men always poll pretty well and ruck man are always in the umpires sights, so no Suprise with barr their.

In regards to my future... I can tell you that I will NOT be at the cobras next year following the resignation of our coach.

Bounceback

All Australian
Sep 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah I came a very close R/U in our BnF, had I not missed 3 games I think I may have taken the honours.

Big men always poll pretty well and ruck man are always in the umpires sights, so no Suprise with barr their.

In regards to my future... I can tell you that I will NOT be at the cobras next year following the resignation of our coach.

That's what I heard as well and very sad to hear. Hopefully not lost to SFL however I'm sure you can play up in other leagues. All the best.

If anyone on here is going to the awards night could they update us on big footy the winners and the way the presentation of the div 3 premiership award goes. Might be very interesting what said. The chance to have presidents coaches major players and a few sponsors in the room is perfect environment for SFL to lay down the law on this. If someone can keep us updated.

danielhm1

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2008
Keysborough
AFL Club
Geelong
That's what I heard as well and very sad to hear. Hopefully not lost to SFL however I'm sure you can play up in other leagues. All the best.

If anyone on here is going to the awards night could they update us on big footy the winners and the way the presentation of the div 3 premiership award goes. Might be very interesting what said. The chance to have presidents coaches major players and a few sponsors in the room is perfect environment for SFL to lay down the law on this. If someone can keep us updated.
Cheers mate. Still not sure what imy gonna do and have a lot to think about.

In regards to the updates on the night, I can do that.

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

Tipping you may not be the only one, mate...

Nos_4r2

Senior List
Apr 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon

As I mentioned earlier, Gough would of received an invitation as he will be getting the leading goal kicker award on the night. Which is why I think Mark Williams from the Lions got an invite as he was leading goal kicker for the 2nds.

Will be between Williams, Stacey and Barr.

Melways13

Senior List
Mar 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
As I mentioned earlier, Gough would of received an invitation as he will be getting the leading goal kicker award on the night. Which is why I think Mark Williams from the Lions got an invite as he was leading goal kicker for the 2nds.

Will be between Williams, Stacey and Barr.
Did Williams, Stacey and Barr win the BnF for their clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back