Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddyO

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
Get off my lawn.
AFL Club
Richmond
Fairly simple question, but why isn't Henriques getting a crack this series? Seems the logical replacement for Watson if they want to do the two spinner thing.

Is he injured or summit?

Ian Dargie

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Fairly simple question, but why isn't Henriques getting a crack this series? Seems the logical replacement for Watson if they want to do the two spinner thing.

Is he injured or summit?
Marsh and Maxwell are preferred.

PaddyO

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
Get off my lawn.
AFL Club
Richmond
I know Henriques had a good season with the bat last year. Is he a good enough batsman to bat 6 for Aust? Is his technique good? I haven't seen him bat much at all.

Fair enough. Marsh and Maxwell fit CA's marketability needs better than Moises anyhow!
They also fit the winning needs as they're better.

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Marsh is a better bowler and over the last twelve months a better batsman

Not sure about that. Over the past 2 years, Moises stats wise has been excellent with bat and ball. I don't think he's helped himself by doing very little when called up to play for Aus in short forms, though he hasn't had many chances.

Mitch appears to be learning fast and I have hopes of him against spin more than I did before the CLT20. He hardly played a cross bat shot to spin in his last innings unless the ball was very short. No sweeping at all.

But at present, Moises has much better footwork when batting, is accurate when bowling and has built up a bank of experience that Marsh can't match. I would have chosen him before Marsh for this series, even though I'm hoping Mitch does very well of course.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Not sure about that. Over the past 2 years, Moises stats wise has been excellent with bat and ball. I don't think he's helped himself by doing very little when called up to play for Aus in short forms, though he hasn't had many chances.

Mitch appears to be learning fast and I have hopes of him against spin more than I did before the CLT20. He hardly played a cross bat shot to spin in his last innings unless the ball was very short. No sweeping at all.

But at present, Moises has much better footwork when batting, is accurate when bowling and has built up a bank of experience that Marsh can't match. I would have chosen him before Marsh for this series, even though I'm hoping Mitch does very well of course.

Shield cricket isn't the same standard.

Faulkner has a great bowling record at shield level for instance but I'd still consider Coulter-Nile a better bowler

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Shield cricket isn't the same standard.

Faulkner has a great bowling record at shield level for instance but I'd still consider Coulter-Nile a better bowler

We don't know about Coulter-Nile though, not really as he's injured so often. I'm hoping that this season he can string together entire banks of matches without injury.

Shiled cricket isn't the same, but it looks like Mitch's exploits in the A side got him the nod over Henriques and Faulkner. The timing of if and then his batting in the Zim series were spot on.

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maxwell has been in poor form in bash and run. He crowned his efforts last night by dropping a sitter then gifting his wicket. Looks very upset by it all too!

Last edited:

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Serious question - is Big Show a sandwich short of a packed lunch? He does some strange things...

matty p

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mitch Marsh has torn a hammy #chaos

What are the selectors' thoughts if Marsh can't play or at least can't bowl? Will he play as a batsman? Will Maxwell be the all-rounder? Would they play both O'Keefe and Lyon if Maxwell's in the team? I hope it doesn't cost O'Keefe a spot in the XI.

Also, I'd rather have Hazelwood in the test squad instead of Hilfy. I think the selectors have missed a trick there. We could've got some good experience into him.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
What are the selectors' thoughts if Marsh can't play or at least can't bowl? Will he play as a batsman? Will Maxwell be the all-rounder? Would they play both O'Keefe and Lyon if Maxwell's in the team? I hope it doesn't cost O'Keefe a spot in the XI.

Also, I'd rather have Hazelwood in the test squad instead of Hilfy. I think the selectors have missed a trick there. We could've got some good experience into him.
I honestly don't know - but he won't play as a batsman only. If he was out I think Lyon might be in the gun, because they will play O'Keefe.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I don't get it, lets say they turn up on a bunsen where spin will be used basically from ball 1 and they would rather have 3 pacemen+ o keefe and a part time spinner in maxwell instead of 2 frontline pacers and 2 actual spinners one of them being a bloke who took a 7 for the last time he was in asia?

Maxwell well just end up bowling twice the overs the 3rd seamers does as there will likely be zero in it for the quicks, on a slowish pitch that turns later i could get that lineup but the pitches will turn and turn big from day 1 so we need the two frontliners, hell we might need them and the part time spinner maxwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back