Hird to be sacked according to Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a link to the court documents lodged by Hird today? Fairfax reporting that it is seeking an injunction against the SCNs and all further notices that the players could be subjected to. If this is the case how can he claim that ASADA's process can continue at the same time his appeal in play? Is he assuming it will get expedited and it will be all over by mid-November? What happens if it is scheduled for Feb or March next year?

Regards

S. Pete

He's trying to put ASADA over a spit roast.

Choice 1) Proceed with SCN while appeal is open - legal quagmire.

Choice 2) Delay the SCN again, while looking like Hird is expediting the process.

This bloke is an honest to god maniac.

He's trying to put ASADA over a spit roast.

Choice 1) Proceed with SCN while appeal is open - legal quagmire.

Choice 2) Delay the SCN again, while looking like Hird is expediting the process.

This bloke is an honest to god maniac.
How did Hird keep a straight face when he said he wanted the SCN process to proceed when his court action asked for the following order? ...

upload_2014-10-2_15-17-24.png

He just lies, and lies, and lies, and lies, and...

Second time I've seen this posted

Not sure if legit or piss taking
it's legit. He had a holiday planned for as soon as he could I guess, ie after the B&F. Probably booked it 6 months ago.

Haven't heard of email??
good grief, do you really think I was trying to claim it is impossible for a contract to be executed if they want to :oops: Some of you are so high on the scent of blood you've completely lost your sense of humour. It's embarrassing.

"Sort of James Hird’s Statement (written by Titus O'Reily)

Today, in a brave and heroic move, I have lodged an appeal with the Federal Court against the decision of Justice Middleton in Hird v Asada.

I do not do this for me, but for the Essendon players who have said they don’t want me to do this.

Many people are probably wondering ‘why be so selfless James? Why risk your job?”

Well, if I lose my job, I will just have to cop that $1.5 million payout on the chin and walk away with an international business degree and three years of salary despite not working since 2013.

As everyone knows, I’m not the sort to put myself first. I’m a realist who only cares for getting this process stopped on a technicality.

I believe that I am very likely to win this appeal, just as I thought I was likely to win the initial case.

My lawyers have given me firm advice that I should go onpaying them for as long as I possibly can.

I’ve informed Paul Little of my decision and he said some things I won’t repeat here. He suddenly disagrees with the ‘good money after bad’ strategy that we’ve both been pursuing for some time.

While I respect the board’s position, I don’t report to them inthe structure, I’m pretty sure they report to me.

I want to thank all my supporters who have stood by me. I appreciate you picking a side and sticking to it no matter how untenable it is.

If I am sacked today, please remember, this is all part of a massive conspiracy orchestrated by the AFL and the UN. Return to your houses and await further instructions"

I am no "Legal Eagle", and only gave the document a quick flick through, but is there actually any grounds in there for appeal outside of "I didn't like what Middleton said" ??? Sounds like he simply disagrees with the verdict and wants to have a second opinion.
I thought the same thing. Looks like he's bringing up the same arguments and wants a re-trial.

Is there a link to the court documents lodged by Hird today? Fairfax reporting that it is seeking an injunction against the SCNs and all further notices that the players could be subjected to. If this is the case how can he claim that ASADA's process can continue at the same time his appeal in play? Is he assuming it will get expedited and it will be all over by mid-November? What happens if it is scheduled for Feb or March next year?

Regards

S. Pete
Not Hird's problem if ASADA utensil-up and issue notifications which are later ruled unlawful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah no new evidence he is after a second opinion, I'm not a lawyer but would anyone be surprised if the appeal is heard and not dismissed, given the strength of Middleton's argument.

Hird is a goner. Essendon are just waiting a few days to pull the trigger. This way their foamer members and supporters will be able to deal with the killing of Bambi, as it will look more considered than simply sacking him on the spot.

I am no "Legal Eagle", and only gave the document a quick flick through, but is there actually any grounds in there for appeal outside of "I didn't like what Middleton said" ??? Sounds like he simply disagrees with the verdict and wants to have a second opinion.

It is an interesting one.

His most coherent argument seems to be an error of law by the judge in finding that the investigation and its conduct was within the power of ASADA under the act.

Several of his points appear on the face to be disagreements over determinations by the trial judge which amount to determinations of fact though, and I didnt think he could appeal those.

Surely they are just waiting for Bomber to land and accept or reject the job....

personally, i cant see why he would stay, with a $5mil deal on the table at an up and coming club......vs staying at Ess with a list that may or may not be suspended, and may or may not be sued by former coach, and may or may not have players walk for nothing....

who is going to be in a better place in 2 years time?....id say Gold Coast easily

Not Hird's problem if ASADA utensil-up and issue notifications which are later ruled unlawful.
"

I'm not suggesting it is Hird's fault however in his statement he claimed that "The players and ASADA will be able to continue with the show cause process whilst a full court deals with the legality of the investigation." While this is clearly his opinion it simply makes no sense from an operational perspective. He is completely trying to divorce his decision to appeal from the impact than has on the current status of the SCNs.

Regards

S. Pete

Surely they are just waiting for Bomber to land and accept or reject the job....

personally, i cant see why he would stay, with a $5mil deal on the table at an up and coming club......vs staying at Ess with a list that may or may not be suspended, and may or may not be sued by former coach, and may or may not have players walk for nothing....

who is going to be in a better place in 2 years time?....id say Gold Coast easily
Maybe Bomber prefers a challenge, which would means he remains at the dons? Surely he can't give out a speech like he did and take the CG job, or will he?

I'm not suggesting it is Hird's fault however in his statement he claimed that "The players and ASADA will be able to continue with the show cause process whilst a full court deals with the legality of the investigation." While this is clearly his opinion it simply makes no sense from an operational perspective. He is completely trying to divorce his decision to appeal from the impact than has on the current status of the SCNs.

Regards

S. Pete
In fact he requests the court to order precisely the opposite of what he said in his press statement...

83473_6c4430a5112508474b11fe56787bfcc4.png

What an absolute and utter lying prick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back