Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAJ would have a good idea...and some input, one wold hope. IF GAJ said 'Bomber will screw you over EFC, id ay he was right on the money...

Brendon likes beaches. With kids, id say he now likes safe ones......

Last edited:

Melbourne rushed in the face of perceived competition when they appointed Mark Neeld and look how that turned out. I dont want us to rush to snatch Bolton or Dew just because we think Adelaide might get them first, or than someone like Malceski might not come to the club while we're coachless. The harm of being led for the next 2 years by a guy who isn't the right man for the job would ruin this talented list.

Melbourne rushed in the face of perceived competition when they appointed Mark Neeld and look how that turned out. I dont want us to rush to snatch Bolton or Dew just because we think Adelaide might get them first, or than someone like Malceski might not come to the club while we're coachless. The harm of being led for the next 2 years by a guy who isn't the right man for the job would ruin this talented list.
neither can pull the face of Neeld.....lol. But as a basket, we haven't a prayer.....

Bolton has a modern education in teaching to learn as against teaching everything a different way. There is a big difference. Its modern, he is schooled in it well as his is in NLP amongst other things.

He is obviously well respected by the strongest coaching staff of any club in the comp. He was chosen and did a perfect job for the Hawks when he was asked to step up in favour of other coaches the Hawks had available to them when Clarko went down. (was Ratten one of them?) That speaks volumes of their belief in him. They brought him from 'obscurity' in lower grades because they saw something in him. So much so he was given the gig over more experienced, winning AFL coaches instead. He came through with an 100% record. No other coach has ever achieved that. 5 wins in their 1st 5 outings. The Hawks made the correct choice as their second coach instead of Clarko...Brendon Bolton.

Mental conditioning is Boltons talent. That's the reason the Hawks put Bolton in the hot seat while the Hawks waited, not knowing how long Clarko would be out. They knew if anyone could keep the team mentally focussed it would be Bolton. They were right, he did, They won every game, he won his slice of history, he stood beside Clark and held the trophy on GF day. What more endorsement do some people need? The Hawks don't. They know his talents.

I like his demeanour in front of camera and how he explains things. When He talks, you listen; not just me obviously, it is a trait. The same sort of trait that got Gus Gould the gig as a young coach for Penrith and took then to winning grand finals. He then became the foremost mouthpiece in NRL commentary wit hthe way he spoke and came across. that is something that is extremely important. He is paul Roos like in that respect. You can see it on 360. Paul Roos you could listen to all day, whereas Bomber is a bit scratchy. Bolton is much more linguisticly adept than Bomber Thompson, regardless of Bombers winning history.

I would not have any qualms about giving him the coaching gig, as our list is now more mature when the untried Bluey began. They all begin somewhere, and the SUNS list is a list that a above average coach should do very well with.

I don't think Boltons age is a detriment, in fact I think its an advantage over Bombers. The boys will relate to him as they are still learners, he is a modern teacher, teaching a modern game with new ideas. Bomber is old school, a lot to fall back on, but the history he falls back on, some of it no longer applies. Bolton is still young, and he talks their language.

Wherever Bolton goes, I know he will do well. I wont be looking forward to playing against any side he coaches.

Edit. One last thing, I feel Essendon underachieved to what they promised earlier in the season. Now there may be a lot of reasons for this, certainly 90% of them mental. Mental conditioning is Boltons talent. That's the reason the Hawks put Bolton in the hot seat while the Hawks waited, not knowing how long Clarko would be out. Bomber had a similar challenge at Essendon. They lost their coach through difficult circumstances. He had a job to do to get his team back on track mentally. He did an inconsistent job albeit in difficult circumstances. But that is the job. Psychology.

To be honest tiges, I could've coached Hawthorn from the pub during those 5 games.
I do like your passion though.
I agree. Using the example of those 5 gaves doesn't give him much credibility, especially now that Hawthorn are the 2014 premiers.

However, close to every senior coach at the moment has been an assistant at some point in their career, and I do believe that Bolton has the skills needed to become a successful senior coach with or without his 5 wins as caretaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no chance he will coach us. The club has made it very clear they want a experienced premiership winning coach

This is genuinely not an 'I told you so' post, but I love hearing opinions of other fans. You two were the most 'vocal' (for a lack of a better word) supporters of Bluey, and I'd love to hear what you blokes think of the whole coaching situation now. No doubt upset/annoyed that Guy was dumped, but I'd love to hear what your thoughts are!
I've deliberately sat on this post for a day or two, The last thing I wanted to do was say something that I'd regret later and as much as we all argue we're all in this together. And I'm sure behind the usernames you lot are all good blokes.

That said I'm absolutely gutted that Bluey is going, I really truly bought into my own gospel that he was the chosen one. But that's not the case and now we are living in the darkest timeline.

And because of that, This will more likely be my first and only post on the subject, If someone could wake me when this saga is over and we're back to footy that would be grand.

Until then I plan on working at night, sleeping during the day, playing lasertag and watching Baltimore Ravens football.

Thank you and goodnight.

PS. - Who'd I'd like for Suns Coach (Excluding McKenna of course)
Bomber
Sando
Bolton
Everyone else

Feet
Of
s**t

Voss

I've deliberately sat on this post for a day or two, The last thing I wanted to do was say something that I'd regret later and as much as we all argue we're all in this together. And I'm sure behind the usernames you lot are all good blokes.

That said I'm absolutely gutted that Bluey is going, I really truly bought into my own gospel that he was the chosen one. But that's not the case and now we are living in the darkest timeline.

And because of that, This will more likely be my first and only post on the subject, If someone could wake me when this saga is over and we're back to footy that would be grand.

Until then I plan on working at night, sleeping during the day, playing lasertag and watching Baltimore Ravens football.

Thank you and goodnight.

PS. - Who'd I'd like for Suns Coach (Excluding McKenna of course)
Bomber
Sando
Bolton
Everyone else

Feet
Of
s**t

Voss
I agree this is all quite annoying. But on the other hand it's all so interesting and it's good to see the Victorian media talking about the Suns for once.

I agree this is all quite annoying. But on the other hand it's all so interesting and it's good to see the Victorian media talking about the Suns for once.
If this is what it takes for us to be in the national spotlight I'd rather us stay anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back