Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Impey a 15-22 player if so is he worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder he is obviously not worth a 1st rounder!

Lol, less than 12 months ago The Imp was drafted with pick 21. Since that time he has played significant AFL time for a team that just finished playing in a prelim.

Definitely not worth a 1st rounder, lmfao.

Yeah good choice but realistically the worst 7 of 22 would be

Jonas
Hombsch
White
Neade
Moore
Oshea
Pittard

Making any of these equivelant to a 2nd or 3rd rounder I didnt realise Impey wasnt good enough to make the team

ok i retract the above statement you obviously have no idea of our list. Hombsch and Jonas are probably close to top 10 players.

Yeah good choice but realistically the worst 7 of 22 would be

Jonas
Hombsch
White
Neade
Moore
Oshea
Pittard

Making any of these equivelant to a 2nd or 3rd rounder I didnt realise Impey wasnt good enough to make the team

You obviously know nothing about our team.
Edit: Dam FL, you are qwik

Last edited:

Wow I have no idea!!!!! Broadbent was rated in sheehans top 30 players in the AFL that says a lot about your response
So Sheehan's top players is the be all and end all?

So Sheehan's top players is the be all and end all?

We are talking someone who knows footy its fair to say, yet you pick him in your bottom 7, he picked him in the best 50 players in the AFL, I dont agree with that but he is with no doubt better than homsbch, Jonas and Pittard, but besides that looking at the names Oshea ,Neade, Moore and Impey (although not in your best 22) seem the best options so its fair for all concerned if you feel they are the 3 of the worst in your 22 and Impey. I would be looking at those 4 to trade if as all parties keep saying it needs to be a fair trade!

Why does that affect Ryder? Completely separate deals.

At the end of the day, Port Adelaide are getting a player that could very likely be the difference to them winning a premiership. ...
If he is allowed to train during the pre season and then ... actually play any games at all next year.
All of this is up in the air at the moment and no matter what he will count towards our TPP.
The most talked about scenario is that he will completely miss pre season training plus a few games early in the season. If that is the case what will his output be like with no pre season?

Whoever Essendon will draft with pick 16 will be doing a full pre season plus if good enough, play every single game.

We are talking someone who knows footy its fair to say, yet you pick him in your bottom 7, he picked him in the best 50 players in the AFL, I dont agree with that but he is with no doubt better than homsbch, Jonas and Pittard, but besides that looking at the names Oshea ,Neade, Moore and Impey (although not in your best 22) seem the best options so its fair for all concerned if you feel they are the 3 of the worst in your 22 and Impey. I would be looking at those 4 to trade if as all parties keep saying it needs to be a fair trade!

Marty36, you're failing to take into account that Impey has only one season behind him, and was specifically drafted to fill a hole. Players take time to develop and lock down a first 22 spot.

Why fill a hole (our ruck division) only to create another, we only recently fixed?

of the players that played in the prelim

Cornes, O'Shea, Neade, White, Monfries, Moore, Broadbent
Agree with Hombsch and Jonas being top 10 or close to it, but not with the above list. :eek:

Marty36, you're failing to take into account that Impey has only one season behind him, and was specifically drafted to fill a hole. Players take time to develop and lock down a first 22 spot.

Why fill a hole (our ruck division) only to create another, we only recently fixed?
Impey will end up similar to Stiffy but with a bigger tank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trying to suggest something that is fair to all, as that is all we have heard from both camps and Ryder that it needs to be fair for all concerned. The bottom 3 players in your best 22 and a player that cant make your best 22. I agree players like Hartlett and co is a joke talking about and not worth debating but the 4 players suggested certainly seem worth discussing and fair for both teams!

Just trying to suggest something that is fair to all, as that is all we have heard from both camps and Ryder that it needs to be fair for all concerned. The bottom 3 players in your best 22 and a player that cant make your best 22. I agree players like Hartlett and co is a joke talking about and not worth debating but the 4 players suggested certainly seem worth discussing and fair for both teams!
I would normally agree with you but this is such a unique situation with the ASADA stuff in the background.

Port hold all the cards here. We can offer something that we think is reasonable. Ryder wants out and he has made that abundantly clear and Port is his only destination. If Essendon refuse to come to the table, I am convinced that he will use the get out clause as his time at Essendon is finished.

16+35 is a fair deal. Take it or leave it. They are not going to get any of our bottom 7 from our finals 22. No player would be interested in going to Essendon with all the stuff that is happening there.

I would normally agree with you but this is such a unique situation with the ASADA stuff in the background.

Port hold all the cards here. We can offer something that we think is reasonable. Ryder wants out and he has made that abundantly clear and Port is his only destination. If Essendon refuse to come to the table, I am convinced that he will use the get out clause as his time at Essendon is finished.

16+35 is a fair deal. Take it or leave it. They are not going to get any of our bottom 7 from our finals 22. No player would be interested in going to Essendon with all the stuff that is happening there.

Asada is interesting, if you think there is an issue you wouldn't trade for him at all!

As for Port being the only destination, he originally said he wanted QLD for family reasons so I would say both GC and Lions would still be destinations just not preferred unless he was telling lies about wanting to go home.

As for bottom 7, as Essendon Supporters are being unreasonable wanting Ports top 10's Port supporters are being unreasonable not giving bottom 7's.

A fair deal must be reached and there will be a little hurt towards both teams

As for some clause, too many unknowns, say Hird wins his battles and that will be ongoing, what then have Essendon done wrong, there would be no clause to speak of.

Asada is interesting, if you think there is an issue you wouldn't trade for him at all!

As for Port being the only destination, he originally said he wanted QLD for family reasons so I would say both GC and Lions would still be destinations just not preferred unless he was telling lies about wanting to go home.

As for bottom 7, as Essendon Supporters are being unreasonable wanting Ports top 10's Port supporters are being unreasonable not giving bottom 7's.

As for some clause, too many unknowns, say Hird wins his battles and that will be ongoing, what then have Essendon done wrong, there would be no clause to speak of.
His manager has said that Port is the only destination. He could get more dollars elsewhere but he only wants to play for Port .

I respect your good intentions, Marty. However...

This burden of 'hurt' should not be shared 50-50. To be honest, I don't see why PAFC needs to burden any of it.

Essendon's lack of leverage isn't the result of any action of the Port Adelaide Football Club. It the result of EFC's own actions over the last few years and Ryder stating he wants out of the city of Melbourne, and that he is only keen on being trading to one particular club.

It's not a case of me not wanting a 'fair' trade to occur. I just take exception to it being expected. Let alone, expected from a club that has done nothing but selfishly look after their own interests, for the last 24 months.

What's good for the goose, is good for the....

I respect your good intentions, Marty. However...

This burden of 'hurt' should not be shared 50-50. To be honest, I don't see why PAFC needs to burden any of it.

Essendon's lack of leverage isn't the result of any action of the Port Adelaide Football Club. It the result of EFC's own actions over the last few years and Ryder stating he wants out of the city of Melbourne, and that he is only keen on being trading to one particular club.

It's not a case of me not wanting a 'fair' trade to occur. I just take exception to it being expected. Let alone, expected from a club that has done nothing but selfishly look after their own interests, for the last 24 months.

Whats good for the goose, is good for the....

And if Hird fights these ALLEGATIONS and wins?

Hes contracted so how dont we have leverage? not saying we do but its pretty even.

He wants to leave vs hes contracted. At the end of the day the bombers can keep him, we dont know what the clause exactly is?

And if ti were to go to court it wouldnt be decided of the outcome before the trade period is finalised. So he may either play 2 years of footy in the 2nds or play with the red and black.

The bombers however will like Collingwood with Beams will try and help with his wishes to get to a club for differing reasons. However like Collingwood it must come at the right cost for that move to happen.

It was stated by his manager who usually likes to favour his customers (players) with moving and has even stated that pick 16 alone wont be enough. Another something will be added.

The bombers would love Impey however i dont see that happening as he is a non negotiable to leave for the power.

Port may well have to look elsewhere to get something the bombers like, another pick in the 15-25 range.

Last edited:

What relevancy does that statement have? Marty, you can only trade using your current level of leverage and market influence. That's just how it works.

Unless you have confused my issue of leverage, with Ryder's value?

You need to remember that, this isn't just an issue of Ryder's value (whether ASADA affect or not), but whether or not EFC has the leverage that can influence/maintain this value, and subsequently aid the club in receiving it.

Hes contracted so how dont we have leverage? not saying we do but its pretty even

In principle you do. But is EFC seriously going to make Ryder fulfill his contractual obligations, and subsequently keep a player on its list who wants out? I don't see how that is of any benefit to EFC. Sure, it would show that the club is willing to make a stand, however it would be the hollowest of victories.

And anyway, that's not the sort of leverage that can force PAFC's hand. As, I dare say, Port would call Essendon's bluff on that one.

This is essendons only hope of getting a better deal.
Round 1 and 2 pick or round 1 and Tom Sheridan who I know the bombers covet. He would be a great foil for pavlich and sandilands.
I still think power are in the box seat.

If Freo miss out on Frawley, which sounds like we have, I wouldn't be surprised if we make an eleventh hour bid.

Assuming ASADA are correct, and Middleton as an independent and appraised third party seemed to think so, the data will be recollected and it'll all be right back where it is now. So basically nothing will happen from the POV of this whole situation, even if Hird wins.

qld is not his home. is noted that his partner has family there.

he never said he wanted to go home.

when news started to come out about ryder looking to leave essendon bris were named as frontrunners by the media as his partner had family there.

never said he was leaving essendon to go home. never said he was going to brisbane. never lied about anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back