Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dallas Stars - My lady is from Dallas so it was an easy choice! Close friends of ours are from Montreal and they are crazy Habs fans so I also have a soft spot for them also. I own more Habs things then Stars to be honest! :eek: Fav - Jamie Benn! Nichushkin also excites me.

Bruins, Chara, Lucic, Marchand and Bergeron..Hoping they can keep their form from the passed two seasons and stay a threat
Chara, Lucic, Marchand.......you just want to be hated don't you...

Way back in 2001 when i was still living with my folks in the country, they decided to get Austar (now taken over by Foxtel).
I was flicking through the channels and came across an NHL game. It just happened to be the Stanley Cup Game 7 decider.
I was very curious about it and decided to chose a team to back. Devils seemed much cooler than the Avalanche, so i went with them.
Was a disappointing result, but ever since that day i've been a fan of the NJ Devils. I've been able to follow a lot closer in more recent years as i've been able to get better internet and subscribe to NHL Gamecenter and watch games in better quality.

Fav players: Ilya Kovalchuk :mad:, Adam Henrique, Reid Boucher (Fingers crossed he becomes a big name)

I have been following the NHL since the 1980s. My favourite teams early on were the Edmonton Oilers and the Quebec Nordiques and my favourite player was The Great One.

As my interest in the NHL increased I started following teams because of particular players, thus became a fan of the Canadiens de Montréal due to Patrick Roy, the Toronto Maple Leafs with Doug Gilmour, Felix Potvin and Dave Andreychuk, the New York Rangers with ex Oiler Mark Messier and the Anaheim Ducks with Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne.

I was in Toronto in 1993 when the Leafs were playing the hated Detroit Red Wings in the playoffs and got to experience the passion of hockey fans 1st hand, and while a keep an interest in the fortunes of the other teams, I have become a tortured fan of the Maple Leafs.

Pens and Flyers fans usually share that sentiment towards one another. As mod of the forum, I'll say welcome on board. As a pens fan, go f*** yourself. But seriously, welcome.

Feel free to give as good as you get.

I'm surprised you're comfortable talking to these sub-humans.

Welcome SydneyPhilly

Pens and Flyers fans usually share that sentiment towards one another. As mod of the forum, I'll say welcome on board. As a pens fan, go f*** yourself. But seriously, welcome.

Feel free to give as good as you get.

Oh I'm well aware of the rivalry.

I'm surprised you're comfortable talking to these sub-humans.

Welcome SydneyPhilly

Sub-Humans? Like Sid the diving Submarine, right?

Oh I'm well aware of the rivalry.

Sub-Humans? Like Sid the diving Submarine, right?

I'm not aware of such a player. I do know of Sid "best player in the world" Crosby though. I saw him live the other night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pens and sometimes Avs - Hornqvist, Crosby, Duchene, Varlamov aaaaaand Tomas Hertl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back