Tullamarine
Taylors Lakes
Westmeadows
Glenroy
Oak Park
Hillside
Craigieburn
East Keilor

Now that the 2014 season is now finished, maybe it's time to start talking about season 2015.

Early favourites for Premiership?
How will EDS and East Keilor go in Division 1?
Top 4 finish?

allsteezy

Draftee
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't see many of EDS games this year but heard those Sunbury boys under performed massively while being payed the big $$ to try get them into the finals. Clarke was great for them but shame about the other 3

Goodluck to Sleight and woodend

the big dog 23

Debutant
Nov 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn't see many of EDS games this year but heard those Sunbury boys under performed massively while being payed the big $$ to try get them into the finals. Clarke was great for them but shame about the other 3

Goodluck to Sleight and woodend

Love your courage, you've trolled through a couple of different leagues threads to bag the sunbury boys that were basically forced out of the club, based on there cv's they were paid well, but no more or less than many of the guys in the edfl..they are all closer to the end of there careers than the start, but I take my hat of too them for having a crack in a tough league when they could have got paid more money to play in lesser leagues and be big fish in a small pond...

bangfrom50

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Carlton
Love your courage, you've trolled through a couple of different leagues threads to bag the sunbury boys that were basically forced out of the club, based on there cv's they were paid well, but no more or less than many of the guys in the edfl..they are all closer to the end of there careers than the start, but I take my hat of too them for having a crack in a tough league when they could have got paid more money to play in lesser leagues and be big fish in a small pond...
You take your hat off the blokes getting over $1000 a game who were not up to the standard and struggled to get a kick? I'm not having a go at the individuals, but the fact is at the start of the year everyone knew they were available, some clubs put their hat in for their services, the more astute clubs refused to go anywhere near them and as it turns out were vindicated. Those players can now leave the EDFL with their tails between their legs knowing they just weren't up to it. Clarke was servicable at best, just because he was the best of a bad bunch don't try and make out he was any good. As for knocking back more $$$ to play in a lesser comp, that's just not true and if they had any decency would've approached the Club half way through the season and off their own bat, offered to drop their match payments

Scoopar

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2006
Long Way from Arden St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hearts of Midlothian, GB Packers.
$1000 per game? That is ridiculous. There is not a single player in the Essendon District League worth $1000 per game. Any club paying that sort of money have rocks in their head. Especially a team on the bottom.

No-one pays to get in during the home & away for a reason - the quality of football is not good enough to warrant an entrance fee. If people had to start paying to see a local EDFL game, the crowds (which aren't that great anyway) would be made up of families & diehard club people.

The EDFL is a grossly over rated competition in terms of what clubs are forking out to win a flag.

FootyRUs

Senior List
Oct 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Division 1 clubs:
Essendon Doutta Stars
Tullamarine
Taylors Lakes
Westmeadows
Glenroy
Oak Park
Hillside
Craigieburn
East Keilor

Now that the 2014 season is now finished, maybe it's time to start talking about season 2015.

Early favourites for Premiership?
How will EDS and East Keilor go in Division 1?
Top 4 finish?

Have been told that EDS have lost a lot of players which happens when a club get relegated and you have players from outside the club. Positive you would think is the appointment of Dean Wallis as coach. It will be interesting to see or hear what their budget will be - have to be less than what they reportedly paid this year?

What happens to Tulla with no Ash? Is their ageing list up to another GF tilt? Burns leaving Taylors Lakes is a massive change as well after being 6 or 7 years there. What can he bring to the youthful Hillside list?

From what I saw in the Div 2 GF I would suggest EK would need to add 4-5 players to their list to be competitive in Div 1.

Not really going out on a limb but I'd select any of Tulla, EDS, Westy, Taylors, Oakers and Glenroy should be thereabouts in the top 4.

allsteezy

Draftee
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Could a team with 100k budget be competitive in div 1? How far would it get you?

If you have the right people involved in football operations and recruiting and you have a strong junior list 100k can you get a fair way
Junior list is probably the most important thing in regards to players coming from u18 through to seniors

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Will be another interesting year in Div 1, like this season won't be any easy games. East Keilor are a strong club who will be expecting more than to just make up numbers and will hope to push for a finals spot.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Could a team with 100k budget be competitive in div 1? How far would it get you?

$100k is still an average of $250 a game per player, As long as you had a good junior setup I doubt you would need to pay much more than that, I really doubt West Coburgs budget excluding paying Morrell would have been much more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Col Laurie, if your looking for targets probably not worth wasting your breath as he is as loyal as they come.

ItsAllAboutMe

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone else worth chasing?
Depending on what standard, someone like Steve Vernon is still a solid player but getting quite old and slow now, Travis Dulic doesn't play as a genuine full back, but more a floating back who uses the ball exceptionally and if I was targeting 1 player from EDFL div 1 to play at a higher level it would probably be Dulic.

onthewagon2013

Debutant
Aug 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Depending on what standard, someone like Steve Vernon is still a solid player but getting quite old and slow now, Travis Dulic doesn't play as a genuine full back, but more a floating back who uses the ball exceptionally and if I was targeting 1 player from EDFL div 1 to play at a higher level it would probably be Dulic.

I'm looking for a wrfl club

4loveofthegame

Debutant
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have been told that EDS have lost a lot of players which happens when a club get relegated and you have players from outside the club. Positive you would think is the appointment of Dean Wallis as coach. It will be interesting to see or hear what their budget will be - have to be less than what they reportedly paid this year?

What happens to Tulla with no Ash? Is their ageing list up to another GF tilt? Burns leaving Taylors Lakes is a massive change as well after being 6 or 7 years there. What can he bring to the youthful Hillside list?

From what I saw in the Div 2 GF I would suggest EK would need to add 4-5 players to their list to be competitive in Div 1.

Not really going out on a limb but I'd select any of Tulla, EDS, Westy, Taylors, Oakers and Glenroy should be thereabouts in the top 4.

Could be some massive losses from Glenroy including kite to move up the highway to play in rdfl

heyyeah

Debutant
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Lets just hope that they dont go down the trail of past coaches and get all these blow ins and forget about tbe talent thats at hand at the burners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back