Social Off Topic Thread - House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that photo of, CatMarie? ie. what plant?
I took some photos of a flower to ask Shai about a couple of weeks ago but then downloaded then onto my computer and forgot to post them... Might get on the 'puter later and find them.

Last night I found a tea that I'd bought at a local market several months ago- rooibos, raspberry and vanilla... Mmmmmmmm!
That photo Tc is the rosella bush flower that the tea is made of Beautiful colour and the eta is like that TAstes a bit like cranberries, / plums /. Just right for me but someone else might like to add a bit of sugar or honey I had 2 cups , so it is a winner with me . There are half a dozen in the place near me ( a servo ) and will try them all during the week I tried a small amount of vanilla in my rooibos tea, but prefer it with a little milk

That photo Tc is the rosella bush flower that the tea is made of Beautiful colour and the eta is like that TAstes a bit like cranberries, / plums /. Just right for me but someone else might like to add a bit of sugar or honey I had 2 cups , so it is a winner with me . There are half a dozen in the place near me ( a servo ) and will try them all during the week I tried a small amount of vanilla in my rooibos tea, but prefer it with a little milk
Thanks for the tip :) I'll check that rosella tea out- where can I buy it? Woolies, etc. or specialty tea shops? If I don't like it, my daughter will use it.
I also put a little milk in my rooibos but can manage to drink it black (red?) as well as it's very light. Makes a lovely iced tea, as well, if you're planning afternoon tea during the warmer months.

Thanks for the tip :) I'll check that rosella tea out- where can I buy it? Woolies, etc. or specialty tea shops? If I don't like it, my daughter will use it.
I also put a little milk in my rooibos but can manage to drink it black (red?) as well as it's very light. Makes a lovely iced tea, as well, if you're planning afternoon tea during the warmer months.
I drink the rooibos red/black :) too The rosella tea, I have at my local petrol station LOL Called Indigiearth brand They do others. Will look in Woolies and Coles in a day or so when I go and let you know
will also look in the local tshops

I drink the rooibos red/black :) too The rosella tea, I have at my local petrol station LOL Called Indigiearth brand They do others. Will look in Woolies and Coles in a day or so when I go and let you know
will also look in the local tshops
One thing I find very tart- well two things, really- in tea, are hibiscus flowers and rosehips. I can drink them but they leave a bitter taste.

I haven't seen Indigiearth that I know of- will google it to see if there are any WA outlets.
Hmm- based in Mudgee, NSW, distrupibuted by BP. Will drive in to my local some time and look for it ;)
Thanks!!

Edit. :( Says regional BP outlets....

One thing I find very tart- well two things, really- in tea, are hibiscus flowers and rosehips. I can drink them but they leave a bitter taste.

I haven't seen Indigiearth that I know of- will google it to see if there are any WA outlets.
Hmm- based in Mudgee, NSW, distrupibuted by BP. Will drive in to my local some time and look for it ;)
Thanks!!

Teri, the rosella is a member of the Hibiscus family. It is not bitter, The most beautiful colour and reminded me of cranberries. So not bitter, but definitely not sweet

Teri, the rosella is a member of the Hibiscus family. It is not bitter, The most beautiful colour and reminded me of cranberries. So not bitter, but definitely not sweet
I learn something every day!! Those flowers didn't look like hisiscus- the leaves looked acicular, like tea leaves, too. Just googled it- yes, I can see it now :oops:

Thanks!!

Definition please, sounds painful.. :p

images
:p:p

Hmmm at the mere mention of a conspiracy theory, my eyes glaze over, my brain refuses to kick into gear and my mind thinks 'Oh, here we go again!'.
Surely you are fascinated by the
"Poisonous Government Snow
Georgia isn't good at snow. Two inches fell in Atlanta last month and, amidst car crashes and television parodies, snow skepticism was born. Georgians bravely took to YouTube, determined to demonstrate that neither matches nor lighters nor blowtorches (a disproportionate number of Georgians seem to own blowtorches) could melt that strange, white stuff that the government insisted was just frozen water. On film, the snow blackens, twists like plastic, and stubbornly refuses to melt.

Although entire Web pages are dedicated to debunking the chemical snow theory, the simplest way to deal with snow skeptics is to put the stuff in a microwave or on the stove. Spoiler: It melts. The blackened snow was caused by soot from the lighter, because butane burns inefficiently, and as snow turns into slush under a blowtorch, it only appears not to melt. Bad Astronomy blogger Phil Plait explains how the snow is, in fact, slowly melting.

The entire episode, however, brings up a good question: Who was the first Georgian to decide to burn the snow, just to see what would happen?

??? ???

Georgia isn't good at snow. Two inches fell in Atlanta last month and, amidst car crashes and television parodies, snow skepticism was born. Georgians bravely took to YouTube, determined to demonstrate that neither matches nor lighters nor blowtorches (a disproportionate number of Georgians seem to own blowtorches) could melt that strange, white stuff that the government insisted was just frozen water. On film, the snow blackens, twists like plastic, and stubbornly refuses to melt.

Although entire Web pages are dedicated to debunking the chemical snow theory, the simplest way to deal with snow skeptics is to put the stuff in a microwave or on the stove. Spoiler: It melts. The blackened snow was caused by soot from the lighter, because butane burns inefficiently, and as snow turns into slush under a blowtorch, it only appears not to melt. Bad Astronomy blogger Phil Plait explains how the snow is, in fact, slowly melting.

The entire episode, however, brings up a good question: Who was the first Georgian to decide to burn the snow, just to see what would happen?

??? ???
Nah- just glad they live over there :) We have enough nutjobs of our own over here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

??? ???
Tom Harley has joined the Swans as GM Footy Ops. At least we don't have to listen to his awful commentary. Good luck with that Kitty, I'm not sure how I feel about him now.

hahahaha!! :D

You can have my pool man. I won't be needing him when we move....
I'm sure he'd just love to fly from Perth to Sydney, then up the Coast to clean my pool lolz I think I need to interview a few + see how I go! ;)

Wow what a surprise, get a text at 5pm, they're not coming. They have "re scheduled" us for Sat the 4th of October.

The god dam ****ing cheek- I'm am officially done re. the waiting around at home for them duties, they can go root themselves with a particularly large oversized dildo.

Mother ****ers. :rolleyes:

That reminds me I think I have a quango meeting this week.
Now you are just showing orrrfff!!!

Is your quango meeting kind of like a qabalah? Or is it some other kind of quackery, where you get to quaff a Queerwig or two, for some quick thrills? ;) Be careful of the quantities your quaff!

Have I gone too far? :oops:

you're (e)quivocating....
but that's a quirk of yours :) as is your quietism.

(I don't want to quash your natural tendencies- or make you quiver or quaver)... hmmm..perhaps that's my quota for today!
Are we branching out? If we can use words quontaining 'q' this will be even more fun! Does it need quantifying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back