Robinson to be paid out.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know who is paying all this money and how much is being footed by the average AFL fan. Of course the AFL will never make that information public - but they should for purposes of transparency. There's a lot of wasted money being blown on things like this, the entire ASADA case, sacked coaches etc - and clubs earning too much money are the culprit? Give me a break. Time to scap the 10 million dollar ceiling and let clubs drown in their own foolishness.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the AFL were underwriting Essendogs debts.

Something bugging me for a little while in all of this... so here goes.

There was an interesting bit in Robinson's "Black Op's" interview with Darcy. I quote;

"They put a scenario to Stephen," Mr Robinson said. "Steve said to Danny and James, specifically to them, 'What you are asking me to do is black ops'."

Just what that scenario was is the crucial thing I reckon they are keen to avoid becoming public. Why wasn't this 'scenario' actually detailed in the interview? Is it too litigious an allegation to air?

When you consider the definition of Black Op's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_operation A black operation or black op is a covert operation by a government, a government agency, or a military organization. This can include activities by private companies or groups. Key features of a black operation are that it is clandestine, it has negative overtones, and it is not attributable to the organization carrying it out.[1] The main difference between a black operation and one that is merely clandestine is that a black operation involves a significant degree of deception, to conceal who is behind it or to make it appear that some other entity is responsible."

Note that this includes deniability of responsibility and it indicates that Robinson is suggesting Hird and Corcoran were asking Dank to do something that would include plausible deniability for Hird and Corcoran.

How would you go about this? You don't want the players to know about it so if they're caught they can deny honestly that they took anything illegal so I would think you'd have to make sure that the players believed that everything was above board and in effect be deceiving them about the contents of what they were given. Eg Bottles labelled one thing but actually having another inside. Consent forms that were a little foggy about specifically what is was they were taking despite these fellows apparently being experts in the field.

So you'd have to get unlabelled bottles made up and have false labels applied. Not to hard with a printer really and we know that Alavi says he supplied unlabelled bottles. The photo of Thymomodulin apparently found in the fridge had a label that didn't appear legit. As an aside, some interesting terminology has reappeared throughout this specifically regarding "Good" V's "bad" Thymosin...eg "Don't forget to bring the "Good" stuff. Good could be construed as "Actually Works" Eg bring the stuff that actually works.

You'd also need a way to pay for it without it being exposed.... eg "We have all the financials ready". I get the feeling that the invoice that turned up was a screw up pure and simple and was sent to the wrong party eg Essendon and possibly should have gone elsewhere. Have ASaDA got all the other invoices from Alavi? Is this the smoking gun?

So the question is when referring to Robinson's claim, Did they ask Dank to deliberately deceive the players by injecting them with the "Good Stuff" whilst telling them it was all benign?

Essendons denial, describing Mr Robinson's claim as nonsense and slanderous, said "Contrary to reports, James Hird and Danny Corcoran never said the program should be run as a 'black op'," an Essendon spokesman said.

But Robinson never said they said that, he stated Dank asked that. Nice dodge really.

There was an interesting bit in Robinson's "Black Op's" interview with Darcy. I quote;

"They put a scenario to Stephen," Mr Robinson said. "Steve said to Danny and James, specifically to them, 'What you are asking me to do is black ops'."

Just what that scenario was is the crucial thing I reckon they are keen to avoid becoming public. Why wasn't this 'scenario' actually detailed in the interview? Is it too litigious an allegation to air?

When you consider the definition of Black Op's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_operation A black operation or black op is a covert operation by a government, a government agency, or a military organization. This can include activities by private companies or groups. Key features of a black operation are that it is clandestine, it has negative overtones, and it is not attributable to the organization carrying it out.[1] The main difference between a black operation and one that is merely clandestine is that a black operation involves a significant degree of deception, to conceal who is behind it or to make it appear that some other entity is responsible."

Note that this includes deniability of responsibility and it indicates that Robinson is suggesting Hird and Corcoran were asking Dank to do something that would include plausible deniability for Hird and Corcoran.

How would you go about this? You don't want the players to know about it so if they're caught they can deny honestly that they took anything illegal so I would think you'd have to make sure that the players believed that everything was above board and in effect be deceiving them about the contents of what they were given. Eg Bottles labelled one thing but actually having another inside. Consent forms that were a little foggy about specifically what is was they were taking despite these fellows apparently being experts in the field.

So you'd have to get unlabelled bottles made up and have false labels applied. Not to hard with a printer really and we know that Alavi says he supplied unlabelled bottles. The photo of Thymomodulin apparently found in the fridge had a label that didn't appear legit. As an aside, some interesting terminology has reappeared throughout this specifically regarding "Good" V's "bad" Thymosin...eg "Don't forget to bring the "Good" stuff. Good could be construed as "Actually Works" Eg bring the stuff that actually works.

You'd also need a way to pay for it without it being exposed.... eg "We have all the financials ready". I get the feeling that the invoice that turned up was a screw up pure and simple and was sent to the wrong party eg Essendon and possibly should have gone elsewhere. Have ASaDA got all the other invoices from Alavi? Is this the smoking gun?

So the question is when referring to Robinson's claim, Did they ask Dank to deliberately deceive the players by injecting them with the "Good Stuff" whilst telling them it was all benign?

Essendons denial, describing Mr Robinson's claim as nonsense and slanderous, said "Contrary to reports, James Hird and Danny Corcoran never said the program should be run as a 'black op'," an Essendon spokesman said.

But Robinson never said they said that, he stated Dank asked that. Nice dodge really.

upload_2014-10-2_20-3-22.jpeg

might be reading a bit too much into the recollections of a disgruntled former employee
who was it that recruited the Weapon?

Without weighing the plausibility of it all, it's an interesting read. The alternative interpretations re: good or bad thymosin haven't been explored.

The whole truth lies with Corc and Jim. True believers in "the good stuff"

A couple million for James
800k for the Weapon
$2mil fine for "governance issues"
A couple million for s**t lawyers

When do Essendon start selling games to the NT?

Lol will never happen. You guys should have given free tickets to browns farewell. Can't even fill the stadium for that. So inspirational

A couple million for James
800k for the Weapon
$2mil fine for "governance issues"
A couple million for s**t lawyers

When do Essendon start selling games to the NT?

They don't, they've already sold out to Little - which is far far worse.
Little is an opportunist, he has bought himself some 'power' - at a time when it was going cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the AFL were underwriting Essendogs debts.

Yeah I don't see a problem with the organisation responsible for handing out the sentencing and punishment if charges are laid (The AFL) funding the accused (Essendon) in their legal challenge against the Investigators (ASADA & AFL). Do you?

Only in the AFL.

Funny.

They go to court to lock away the evidence gathered. They also pay Dean Robertson almost $1mil to keep his mouth shut

Lucky they have nothing to hide, and didn't take any prohibited substances.

Things are looking good Essendon....

And yet I still hear their supporters on talkback radio getting angry at people talking about Essendon as if they were guilty because "Nothing has been proved".

Meanwhile they are trying to hush up anyone and everyone whilst the AFL (The sentencing judge) tries to "protect the brand"

How many years did he have left when he was sacked?

Would I be close to accurate if I guessed he only had about $500k left to be paid out and he has just been given $800k? Why the bonus?

Hush money?

He was going after them for ruining his reputation & chances of earning that sort of money ever again.

I think (from memory) he was being paid $150,000 per year. Now he will never work in that role again so working as a physiotherapist. A loss of earnings of $50,000 per year for twenty years is worth $600,000 in a lump sum. Add $400,000 for legal costs and you get $1,000,000. Will be subject to tax of 30% I think.

Guessing that's one copy of the non-Wallised spreadsheet never to see the light of day.

might be reading a bit too much into the recollections of a disgruntled former employee
who was it that recruited the Weapon?

A disgruntled ex-employee who was allegedly just paid 800 large by his ex-employer to shut up.

There must a lot of truth hiding somewhere to need a stack of bills that high to hide it.

Disappointing.

I would have liked a few of the cultists to hear Weap testify that James told him that he'd be working with old mate Charter.

I think if you consider that black ops statement and strategy, and then read Dr Reid's letter about being kept in the dark and not having sign-off of what the players were being given, - that the penny should drop for you as to what was being proposed.

However if you accept that proposition, it suggests Hird is implicit in Danks activities, and that shows his decision to fight ASADA to have the investigation ruled "invalid" in a different light to the one he is trying to present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back