No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The players have made it clear they don't want to go ahead with an appeal. And the players are the ones that this ultimately affects the most.

If Hird wants to expose the grimy goings on, that's all well and good. But if the players have expressly withdrawn their support for the concept and also tried to (if you believe reports) dissuade Hird from doing it, then they are fundamentally on a different page. You can't have that much divergence- a house that divided cannot stand.

I would love to know under what threats/advice the players are thinking this.

This is courtesy of Shanghaied Don on Bomberblitz,

Apologies to all for the following long rant but as many are I'm totally disgusted by tonight & have to vent this shite somewhere.

I hearby call on the EFC board to no longer call on me through Paul Little statements to accept let alone move on from any & all of the following:

Criminally incompetent Federal Court rulings which if unchecked have the potential to affect ANY Australian's inalienable rights who operates under a contract (let alone EVERY professional sportsperson in the country);

The heaviest punishments in the history of the code being metered out for the exact same governance failings that were rampant at the same time and afterwards at most if not every other club, as well as being failures the ruling AFL management itself were essentially guilty of;

The criminal conspiracy of corruption between the nations largest sports organization, the Federal Government of the day, the Nation's Anti-Doping in Sports watchdog, and a compliant posse of blatently slanderous gutter 'journalists' & media to undertake a malicious prosecution that has falsified evidence, routinely misrepresented rights goals and obligations, flagrantly broken every privacy law & statute in the book, and carried out an internationally unprecedented defamatory campaign to slander the good standing (in all facets of life) of the only individual with integrity to not go along with the all-too convenient scapegoating of single clubs all to cover up the obvious fact that multiple recent premiership clubs doped and criminal match-fixing is rampant in the sport;

And finally EFC board I will never 'accept and move on' from the fact that YOU have probably been the Club's worst enemy throughout it all.
It was you that wouldn't sack Robinson & Dank at the time because it would cost too much.
It was you that allowed a self-report farce.
It was you that allowed the players to not protect themselves and their privilege during questioning (ie "only answer on certainties") when you thought you had an ASADA/AFL deal in place.
It was you who NEVER sued anyone on the outrageous libelous slander being pumped out on a daily basis that would have at least stemmed the flow if not completely avoided the all-in media gorging upon anything EFC for 2 years now and will not in this decade cease (once you accept being the scapegoat you'll always be the convenient scapegoat to distract from EVERY optics-damaging scandal)
It was you who allowed ASADA & AFL avoid the AOD legality issue for 7 months until it was all to late.
It was you that till this day, in the mother of all media propaganda wars being waged against the club and its personal, still haven't retained independent external Media & PR professionals...
It was you who accompanied Hird to launch Supreme Court writs in full bombastic fashion and then backed down by the week's end effectively carrying out the conspiracy's evidenced "James Hird to be isolated" task in their "There's still James Hird to deal with" goal.

It was you who gave up on the first night long after the 4 had already left the farcical 'hearings' of day 1. You then spent all of that dark Tuesday helping AFL in convincing the 4 one-by-one to accept the fascism as well.
It was you, through Paul Little, who after watching the viscously sanctimonious hubris of Demitriou & Fitzpatrick on that horrendous night, actually farken thanked them and the entire AFL witch-hunt squad for the gang-molestation of the club they had orchestrated!
It was you & your absolute incompetence that has allowed the AFL to continually alter the terms of the settlement to such extent that even xmas was pettily canceled and the AFL have blatently breached those terms on countless occasions and you obviously haven't even given a whimper in protest.
It was you who sat down first with Wilson, in the second attempt to get us to accept & move on, and still to this day leak exclusives to her even on the evening of the B&F when it should be easy enough to present news directly to the members & supporters of the club itself by oh I don't know maybe arranging a webcast of the B&F. Seriously rolleyes at that one.
It was you who frighteningly threatened to sanction a man for something his wife said in the year 2014 in a story focussed on the culture of bullying, and enabled an opposition club's president make a story out of it!
It was you, through Paul Little, who allowed Fitzpatrick to sit within 50 metres of you at an EFC home game.
It was you who muzzeled the supporters with the pandering #respect campaign when the already heightened frustrations of the corrupted umpiring displays threatened to overflow instead of requesting any explanation from the league. You know, like North do on a fortnightly basis...
It was you who cowtowed again and continued to 'isolate Hird' when he came back from exiled suspension, a ludicrous move that has only served the interests of those who attack us, sending the subliminal message that he's the sore thumb, the withering poisoned branch that needs to be hidden away out of sight, to be ashamed of & move on from.
Tonight it was you who surrendered our rights without a whimper of backbone again, who sent Little out there with his 4 possible speaches jest in a vain attempt for levity. You decided to not appeal a ridiculously flawed Fed Court decision which in a blind rush to convenience ignored the actual case in front of it and causes serious problematic consequences if unchecked. That you would yet again shirk your responsibilities along with your spines was no suprise, as was stating the undying nature of your fight to clear the players names in the same breath, as always. Problem is, after tonight I don't believe you anymore. A board who wants to clear names, right the wrongs done to the club its staff and its supporters, and restore its honour simply doesn't act this way. No stone in the quest for redemption should be left untouched on this dirty battlefield. NEVER should the actual coach (season 2014 is over) regardless of being a club champion or not, be so 'isolated' on the literal night of nights of the club that he's told not to attend because he wants to uphold his legal rights to appeal a court decision that he and his legal representatives (let alone yours) feels was deeply flawed. Not only that, but to also totally avoid mentioning his name for the whole entire evening like babies ignoring a problem until it goes away is so farken petty & childish it's straight out of the AFL playbook. Sadly the idea that if you have actually been working to the AFL's aims against the club's supporters interests the whole time, your actions finally begin to make some sense. But it only heightens my total disgust of you all that much further.

If you do the unthinkable tomorrow and try to sanction let alone sack a man, who is the Club's Coach, who is a third generation club champion brownlow medalist premiership captain, who has been continually driven through shite by all & sundry including you on multiple occasions in this farce, and has not broken a single law, for simply upholding his legal rights I am sure that you will provide the tally & identity of votes to the membership in unison with any of your always hamfisted board announcements.

* Carlton & hopefully there's no need for an EGM.

Now that is an A+ quality rant. We've become our worst enemy, and something needs to change very shortly.

Amazingly predicted by people in the know. Funny how Fitzpatrick continues to get what he wants. But he is oh such a noble businessman.

And we won't pay this fine, the AFL will (yes I said fine because that is how I view it). Forget about the money though, this is another smear of the club, indirect vindication of the Weapons interview. We had to crush this bastard and prove who a goose he is. Instead we make him the victim when he was the bloody culprit. More damage to the brand, more damage to Hird from the AFL.

It's OK though, they sold their $1m in finals tickets last year, so we're sorted.

They are doing what the players want, so yes.

Are they? Will be interesting to see who's wearing #8 and #31 next year.

Is there a board meeting on Monday?

I believe so. I can't really concentrate on what Little says these days. I just think about how he's ******* the club. Almost as bad as ******* Evans, which is saying a lot. Bring back Horsburgh.

I get the feeling we are never going to know the exact truth in this....

Why should we? We're just 60,000 voluntary $50 donations to the club. That's all we're worth.

I believe so. I can't really concentrate on what Little says these days. I just think about how he's ******* the club. Almost as bad as ******* Evans, which is saying a lot. Bring back Horsburgh.

Why should we? We're just 60,000 voluntary $50 donations to the club. That's all we're worth.
We're also liable for $20 in the event of bankruptcy, which is where the current board has our club heading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird will hear next Thursday whether he will get a 'fast tracked' hearing.. so we will know a court date on Thursday.

I wonder how hard it would be to wait and see on that date... as others have said.. if he gets a hearing date within the month.. then why the sudden panic?

Hird will hear next Thursday whether he will get a 'fast tracked' hearing.. so we will know a court date on Thursday.

I wonder how hard it would be to wait and see on that date... as others have said.. if he gets a hearing date within the month.. then why the sudden panic?

24 hours on it all seems a little stupid doesnt it?

Now that is an A+ quality rant. We've become our worst enemy, and something needs to change very shortly.
Never thought I'd see the day where intelligent Essendon supporters would be compelled to vent their spleen like that. What the f is going on?

I agree, we have lost the will to fight and have forsaken the only bloke with the gumption to fight on. Does the board really think we'll be the same club after backing down from this? I suppose the only saving grace for the board is if the players have driven this because they're over it. But according to the AFLPA, the players won't be giving in. The board were represented by Evans who led us into this mess. That is enough to be livid about. If Evans is so innocent why is he hiding? Come out come out wherever you are.

I think that Thompson planned all of this and hired Dank and the Weapon and then got a fine and made the AFL suspend Hird for a year and then coached for a year while Hird was suspended and then played players out of position so they want to leave the club and then got Bluey sacked and then made GC offer him the job and then hold the footy club to ransom and then made Justice Middleton rule against the club and Hird and then mad the club decide not to appeal and then make Hird appeal even though the club told him not to.

How to post without logic. **** me dead, some people just should not post when their emotional or stressed, they lose all reasoning. My goodness!

What a ridiculous strawman.

Never thought I'd see the day where intelligent Essendon supporters would be compelled to vent their spleen like that. What the f is going on?

I agree, we have lost the will to fight and have forsaken the only bloke with the gumption to fight on. Does the board really think we'll be the same club after backing down from this? I suppose the only saving grace for the board is if the players have driven this because they're over it. But according to the AFLPA, the players won't be giving in. The board were represented by Evans who led us into this mess. That is enough to be livid about. If Evans is so innocent why is he hiding? Come out come out wherever you are.

It's not great is it? I copped wilting to those sanctions considering the potential alternatives, I'll even cop Little's general football and media ineptitude, what I won't cop is backstabbing or cowardice and this is both, of the absolute highest order.

I thought our football department of 2012 was amateur hour but this is f**king ridiculous. We blew the footy department up, the board might need to be next

Quality post. Sometimes you need to calm down and try and understand the hysteria around this whole saga. As the few reasoned (non-frenzied) commentators have noted, there has still been no evidence provided as to Hird's guilt. Greg farkhead Denham virtually yelled down a caller who asked the same question...."lack of governance" he kept yelling.

Again I don't hold Hird up on a pedestal but you have to admire his stance in a way. Some say it's his big ego, but many people who fiercely maintain their innocence do so because they genuinely believe they are innocent. Can't knock a bloke for that or wanting to see it played out in court.

I like Bomber but I thought there was something....oh i don't know...disrespectful/not quite right...about his speech last night.

So glad I have the NFL and baseball playoffs to occupy/distract me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back