NRL There can be only one

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
It has been 43 years since the South Sydney Rabbitohs have won Rugby league's major prize in this country. In that time they've been kicked out of the comp, then fought for their reinstatement and now sit just a few days away from what would be one of the most emotional days in the clubs history, and all that stand between them is, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

When I think of the Doggies, I remember terms like, "Dogs of War" and "The family Club" one thing is clear, the Rabbitohs have a fierce foe they'll need to overcome to lift the NRL title on Sunday night. The Bulldogs have lost the annoying Mick Ennis and that will be a huge blow, but to offset that the Rabbitohs have lost Issac Luke too, so that contest evens out.

The two forward packs are both full of game breakers and big hitters. The Burgess brothers and ben Te'o going head to head with James Graham, Tony Williams and Greg Eastwood will be a major key to who wins this game.

In the backs, I'm giving Souths the advantage simply because of the Greg Inglis factor. The bloke can turn a game on its ear and I think he will be the vital cog in the wheel, although I also think the Bulldogs have the edge in the halves.

This could be one for the ages. A Souths victory would be the best thing to happen in the game since the Kiwis thrashed Australia to win the World Cup. A Bulldogs win is certainly on the cards. They know how to win finals games and they crave success.

I hope Souths win and I think they will do that off the back of a superior forward pack.

Rabbitohs by 8

Good luck also to the Mighty Warriors up against the Brisbane Broncos in the Holden Cup GF.

Also on Sunday the Penrith Panthers play the Northern Pride for the State Championship.

Yeah, I'm surprised that people seem to be almost writing the Dogs off. I wouldn't do that, even without Ennis. I'll have to have a look what the odds are here in the UK.

BTW I think you'll find the Mighty Warriors are playing Warrington, not Brisbane. :p
But good luck to the Junior Kiwis; I have watched their route to the GF, that Sam Lisone is quite a boy, isn't he?

I think we will have to score early and get a decent lead to win. Souths will be fresher and the incentive of being Souths first premiership team in almost 50 years will get them over the line if they are in the game in the second half.