List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Emma Quayle: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-the-ruckmen-20141001-10op78.html

Reece McKenzie (Northern Knights)
Born 28.3.1996, 196cm, 100kg

AFL biography: Tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. Extremely strong overhead mark and accurate kick for goal. Kicked 35 goals in 10 matches for the Knights this year. Father Warren played for Carlton.

Peter Kennedy, Northern Knights talent manager: "Reece has monster hands. His dad didn't play enough games for him to be father-son to Carlton, but he played in the 1987 premiership. Reece is a power forward, he's 197cm and about 102kg and there's not an ounce of fat on him. He kicked 16 goals for Marcellin in one school game and he kicked 10 for us against Eastern and he's your big, Tom Hawkins type who doesn't have a great motor but is all about power and can run 20 metres in about three seconds flat with good agility. He's just a massive unit and he's been able to monster kids because of his size at this level, so that will be a challenge going forward, when everyone's as big as him. He's a good kid, he loves playing forward and kicking goals, and I know these days we have to move them around because it's part of their development, but this kid just loves it and is so dangerous down there. If you kick it to him he'll mark it nine times out of 10."

Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges)
Born 4.1.1996, 186cm, 92kg

AFL biography: Powerful inside midfielder/forward who is strong overhead and is a clearance star. Breaks tackles with his elite agility and tackles strongly. Vic Metro MVP and Larke Medallist of the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Kicking has become a real asset. Averaged 25 disposals, 5.4 marks and five clearances on his way to winning All-Australian Under-18 honours.

Mark Neeld, Eastern Ranges: "Christian is a really bubbly personality and when people talk about footballers who want to be the best they can be, he's the perfect example of that. He asks an abundance of appropriate questions, he trains really hard, he's super competitive and I think he actually has massive upside because of his basketball background. He might be physically mature but he's really only focused on footy for the last couple of years, and as a result he has a lot of improvement still to come in every area. I think he'll be really hard to match up on an AFL level because he's very strong in one on one contests, he keeps his feet, he has an aggressive streak and he also has enough class to use the footy well. This has been his first year in midfield and he's taken all before him. It's what he wanted to do and he's really worked hard to do it. He has pace, he's aggressive and he's a very busy personality but he's under no illusion as to where his future lies and wherever he goes I think he'll make a difference next year."

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/360236054150629

Carlton are closing in on securing Kristian Jaksch, whilst the Hawks look close to gaining Jonathan O'Rourke with the Saints cooling interest in the pair of Giants.

St Kilda at this stage look as though they will be holding on to their first round pick.

FWIW............:rolleyes:.............

Guesswork.

Those FB pages are tripe. I know it's been said before but it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Emma Quayle: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-draft-combine-harvester-the-ruckmen-20141001-10op78.html

Reece McKenzie (Northern Knights)
Born 28.3.1996, 196cm, 100kg

AFL biography: Tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. Extremely strong overhead mark and accurate kick for goal. Kicked 35 goals in 10 matches for the Knights this year. Father Warren played for Carlton.

Peter Kennedy, Northern Knights talent manager: "Reece has monster hands. His dad didn't play enough games for him to be father-son to Carlton, but he played in the 1987 premiership. Reece is a power forward, he's 197cm and about 102kg and there's not an ounce of fat on him. He kicked 16 goals for Marcellin in one school game and he kicked 10 for us against Eastern and he's your big, Tom Hawkins type who doesn't have a great motor but is all about power and can run 20 metres in about three seconds flat with good agility. He's just a massive unit and he's been able to monster kids because of his size at this level, so that will be a challenge going forward, when everyone's as big as him. He's a good kid, he loves playing forward and kicking goals, and I know these days we have to move them around because it's part of their development, but this kid just loves it and is so dangerous down there. If you kick it to him he'll mark it nine times out of 10."

Christian Petracca (Eastern Ranges)
Born 4.1.1996, 186cm, 92kg

AFL biography: Powerful inside midfielder/forward who is strong overhead and is a clearance star. Breaks tackles with his elite agility and tackles strongly. Vic Metro MVP and Larke Medallist of the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Kicking has become a real asset. Averaged 25 disposals, 5.4 marks and five clearances on his way to winning All-Australian Under-18 honours.

Mark Neeld, Eastern Ranges: "Christian is a really bubbly personality and when people talk about footballers who want to be the best they can be, he's the perfect example of that. He asks an abundance of appropriate questions, he trains really hard, he's super competitive and I think he actually has massive upside because of his basketball background. He might be physically mature but he's really only focused on footy for the last couple of years, and as a result he has a lot of improvement still to come in every area. I think he'll be really hard to match up on an AFL level because he's very strong in one on one contests, he keeps his feet, he has an aggressive streak and he also has enough class to use the footy well. This has been his first year in midfield and he's taken all before him. It's what he wanted to do and he's really worked hard to do it. He has pace, he's aggressive and he's a very busy personality but he's under no illusion as to where his future lies and wherever he goes I think he'll make a difference next year."

Unc I'd be well happy with both of those boys with pick 21 and pick 1 respectively - our midfield and forward leaders in one draft (along with Lukey Dunstan of course)!!

Nakia Cockatoo (NT Thunder)
Born 23.10.1996, 185cm, 86kg

AFL biography: Powerfully built medium forward/midfielder with elite step through traffic. His initial speed out of the contest creates separation on his opponents. Uses the ball with precision on either side of the body and can impact the scoreboard when he pushes forward. Suffered stress fracture in foot causing him to miss the NAB AFL under-18 championships after impressing in 2013.

Wally Gallio, AFLNT: "He's pretty versatile. He does his homework and he looks after himself really well, he prides himself on working hard on his skills and training hard and being a student of the game. He's very coachable because of all that work he does, he wants to make sure he understands exactly how the coach wants him to play. He's the sort of kid who is always looking out for his family and his mates, he couldn't play in the nationals becuase of his foot injury but he supported the other players and spoke up in team meetings and said 'you blokes need to do this and this,' and ran water and helped in any way he could. He started back training at the end of June and that was modified until August, but he's done everything right with his rehab and he's in good shape now. I think he'll test well, his fitness is looking pretty good. He's a utility type player who could play forward, back or on a wing, and he loves the competitive stuff. At a pinch you could almost play him on a tallish forward and get him running off them. He respects people and is just a really mannered, good kid."

Nakia Cockatoo (NT Thunder)
Born 23.10.1996, 185cm, 86kg

AFL biography: Powerfully built medium forward/midfielder with elite step through traffic. His initial speed out of the contest creates separation on his opponents. Uses the ball with precision on either side of the body and can impact the scoreboard when he pushes forward. Suffered stress fracture in foot causing him to miss the NAB AFL under-18 championships after impressing in 2013.

Wally Gallio, AFLNT: "He's pretty versatile. He does his homework and he looks after himself really well, he prides himself on working hard on his skills and training hard and being a student of the game. He's very coachable because of all that work he does, he wants to make sure he understands exactly how the coach wants him to play. He's the sort of kid who is always looking out for his family and his mates, he couldn't play in the nationals becuase of his foot injury but he supported the other players and spoke up in team meetings and said 'you blokes need to do this and this,' and ran water and helped in any way he could. He started back training at the end of June and that was modified until August, but he's done everything right with his rehab and he's in good shape now. I think he'll test well, his fitness is looking pretty good. He's a utility type player who could play forward, back or on a wing, and he loves the competitive stuff. At a pinch you could almost play him on a tallish forward and get him running off them. He respects people and is just a really mannered, good kid."
Perfect pick 21 option ;)

Geez, I have to work for the day and come back to catch up on 10 pages!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome work lads.

Carlscum can have Jacksch for pick 6 but huge overs IMO.

Still would like to see Saad back on our list with a free pass from other clubs given the circumstances.

I fear for McKenzies life if he becomes a Saint. Anyone seen The Fan (Robert Deniro & Wesley Snipes)?

I fear for uncle barrels relationship with his missus. Not sure he'll have any energy for her after the weekend hehehe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need 20,085 posts
You could have 100,000 posts end of the day

Petracca is the best player in the draft .
Listened to a lot of mates who played a bit footy we all barrack for the saints.
*these were the things that came up.

Stkilda had the chance to pick Rioli everyone close to the club told them they picked. McEvoy
Stkilda had the chance to pick Judd everyone close to the club told them they picked. Ball
Stkilda have the chance to pick Petracca everyone close to club told them they picked ?

Hope they get this one right.
When you get the opportunity to pick a gun you do it forget multi picks . You do it.

I hope they do.:cool:

wtf. I would've upgraded Mav before Shents, Minchi AND Eli (in that order). Should've kept Shents on rookie list, have enough HBFers as it is, we need inside midfield help with Lenny gone, why not upgraded Mav?

could not have kept shenton or minchington on the rookie list as they already had 3 years.

Sydney considers St Kilda its most likely partner in a trade deal for young forward Tim Membrey, who has told the club he plans to leave in search of improved opportunities.

The Saints are hoping Kristian Jaksch chooses to play for them next year over Carlton, with the uncontracted Giants youngster considered more likely to push for a move to the Blues.

Jaksch could become central to a proposed deal that would involve Carlton sliding from pick six to pick 18 and gaining the athletic tall, with midfielder Jono O'Rourke moving to Hawthorn and GWS receiving pick six for the pair.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ncy-period-gets-underway-20141002-10pin9.html

Listened to a lot of mates who played a bit footy we all barrack for the saints.

Stkilda had the chance to pick Rioli everyone close to the club told them they picked. McEvoy
Stkilda had the chance to pick Judd everyone close to the club told them they picked. Ball
Stkilda have the chance to pick Petracca everyone close to club told them they picked ?

When you get the opportunity to pick a gun you do it forget multi picks . You do it.

I think you've nailed it Sainter.

If Sydney considers us the most likely partner in a trade for Tim Membrey does that mean he has already gave the Swans the indication that he wants to join us? or am i reading into it..

I agree with this. we may not have pick 1 again for a while, who knows with footy. Essendon could become a basket case, Melbourne may never improve etc. But we have it now. Would love to see us pull the trigger and for Petracca to become a jewell in our 2018-2022 finals-winning midfield. Pick 1 gives you a crack at bringing in real quality and we're gonna need it up against GWS and GC.

Geeze days like this make me thankful we have some coaching stability

Might be the time to get into the ear of a few young dogs

It's a nice change isn't it? Am not used to a scandal-free off-season whether it be caused by players or change of coaches. I could get used to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back