List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think we should trade Lyons but hasn't he requested a trade home to vic???

You trade if you get a good deal, pick 21 is a good deal for what could be a depth midfielder.

Just setting some realistic expectations - the Clarko/Cameron combo was great for getting posting numbers up, but at some point we need to face reality

It took me a while, but I am there now. I was stupid to believe, but believe I did.

Just setting some realistic expectations - the Clarko/Cameron combo was great for getting posting numbers up, but at some point we need to face reality
I still think Cameron is a realistic chance, just gotta be patient, trade period doesn't start for another 3 days! Sounds like we'll land Schoenmakers and Giles, which are important acquisitions for us, even if they aren't stars. We landed a big fish in Betts last year, and unless you're near the top, that's hard to replicate every year. Noble is targeting a skillful outside mid as well, so lets just wait and see on that one.

I still think Cameron is a realistic chance, just gotta be patient, trade period doesn't start for another 3 days! Sounds like we'll land Schoenmakers and Giles, which are important acquisitions for us, even if they aren't stars. We landed a big fish in Betts last year, and unless you're near the top, that's hard to replicate every year. Noble is targeting a skillful outside mid as well, so lets just wait and see on that one.
Fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia is our number one big man and will stand the biggest/best opposition forward. Schoenmakers would be our second tall so wouldn't have the number one forward.

Remember, we have the best tall defender in the comp, so we don't need nor can afford the second best also. We can't afford 22 A graders on the list, so if we could get him to B grade level, that would be a great get for us.

This is not quite right, in truth the best fwds are not usually the tallest fwds in the team. For example in 2014 best/tallest Cameron/Boyd Frankin/Tippett Lynch/Dixon Roughie/Hale Petrie/Brown Jack/Griffen even Walker/JJ ;-)

Therefore what you are suggesting is that Talia will mark the best fwd and Schoenmakers will be taking a 200cm ruck/fwd. Not trying to poor water on your theory we don't need a good 2nd defender but we very much do, and they need to be big, or have unusually long arms.

Lyons will probably stay now
I agree! I think we will keep him. We want him to stay and I suspect he is one of the guys that is happy with the change of coach.

People underrate Lyons on this baord. Clean hands, very good around stoppages, very good overhead for his size. A midfielder who can go forward and be a goal kicking small. With the right coach, this kid will develop into a pretty good player for us.

I agree! I think we will keep him. We want him to stay and I suspect he is one of the guys that is happy with the change of coach.

People underrate Lyons on this baord. Clean hands, very good around stoppages, very good overhead for his size. A midfielder who can go forward and be a goal kicking small. With the right coach, this kid will develop into a pretty good player for us.

he offers something up forward, his clearance work leads to opportunist type stuff. Reasonably strong overhead as well

What if pick 21 is another Shaun Mckernan type player? Draft picks are ridiculously overrated.

Agreed, put in perspective there are over 800 players listed each season, and a number 1 draft is the best potential player of a group of 70 odd. They are likely to take 2-4 seasons before they crack the top 100 if they are elite, & don't get injuries, a significant investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back