Preview 2014 Carji Greeves Medallist - Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Through the first half of the season he was ranked in the top 5 in the league for pressure acts inside the rnd 50 and he was making the most of his opportunities throughout that time by converting his pressure & work into goals. The goals & disposal average dropped off after round 13 or so, but maybe he continued to play the role that was asked of him by the coaches; that seems the only explanation.

I don't think there is any reasonable explanation for him being ahead of Selwood and Duncan after round 18 in the B&F. Even Rivers. I thought he had a great year but that doesn't seem to have been recognised by the club. And I thought the umpires had little idea in voting for the Brownlow!!

Disagree strongly - when done right, there's not much better than the stripped back sound of just an acoustic guitar and a singer

well, yeah... when bob dylan, lennon, jeff buckley or elvis costello is the one playing and singing.

some pub standard covers act, though — get outta my ear space. plastic soul.

I don't think there is any reasonable explanation for him being ahead of Selwood and Duncan after round 18 in the B&F. Even Rivers. I thought he had a great year but that doesn't seem to have been recognised by the club. And I thought the umpires had little idea in voting for the Brownlow!!

I agree - I was a little surprised by his placing at Rnd 12 but could also understand when you look at his start to the year, but how he is going after Rnd 18 is strange.
I'm surprised that Rivers isn't ranked in the top 10 - I thought he had a solid year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to know what constitutes a "pressure act". If Murdoch gave someone a mean look and they coincidently turned the ball over would that constitute a pressure act? I just remember opposition sides running the ball out pretty bloody easily this year.

the most flimsy of stats ever, that is what...your description would fit.

Not sure when but they've saved their honeymoon for the offseason, obviously :)

Maybe following Leigh Matthews advice and delaying the trip to make sure that any potential f&s draft options aren't born in September ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back