Preview 2014 Carji Greeves Medallist - Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek:

Just went to see how many Carji's Selwood has won now and WOW!! the 2014 result is ALREADY on wiki!! :eek:

Was that through the Carji's wiki page? Because I noticed it hasn't been updated on either Joel's wiki page or the Geelong award winners page.

I'm not sure which time zone is used to signify when a page was updated, but according to the Carji Greeves wiki page: This page was last modified on 2 October 2014 at 12:47.

That was today - so either someone got in early, or they are using an American time zone.

Thanked his parents for their sacrifices in the past
Thanked his brothers- who he is very close to and they speak every week, through the highs and lows (come on DOWN SCOOTA!!!)
Thanked the board members and the club- and he hears from friends who've moved on from the club, how lucky he is to be at the GFC.
etc. etc.
Quoted Cam Guthrie: We can promise that we will go away and work, and try and get better.
Said 26 y.o key forward, 23 year old Key midfielder (Duncan), 28 year old key defender (Harry)- the club's in a good position.

Was that through the Carji's wiki page? Because I noticed it hasn't been updated on either Joel's wiki page or the Geelong award winners page.

I'm not sure which time zone is used to signify when a page was updated, but according to the Carji Greeves wiki page: This page was last modified on 2 October 2014 at 12:47.

That was today - so either someone got in early, or they are using an American time zone.
Yes- I clicked on the Carji link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carji_Greeves_Medal
That'd be around NZ time. Americans are WAY behind us

fXdUCPP.jpg

Bryce and Maree get a nice acknowledgement from the skip:thumbsu:
Yeah- he played the family card really strongly there- mentioned his brothers and how close they all are.

I'm hoping maybe, that this brings his young brother into the Cats' midfield- next season, if not this season (can't see him moving until his contract finishes, though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the final votes- only 2 young blokes sub-25, I think (how old is Selwood?)
6 blokes up in or near their 30s... not too bad for such a dud lot of blokes that half of BF posters want to ditch at the end of this season!
And coming right up behind them... hot on their heels- Murdoch, Blicavs and GHS

5 defenders in our top 10, including our 3 tall defenders - why exactly did we need Frawley when we still have those 3 on the list and the chance to get another year into the likes of Kolo & Hamling?

Our Captain, the complete human.. such a rare person deserves every accolade he may get :hearts:
"Oh Captain! My Captain!" "....rise up and hear the bells!"

"for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills; for you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding; for you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning".

5 defenders in our top 10, including our 3 tall defenders - why exactly did we need Frawley when we still have those 3 on the list and the chance to get another year into the likes of Kolo & Hamling?

Because Lonergan and Rivers are getting on in years. In fact, Lonergan probably only has a year left in him. After having such an experienced lineup of KDPs, bringing in a kid with zero experience like Kolo and Hamling will make that defensive unit quite a bit more vulnerable, so Frawley would have helped ease the transition there if the club wished to stay in contention.

better having those young boys learning from the best, than stifle their development by bringing in someone from outside the club.
The forward line is different, as it isn't as well established.

We can agree to disagree there, weigh up his values and consider again :)

leonardo da vinci is the closest thing to a complete human i can think of... but he probably couldnt win a centre clearance, so there is that.

joel is a great captain, seems like a lovely guy, and couldnt think of any player id rather have in the geelong side competition wide... but i think he would have his limitations outside of football.

i was just being a realist, probably wasnt necessary... i tried to edit my post to say the complete 'football person', but you quoted me before i could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back