Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Footy classified brought up some interesting stuff on the coaches. Hutchie who is good friends with Thompson said that Thompson would prefer the GC job over Essendon but if he is offered the dons job first he will take it. Hutchie was saying GC should just offer him the job right now and they will get their man. You would think then that Bass would be a shoe in for the dons job. We might not have the time our club thinks we do.

In his speech last night he made it infinitely clear he wants to stay at Essendon but only as the senior coach and said he had had no contact with GCS whatsoever. He basically said sack Hird and I'll stay and build this club.

Read into what you will, but Caro Wilson has an article saying that Hird will go in a few days.

FFS Roo and Fagan pull your finger out, it can and only should be about 3-4 choices, Bass is the safest for you and our Club, not to mention IMO the best chance to get our Club back into being a respected one.

earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
If we manage to hire Bass then we need more experienced coaches around him, mainly being a senior assistant. We need a whole team if Bass comes along. I'm all for getting Bassett though, I think he's definitely a leader of men, bring it on.

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
I could say the same about you

Sorry mate but Croweater78 came in here a week ago with a low post count selling us the world. The AFC have this in the bag. Spared no expense. We've got our man... blah blah blah.

So you'll have to excuse me for being a little suspicious :)

Sorry mate but Croweater78 came in here a week ago with a low post count selling us the world. The AFC have this in the bag. Spared no expense. We've got our man... blah blah blah.

So you'll have to excuse me for being a little suspicious :)
54931505.jpg

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Relax people. There`s allot going on behind the scenes! This is all big business and profits in more ways than one. Not Sunday school.
Crowhorse suggested fair theory's to a lesser extent. Doesn`t matter what is said seen leaked throughout the media and public.
Read between the lines. Connect the dots. Think and be patient ... don`t react.
Surely buy now it`s getting more and more obvious????? Oh and there`s something called a "telephone" too lol

The AFC have this one! Have for a while now. For once:rolleyes:
Just waiting for things to settle and finalize for various reasons. You guys will see! There will be no disappointments!!

Oh and.... IMO of course
All been done before - you're a week late. GCS board might buy it though - try there

Godallblighty

Premiership Player
May 17, 2010
Hanging Rock
AFL Club
Adelaide
He took them to a semi in his first year and a preliminary in his second year. Both years they finished 5th at the end of the minor round.
No he did not.....but made the finals twice.
Oh okay, thanks. Think the point remains the same though. He has run his own team with good success in a competition one rung below the AFL. I repeat, I'm not advocating for him, just pointing out that his experience is comparable to Bassett's.

Of course join date and post count mean everything right.
Sorry, but you will have to excuse some of us not taking any notice most you guys with high/higher post counts either.
Now i wonder why that would be.....
Don't take it personally. The apprehensiveness is because we've had a big influx of new posters all with "credible" sources this off season. It's hard to sift through the good new posters and the "not so" good. Everyone deserves their chance. :)

Don't take it personally. The apprehensiveness is because we've had a big influx of new posters all with "credible" sources this off season. It's hard to sift through the good new posters and the "not so" good. Everyone deserves their chance. :)

I agree. I think there are some good posters that have joined in September of this year and I also firmly believe there are some not ALL "troll posters" in that have joined up recently or held accounts for years without contributing but have now emerged with alleged inside info.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
We never had Clarkson at all...

Bass is the only coach amongst the list of candidates I want.....

Bolton doesn't excite me at all...his media response to possibly coaching the AFC made it clear he was up to his eyeballs interested...hopefully he doesn't get the job over Bass...

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Re the Bomber theories... I had a whisper a little while back that we were all over him, probably as Senior Asst/Director of Coaching. The idea was to keep Sando and back him up with experience. Worsfold was the other I was told was in the sights.

I havent heard any more since, but seems to me something else happened causing them to decide to ditch Sando. Either Sando presented terribly at end of season review, or Bomber/Woosha didnt come off and they decided to go in a different direction re experience.

Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back