Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Let him walk and try his luck if pick 30 is all they offer. If beams leaves and they miss on greenwood this trade period will be a huge fail for the Pies.

And its a fail I'd like to see. :p

How about Greenwood + pick 16 FOR Griffen?

Will be surprised if the Dogs don't get a better deal than that.

Let him walk and try his luck if pick 30 is all they offer. If beams leaves and they miss on greenwood this trade period will be a huge fail for the Pies.

Beams is contracted and will be playing at Collingwood next year if not traded so I wouldn't call that a fail, not ideal however.

Greenwood isn't contracted so if he doesn't sign back on and you let him go in the PSD because you want pick 25 and not 30 then that is a fail on your end and that won't happen. Hopefully the pies do a get a pick a bit more suitable as I feel he is worth more than pick 30 but I just don't see your logic.

Beams is contracted and will be playing at Collingwood next year if not traded so I wouldn't call that a fail, not ideal however.

Greenwood isn't contracted so if he doesn't sign back on and you let him go in the PSD because you want pick 25 and not 30 then that is a fail on your end and that won't happen. Hopefully the pies do a get a pick a bit more suitable as I feel he is worth more than pick 30 but I just don't see your logic.
The logic is that by taking rubbish for a player in your best 22, then all you do is send a message that we are happy to be bent over. It's not our issue that Collingwood don't have a good enough puck, that's Collingwood's issue.

By you logic you should just take 5 and 25 for Beams because that's the Lions best offer.

You are kidding yourself if you think Beams being on your list next year is a good thing? He has clearly stated he wants out and doesn't want a bar of your club. Wouldn't be surprised if he sat the year out.

The logic is that by taking rubbish for a player in your best 22, then all you do is send a message that we are happy to be bent over. It's not our issue that Collingwood don't have a good enough puck, that's Collingwood's issue.

By you logic you should just take 5 and 25 for Beams because that's the Lions best offer.

You are kidding yourself if you think Beams being on your list next year is a good thing? He has clearly stated he wants out and doesn't want a bar of your club. Wouldn't be surprised if he sat the year out.

If Beams was out of contract then yes I dare say we would take pick 5 & 25, hell even just pick 5 as I am sure the Lions wouldn't budge from that if there was no competition for Beams, as the Lions would hold all the cards, which there doesn't seem to be since players these days choose where they want to go and its that or nothing.

If Pies were the only option for Levi and we couldn't get a lower pick to satisfy your needs and you turned down a pick that was 5 picks higher then that just seems stupid, footy is a business and sometimes you have to go below market value. Lets hope it doesn't come to that and I think there is probably still hope that you might be able to keep him or trade him elsewhere if you can get a better deal.

Now before you all say well then Pies should take 5 & 25 by my own logic, if Beams was out of contract then yes, but he isn't. Even if it does end up being 5 & 25 I wont be too upset.

Funny we are talking about 25 and 30. In 2009 the talk was that Collingwood might send Wellingham to North for pick 25, which would then go to St Kilda for Ball. Saints stood their ground and lost Ball for nothing. North kept pick 25 and selected Aaron Black - even though this year hasn't been as good as last year, he'd be more than handy on St Kilda's list. A second round pick is not rubbish and it's much better than nothing.

I Promise we will take 5 + 25 ;)

We could take 25. Then the Lions could offer the Pies pick 5 and an established but still young player. Everyone's happy! (Of course Collingwood could have had the same result two days ago, but we all have our pride.)

It would be ideal for North if the Dogs got their hats back into the ring, as they can gazump the Pies in the PSD so that would put some pressure back on Collingwood to deal. Not that Levi to WB would make more sense than it ever did, but it would be nice if North wasn't just sitting waiting to see what Collingwood has left in their hands on Tuesday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an article today:

Greenwood, 25, came third in North Melbourne’s best and fairest and despite playing every match for the club this season, he felt there is more opportunity at the Magpies.

"I think I'm better suited to Collingwood, I got a taste of playing in some big games this year and I'd like to play for a big club."

From an article today:

Greenwood, 25, came third in North Melbourne’s best and fairest and despite playing every match for the club this season, he felt there is more opportunity at the Magpies.

"I think I'm better suited to Collingwood, I got a taste of playing in some big games this year and I'd like to play for a big club."

I think you'll find that was a factor in why he chose Collingwood over the Dogs.

I don't know if that was the same article where he was quoted as saying he moved to be sure of playing seniors in the midfield, when at North he wasn't sure. Anyway, good luck to him. Some of his best games were big games, so I hope he continues his 2014 form at his new club, at least while they aren't playing North Melbourne.

From an article today:

Maybe link the whole article where he talks about getting pushed our of the Roos midfield and that he did a number on Heppell in last years final. Good times.

Looks pretty good in black & white.

141022_greenwood300.jpg

Wants to play in big games? What games are bigger than finals? I cant wait for Cunnington to give him a big don't argue and put him flat on his ass like he did to Varcoe earlier this year.

Wants to play in big games? What games are bigger than finals? I cant wait for Cunnington to give him a big don't argue and put him flat on his ass like he did to Varcoe earlier this year.

Don't be angry at Levi for leaving.
Your own club signing Higgins to a contract of $400 k per year for 4 years forced a loyal North man out the door.

Looks pretty good in black & white.

141022_greenwood300.jpg
Nah, he looks shithouse.
Don't be angry at Levi for leaving.
Your own club signing Higgins to a contract of $400 k per year for 4 years forced a loyal North man out the door.
I think the club mishandled Levi's contract but for the millionth time the Higgins signing has nothing to do with it. You're mad if you think North is using 100% of its cap right now.

I think the club mishandled Levi's contract but for the millionth time the Higgins signing has nothing to do with it. You're mad if you think North is using 100% of its cap right now.

It's not so much a cap issue.
Put yourself in his shoes.
You have a breakout year.
The club refuses to offer a decent contract during the year.
At the same time, it offers Higgins a locked in contract worth $400 k per year for 4 years.
Levi had every right to say they aren't taking me seriously.

It's not so much a cap issue.
Put yourself in his shoes.
You have a breakout year.
The club refuses to offer a decent contract during the year.
At the same time, it offers Higgins a locked in contract worth $400 k per year for 4 years.
Levi had every right to say they aren't taking me seriously.
I think it would have more to do with the fact that we let Collingwood enter the conversation with a deal far beyond his worth. That was the problem imo but if Levi isn't smart enough to realise that getting a RFA means out-paying their current team then that's his problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back