Ovens and King 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Nthwangman

Senior List
Apr 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Nth Wang have signed a new coach and assistant coach. From what I've been hearing around the club we've signed up 6-8 new players as well.

The Bulls

Debutant
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well people my contract is up and I head back to Melb next week. I will miss this area and country footy, it has been a real eye opener for me as I have never experienced country footy before this year and I have thoroughly enjoyed every game I have been to. Some have been a flogging but the people and atmosphere has been something I have never experienced at suburban football and wished my body would hold up for one more season just to run on the ground with a club from the bush. I will watch from a distance and take great interest in results and this forum to relive some of the great times I have had up here. You need to keep working hard to keep your clubs in viable because you all have something special and that is a sense of belonging to a community. I will not hesitate to recommend players from where I come from to come up and get a taste of country footy even if the standard isn't great, the people are.

navyblueman

All Australian
Dec 9, 2009
North east
AFL Club
GWS
So I'm hearing nth wang have signed jay dale as coach, is he the one who used to play at myrtleford ? Brother of current VFL and magpies lee dale?

Any word on all blacks coach?
Gbat chasing someone from tunga to coach was the last I heard from that way.

Tigers have lost a couple of travellers is the whisper but have more lined up to replace them. Not sure if any names but just rumours I am hearing.

Are the hoppers going to keep their list together and add more now that Waite is coach and Wilson asst coach? Not sure where those two will draw recruits from.

Brock26

Rookie
Apr 11, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well people my contract is up and I head back to Melb next week. I will miss this area and country footy, it has been a real eye opener for me as I have never experienced country footy before this year and I have thoroughly enjoyed every game I have been to. Some have been a flogging but the people and atmosphere has been something I have never experienced at suburban football and wished my body would hold up for one more season just to run on the ground with a club from the bush. I will watch from a distance and take great interest in results and this forum to relive some of the great times I have had up here. You need to keep working hard to keep your clubs in viable because you all have something special and that is a sense of belonging to a community. I will not hesitate to recommend players from where I come from to come up and get a taste of country footy even if the standard isn't great, the people are.

Thank you bull for this post.
Gives greater meaning to what everyone (involved in country footy teams) is doing every week for their club.
No doubt you sometimes lose faith in 'the purpose' but the re-assurance from a piece like that is priceless and I hope that gives everyone an insight into what we have. (And also what others have had taken from them recently)
Cheers bull.

Get it forward

All Australian
Nov 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
So I'm hearing nth wang have signed jay dale as coach, is he the one who used to play at myrtleford ? Brother of current VFL and magpies lee dale?

Any word on all blacks coach?
Gbat chasing someone from tunga to coach was the last I heard from that way.

Tigers have lost a couple of travellers is the whisper but have more lined up to replace them. Not sure if any names but just rumours I am hearing.

Are the hoppers going to keep their list together and add more now that Waite is coach and Wilson asst coach? Not sure where those two will draw recruits from.

Have heard the same about jay dale at north wang. And that was during the finals series so funny that it hasn't been announced yet!

You would think by now that clubs would have a coach in place. As recruiting has really stepped up in the last few weeks and hard to recruit players if you don't have a coach!

Heard that Steer could be back at nth wang helping out!

Glenrowan have done well to keep the robinsons, Cunningham and Norman!

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton
Have heard the same about jay dale at north wang. And that was during the finals series so funny that it hasn't been announced yet!

You would think by now that clubs would have a coach in place. As recruiting has really stepped up in the last few weeks and hard to recruit players if you don't have a coach!

Heard that Steer could be back at nth wang helping out!

Glenrowan have done well to keep the robinsons, Cunningham and Norman!

Spoke to a guy recently who claims he's "in the know" @ Glenrowan.
He suggested that most of the rumours he'd heard with regard to "who's being paid what" are rubbish & that the Tigers aren't paying the $$$'s that are alleged.
I can't recall the actual figure but then he claimed last year Nathan Carroll was being paid a figure in the thousands per match!!!
Said that like last year the Robinsons have again offered their services for free, that Karl Norman was on $600 a game last year & has offered to play for half this figure in 2015 if it helps pay for further players.
Find it hard to believe but it's what I was told.

Get it forward

All Australian
Nov 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Well I think I have heard it all now. Soon people will start saying that Albury don't pay their players either!!!!

Have nothing against Glenrowan paying money, good on them.

The thing that frustrates me is that clubs trying to hide that they pay. Every one knows it is happening and you are very nieve to think other wise.

Very long time since I have heard of a coach and assistant coach playing for nothing!!!

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton
Well I think I have heard it all now. Soon people will start saying that Albury don't pay their players either!!!!

Have nothing against Glenrowan paying money, good on them.

The thing that frustrates me is that clubs trying to hide that they pay. Every one knows it is happening and you are very nieve to think other wise.

Very long time since I have heard of a coach and assistant coach playing for nothing!!!

GIF, the Robinsons were a terrific acquisition for Glenrowan at the time but like I said, I find it all hard to believe too.

Briscoe 50

Rookie
Nov 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any news on how all the clubs are going recruitment wise??

Blacks are Flying! Massive turn out down there last Sunday, a great day had by all, infact if there are any other average 2nds players out there looking for a game and some extra $$$ head down and join the new recruits, pre season starts in a month! Commitment Pride Respect 2015 #noexcuses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dogsflag14

Draftee
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Benalla looks like they have recruited a whole new team which will be good for them.

Has Greta recruit or done anything about coaches they seem to be a team that just fills a spot each year maybe about time they do something.

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton
Benalla looks like they have recruited a whole new team which will be good for them.

Has Greta recruit or done anything about coaches they seem to be a team that just fills a spot each year maybe about time they do something.

Things are taking shape, obviously there's room for more improvement which the coach & recruiters began working on well before this season had even ended. I believe a couple of quality recruits have signed at this early stage.

I won't be mentioning names though so don't bother asking.

Rumourmill18

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couple of signings out at tarra, has anyone else heard anything? I read today in local paper that whorouly has signed former barnawatha forward Peter cook. Has anyone seen him play?

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couple of signings out at tarra, has anyone else heard anything? I read today in local paper that whorouly has signed former barnawatha forward Peter cook. Has anyone seen him play?

Peter Cook kicked over 100 goals for Barnawartha in 2012 as a full forward but would be equally as comfortable playing in the midfield. Daniel West could hardly get a kick for Barny when he played there for quite some time but kicked plenty for Whorouly when he first went there so based on that Cook should be able to kick some huge bags. He's very much a confidence player though. Not very physical but very clever and has great skills.

Samtrish

Senior List
Feb 14, 2005
Benalla
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Blacks are Flying! Massive turn out down there last Sunday, a great day had by all, infact if there are any other average 2nds players out there looking for a game and some extra $$$ head down and join the new recruits, pre season starts in a month! Commitment Pride Respect 2015 #noexcuses

Briscoe you are a f__g

Remove this Banner Ad

Back