Whitten Oval has a Cafe

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, i know there isnt a cafe at aegis, but why? (i cant be bothered looking for the answer )council not allowing it? or club not wantng to do it? if its the later, i will bloody do it!

Cafe, VFL team and new logo.

No wonder they're such a destination club.

I wouldn't laugh too hard at it. Have you been out there?

The Dogs have done a great job at The Whitten Oval and are getting good numbers at their VFL games now.
The closer you can have your seconds environment to your firsts, the better it is for players, coaches and fans.

The Dogs have done a great job at The Whitten Oval and are getting good numbers at their VFL games now.
The closer you can have your seconds environment to your firsts, the better it is for players, coaches and fans.

Those three things are three things that this board hasn't shut up about getting for a long time. The number of threads we've had on getting our own VFL team out of Arden Street.... I think we're just being responsible and paying off the last of our debt first. It will be a costly exercise so its probably good to wait, apart from the cost of running your own VFL team, there's also the need to add viewing facilities to Arden Street, scoreboard etc, fence around the ground and yes, some sort of cafe facility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those three things are three things that this board hasn't shut up about getting for a long time. The number of threads we've had on getting our own VFL team out of Arden Street.... I think we're just being responsible and paying off the last of our debt first. It will be a costly exercise so its probably good to wait, apart from the cost of running your own VFL team, there's also the need to add viewing facilities to Arden Street, scoreboard etc, fence around the ground and yes, some sort of cafe facility.

You guys won't know yourselves when you can just pop down to your home ground to watch VFL games.
A nice cafe for lunch along with a couple of bevvies watching the up and coming kids.

Ballarat has some good facilities but even then you can only get to see half of your team. It's not right, is it?

The Dogs have done well and will benefit. They probably have already anyway as there were 22K at the VFL Grand Final.

Certainly Carlton has come on in leaps and bounds ever since swallowing whole the Preston Football Club.

Certainly Carlton has come on in leaps and bounds ever since swallowing whole the Preston Football Club.

Carlton haven't the facilities that The Dogs have, nor have they yet created the environment The WB's have in a short period of time.

Not setting out to compare but head down to a Footscray VFL game and you'll want to have the same set-up at Arden st.

Carlton haven't the facilities that The Dogs have, nor have they yet created the environment The WB's have in a short period of time.

Not setting out to compare but head down to a Footscray VFL game and you'll want to have the same set-up at Arden st.

The only time I want to watch VFL games is when my AFL team is so utterly shite that I place all my hopes in a bunch of 18-20 year olds running around in the magoos. I can see why the Footscray VFL team has appeal. Personally, I hope that I don't need to be in that position for a few years.

The only time I want to watch VFL games is when my AFL team is so utterly shite that I place all my hopes in a bunch of 18-20 year olds running around in the magoos. I can see why the Footscray VFL team has appeal. Personally, I hope that I don't need to be in that position for a few years.

Not sure what you're getting at LT.

It doesn't matter as much for your wants as it does for the coaches to build a cohesive team.
I just think......I may be wrong, but I think.....it would be better served for development for all players to be playing together and even at the same ground they train at and call home.

There are people that enjoy watching the guys coming up through the ranks and the more interest in all things "your club" the better off for all concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back