Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

The Beatles have a handful of decent songs, and the rest is rubbish.

To be honest, at this stage The Beatles genuinely bore me. Maybe it's overexposure to them growing up (every third song on Triple M during the '90s was a Beatles track), but the only reason I've ever sat down and listened to their albums was to be able to say I've actually heard them and to have an opinion on them, rather than just listening for enjoyment. There are songs and even albums I like by them (Revolver and The White Album appeal to me most), but they really don't factor into my recreational listening at all.

With The Beatles, it's like this for me: I don't particularly like much of their music (Although if you can't listen to Yellow Submarine you might just be inhuman), but I respect everything they've done for the music industry. Because they innovated and changed it so much, and to completely push them to the side like some people do is just stupid.

Good to hear! Their popularity always confused me, not to mention them being called one of Australia's best and most talented bands is just downright insulting.

I never got it.

Sadly plenty of ****ing people did.

They were very good for a time there.

Sadly the 90's happened to them.

The End of The World As We Know It is just bearable.
Likewise Shiny Happy People feat. Kate Pierson from the B52's.

Stand shits all over the above 3.

Best of the lot is Bad Day (2003.)

The End of The World As We Know It is just bearable.
Likewise Shiny Happy People feat. Kate Pierson from the B52's.

Stand shits all over the above 3.

Best of the lot is Bad Day (2003.)

Pretty sure even REM hate Shiny Happy People. Terrible song.

I have no issue with people not liking REM Michael Stipe has a terribly grating voice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same with Rolling Stones.

Totally.

I can even pinpoint what it is I don't like but it's just the package with them; their really lame songs, Mick Jagger's ultra annoying voice, their singles are all pretty mediocre IMO.

I hope there's some sort of lightbulb moment like I had with The Beatles but their songwriting just isn't strong enough. Plus they're always they're always positioned as 'the quintessential rock band' or something. These days they just sound dated and corny.

Totally.

I can even pinpoint what it is I don't like but it's just the package with them; their really lame songs, Mick Jagger's ultra annoying voice, their singles are all pretty mediocre IMO.

I hope there's some sort of lightbulb moment like I had with The Beatles but their songwriting just isn't strong enough. Plus they're always they're always positioned as 'the quintessential rock band' or something. These days they just sound dated and corny.

Can't even sing nor can he dance.

FWIW, Mark Knopfler ----> Jagger.

It's not that hard to become a small, but internationally touring band who get okay reviews and hook up with good looking girls. You just have to understand the market, have no self-respect and send your material everywhere (which is, as I said, market-dictated by whatever Captured Tracks' 2015 equivalent will be), and work around some kind of template. And be pretty and wear the right clothes while having one or two things no one else does that you can call Your Selling Point.

There are no unpopular opinions on this thread because it's full of musical hipsters, whereby, therefore, the unpopular is popular, and the popular is unpopular, quite possibly bringing back around to popular again.

Also, Nickelback aren't that bad. Musically it is quite sound, the lyrical content leaves a lot to be desired, but whatevs, it's only 21st century Rock n Roll, not a post conceptual genre crossing double album meant to be discussed and analysed between every track.

There are no unpopular opinions on this thread because it's full of musical hipsters, whereby, therefore, the unpopular is popular, and the popular is unpopular, quite possibly bringing back around to popular again.
That's... too edgie for me. I'm so sorry.

These threads always devolve into a circle jerk, and any actual unpopular opinion gets shouted down. I'm not saying I've never done that because I have, but that's what always happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back