2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should look at which recruiter/scout has the best feel for key position players and just buy them out to stock our cupboard with. Anybody rate any one particular recruiter/scout....could be one we already have on the books?

How long do we give Freeman & Andrews before we look elsewhere?

Also what is the situation with Patton's injury and contract status? We might be able to get him relatively cheaply if he's a bit of a risk...

How long do we give Freeman & Andrews before we look elsewhere?

Also what is the situation with Patton's injury and contract status? We might be able to get him relatively cheaply if he's a bit of a risk...
I reckon Patton is loyal to Gws and is willing to stick with the club during it's tough periods, like Rockliff stepping up after the Mummies boys pissed off.

Probably comes off harsh but it also the reality. We can't bank on either of those guys being the brown replacement. We can't wait 5 years then realise they aren't the KPF we are looking. I think 3 years is enough time to show glimpses of something and if they still havnt by then most likely they won't be the KPF we need.

Finally after 4 pages his name is thrown up. For mine this is the man we should go after, as stated he is out of contract, with any luck we are already in his manager's ear with a bucket load, I am hoping our on field performance in 2015 will be improved enough to want guns like Cameron to come our way. What we need is for him to nominate us the week after the GWS's season is over.

He has everything we want these days of an A lister, Coleman medallist & AA in his second year.

Bring it on!!!

GO LIONS

After Cameron took a little shot at Boyd on the way out, I can't see him moving on.

I'm all for the sentiment of grooming a gun KPF from our youngsters but the fact is, it's not often your in a position that our club is at the moment with $ up our sleeves. We need to attract a big hitter up front. Ultimately, on field success and finals will help retain our players and help lure others in the future. See Hawthorn/Geelong/Swans

We should certainly look at getting in an A grade KPF if possible. That doesn't mean we have to give up on our younger key forwards though. They are only very young and don't usually kick on until they are in their 5th year at least.

I think our key forwards are just 2-3 years younger than they need to be. @Bucking Bead is right - it's not often that we're in a position to splurge alot of cash on genuine A grade talls. I believe premierships are built around midfield, so we should still be very competitive without a genuine a grade tall (ala Geelong and West Coast). However, in order to be come a real threat, we must get a low established forward that fits the current age profile of our midfield group. Enter Texas Walker.

Probably comes off harsh but it also the reality. We can't bank on either of those guys being the brown replacement. We can't wait 5 years then realise they aren't the KPF we are looking. I think 3 years is enough time to show glimpses of something and if they still havnt by then most likely they won't be the KPF we need.
Welll... no, 3 years isn't enough time for most KPFs.
I think our key forwards are just 2-3 years younger than they need to be. @Bucking Bead is right - it's not often that we're in a position to splurge alot of cash on genuine A grade talls. I believe premierships are built around midfield, so we should still be very competitive without a genuine a grade tall (ala Geelong and West Coast). However, in order to be come a real threat, we must get a low established forward that fits the current age profile of our midfield group. Enter Texas Walker.
A lot of people still seem to think you can win a premiership with average KPFs and a great midfield. I don't think that's true anymore- just look at what Sydney and Hawthorn have. Port MIGHT do it with Schulz and Westhoff, but Schulz is sill better than average. Key defenders now are too good for you to be able to rely on just anyone getting the goals for you, I don't think there's been a more difficult time to be a KPF.

Looking at our list our midfield is ready to start competing for a premiership in the next couple of years but our KPF's are not even close to ready. By the time our current crop of young forwards develop our midfielders will be getting to old. We need to recruit a gun KPF next year that is a similar age to our midfielders. A gun KPD entering their prime would be handy as well. Alex Rance is a free agent next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's go shopping!!!!

THE PICK OF THE 2015 CROP OF FREE AGENTS

ADELAIDE
Patrick Dangerfield
Richard Douglas
Taylor Walker

CARLTON
Matthew Kreuzer

COLLINGWOOD
Brent Macaffer

ESSENDON
Brent Stanton
Tom Bellchambers

FREMANTLE
Michael Johnson
Paul Duffield

GEELONG
Tom Hawkins
Andrew Mackie
Mathew Stokes

HAWTHORN
Matthew Suckling

MELBOURNE
Colin Garland
Nathan Jones

NORTH MELBOURNE
Andrew Swallow
Robbie Tarrant

PORT ADELAIDE
Robbie Gray
Matthew Lobbe

RICHMOND
Trent Cotchin
Alex Rance

ST KILDA
Sam Gilbert
Jack Steven

WEST COAST
Scott Selwood

For me I would like to make plays on Tex Walker
Tom Hawkins
Alex Rance
Robbie Tarrant
Jack Steven

The first three would have to be very big bids to pry them away and are exactly the A grade talent we should be targeting. The other two I don't think will need the $ incentive as the other however would still add to our team. These are only the free agents and there might be others the club is targeting which is exciting.

Hawkins would be great but I'd need to have 10 weeks of cognitive behaviour therapy to get rid of the "instant urge to punch him in the face" reaction.
Yep, I'd have to seriously re-evaluate my priorities if Hawkins came on board.

Just look at this face:

Tom-Hawkins-of-Geelong-003.jpg

Who are ours, although this trade period has pretty much demonstrated that every and any player is a free agent at all times come season's end.

Pretty sure Leuey is a free agent next year.

Leuey and Jed

there is nearly no chance of losing jed but stranger things have happened and i reckon leppo, lethal, schwab and swany will fight to keep luey im not worried about losing them.

the top 3 in my list to try and get would be Tex, Cameron and Rance. out of those three i reckon Rance could be the most getable because i think leppa and him have a good relationship and that could work well along with all our dosh we have to spend

If we managed to nab Dance that would he a pretty big coo. He's a gun. I'm intetested to see Andrews get a run up forward to see how he moves there. Anyway got an idea on who the more agile one out of Andrews and Freeman is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back