How will Rocky go in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he'll be consistently as good. There's a reason we don't have players holding a value of anywhere near $750k for long.

Will probably take the risk in not starting with him and picking him up at a better price. This decision will be an important one next year - get it wrong and he continues to produce? Disaster.

Rocky's always been very reliant on midfield time to get his big scores. In 2013 there was a very stark contrast between his scores with and without Simon Black, as he rested forward a lot with Black in the team. Since he averaged 113 without Black in 2013, I was always going to start him this year. We had appalling midfield depth with our injuries. Rocky just stayed on ball until he was stuffed, then had a short spell on the bench, repeat. No one competed with him for possessions at the end of the year with Redden out.

With Beams, Redden, Rich and Christensen in the mix it will see him have less midfield time and less 'competition' to get the pill and this will see his scores go down to the 115 mark imo. Still an absolute gun though.

May well play more time up forward again....

I would wait, probably won't be in my starting side.

Rocky will still be the No. 1 mid. He may spend a bit of time up forward but I don't think his scores will be affected. Will average 130+

No room for him up forward

Paparone - Close - Robinson
Green - Staker - Taylor

Martin/Luey - Paparone - Zorko

FWD line is probably full of what is needed to play up there.

Rocky will play entirely midfield I reckon. Can't just forget the numbers he was pulling this year.

On Rockliff there are a few things to consider
1) He scored heaps and hasnt been tag much because he aint really that damaging midfield player off his own boot. With more mid talent I doubt he will start being tagged (tag not an issue before or after 2015)... even if he got tagged he would love it...he pretty much pleaded with Sam Mitchell to run with him game long
2) Brisbane have hit rock bottom the last few years and Rocky has scored well. Teams on the rise/at the top score well across the board. The lions will win more footy team wide meaning Rocky can easily maintain his link up scoring
3) Has the leadership of Hodge & Selwood...He will will himself to continue his form
4) Can go forward if he needs to get into the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No room for him up forward

Paparone - Close - Robinson
Green - Staker - Taylor

Martin/Luey - Paparone - Zorko

FWD line is probably full of what is needed to play up there.

Rocky will play entirely midfield I reckon. Can't just forget the numbers he was pulling this year.
I am pretty sure that They could shift Paparone to make room for Rockliff. And Zorko would be instead of paparone anyway.

The downfall of my team this season was not getting him in my lineup early enough. I think there is far too many contribution factors now up at the Lions for him to keep putting up the same numbers as he did last year. I'd except an average of 110+ still though, which is still fairly good.

Looking forward to another year of fantasy games. Any idea on what platform will be used this year by the AFL? Are they sticking with their piece of s**t 'AFL Fantasy' game? I'll most likely make the switch the DT unless they have heavily improve the piece of s**t they had last year.

Very much depends on final positions and league structure.

However if Swan is F/M I'd have him as a clear number 1. Had a poor year in 2014 but every chance he bounces back and has a strong season. Capable of averaging 110 at least which for a forward is probably too good to pass on.

Very much depends on final positions and league structure.

However if Swan is F/M I'd have him as a clear number 1. Had a poor year in 2014 but every chance he bounces back and has a strong season. Capable of averaging 110 at least which for a forward is probably too good to pass on.

You can definitely make that argument, though passing on a near-sure-thing 120+ mid in Rocky for the 50/50 chance that an aging Swanny gets back to his best is a very bold move IMO

I'd say he's pretty comfortably no. 1. Draft rankings on footyprophet.com handy for this kind of thing - http://footyprophet.com/ultimate-footy-rankings/

Parker no. 3 overall? He's good but I wouldn't take him over Barlow, Selwood, Beams, Pendlebury etc

as a fwd he rates that highly on my draft list.. ave 103 last year, think he can do 105+...might switch him with Swan. But I am not so sure on Swanny,getting old and bucks plonks him in the fwd line at times (injured or not).

You can definitely make that argument, though passing on a near-sure-thing 120+ mid in Rocky for the 50/50 chance that an aging Swanny gets back to his best is a very bold move IMO

Swan won't be at his best but if you knew he would be, he'd be a clear number one pick.

He had a poor year last year and averaged 93. If you believe he can get back to somewhere around 110 then you'd have to very strongly consider him at that first pick. It is a bold move and it's tough to overlook Rockliff and GAJ but that's probably the way I'd be inclined to go.

as a fwd he rates that highly on my draft list.. ave 103 last year, think he can do 105+...might switch him with Swan. But I am not so sure on Swanny,getting old and bucks plonks him in the fwd line at times (injured or not).

Ah, one problem there - he's not a forward anymore, at least not according to Champion Data. Slight chance UF might name him a forward in their extra positions, I'd be surprised though. Agree, if he was still a forward, he'd be comfortably worth taking at no. 3.

Swan won't be at his best but if you knew he would be, he'd be a clear number one pick.

He had a poor year last year and averaged 93. If you believe he can get back to somewhere around 110 then you'd have to very strongly consider him at that first pick. It is a bold move and it's tough to overlook Rockliff and GAJ but that's probably the way I'd be inclined to go.

Yeah fair call - it's all Rocky for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back