Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume just the $330K as it is often mentioned that the Premiers usually only pocket $1M.

Where on earth does all the finals series money go!? 100s of thousands of people paying ludicrous sums of money for tickets and food and drinks, the money has to be going somewhere!?!

Where on earth does all the finals series money go!? 100s of thousands of people paying ludicrous sums of money for tickets and food and drinks, the money has to be going somewhere!?!
dis_greater-western-sydney-giants-football-club-afl-logo.png

th-gold_coast.jpg

It is at times like these I like to remind people that Fitzroy died for a debt of about a million bucks.

RoyLion will be around to correct me if I'm wrong.

And sorry Horace.

And let it never be forgotten that the AFL cancelled Fitzroy's major sponsorship with pay TV provider Galaxy on the spurious grounds the company was a competitor to Channel 7, and in doing so effectively hammered the final nails into the Roys' coffin. What a disgrace that administration was.

I'll always remember a certain headline at one point during 1996: "Oakley warns 'Roos: success will not guarantee survival." They wanted more than just Fitzroy gone!

As much as we may moan about Demetriou and his successor, we shouldn't take for granted how fortunate we are to have an AFL led by people who actually want us in the competition, and have had a fair hand in ensuring that's so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got caught in the jewels by a shot at indoor soccer. 6 hours later I still have this unending dull pain from my balls to my abdominals. :( :(

AFL PRIZE MONEY FOR 2013 FINAL SERIES

Premier: $1.21m
Losing grand finalist: $660,000
Preliminary finalists: $330,000
Semi-finalists: $110,000
Elimination finalists: $71,500

330k sounded impressive until I realised that included 3 extra weeks of match payments for circa 25 players and an equivalent for coaches.

330k sounded impressive until I realised that included 3 extra weeks of match payments for circa 25 players and an equivalent for coaches.
Yeah if anything it just covers the normal match day costs really. They need to increase this.

It's been a complaint from finalists, particularly Premiers, for years for this very reason, I believe.

NORTH MELBOURNE
Trent Dumont (defender)

A ball magnet with two years experience at state (SANFL/VFL) level, Dumont is ready to break into the Kangaroos best 22. He was the club’s second pick in the draft last year after father-son gun Luke McDonald. Started in defence for North Ballarat before spending time in the midfield and up forward towards the end of the season.

Did i miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back