Game Day Round 1: Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns MCG , 1:40pm AEDT Saturday, April 4, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest. The reason that we suck isn't the Matt Jones and Rohan Bails. It's the Watts, Toumpas, Trengoves, etc.

It's more than that though it's the stalled development of the garlands , frawleys, howes, trengoves, grimes,watts Sylvia's and everyone who showed they could play quality afl without being able to do it season in season out

Jones is the only one to do it

Let's be honest. The reason that we suck isn't the Matt Jones and Rohan Bails. It's the Watts, Toumpas, Trengoves, etc.
In no particular order...

The umpires
Schwab
Poor development
The umpires

How on earth can you be blaming Toumpas for the reason we suck. He's played 2 seasons! Gosh, that kid gets a hard time.

The reason we suck is because we drafted poorly from 2007 - 2011. Players from that era should be coming into their prime now but most of our picks were either duds or under-achievers. The compromised drafts didn't help either.

Terlich, Jones and to a lesser extent Bail were regulars in the side purely because they were the incumbents and Roos and co wanted to have a good team kind of system where it's hard to crack into the team. The only way to do that was to keep those guys in the team even when they weren't up to standard. We've improved our depth by at least 2 players so out those blokes go unless we get injury ****ed.

How on earth can you be blaming Toumpas for the reason we suck. He's played 2 seasons! Gosh, that kid gets a hard time.

The reason we suck is because we drafted poorly from 2007 - 2011. Players from that era should be coming into their prime now but most of our picks were either duds or under-achievers. The compromised drafts didn't help either.
I'm the biggest fan Toumpas has on this board. What I'm saying is that we've developed our talented players so poorly. Toumpas probably shouldn't have played at all in the first half of 2013 given he hadn't gotten over his hip injuries, and the rest of the side was garbage which makes it even harder for him to perform. I probably could have and should have listed ten other players before Jimmy but I was lazy.

Yeah your missing the point , this is a thread about round 1 2015 not where I would like the team to be in round 16 2016

I'm going to put bail and jones in the category of what I do to grimes
Focusing far too much on the occasional poor disposal to realize how much value they add elsewhere

Guess what, there's a reason why we finished 17th

If you think dropping those two and playing toumpas and Salem or brayshaw and JKH or Barry and trengove is the difference between us being good and bad then your sadly mistaken

Also where's cannon at?
You said somewhere that bail was dropped so it means he is crap? Salem toumpas michie JKH etc were all dropped at stages

I know it's a round 1 thread, which is why I put in Pedersen, but mine was more a best 22 for 2015.

I understand why Bail and Jones will get games, however, I'd rather be crap developing the likes of Salem, Michie, Toumpas, and no doubt Brayshaw, than be crap playing Bail, Jones, Evans, who are not part of the future. I agree it's a fine line, but Bail, etc. don't cross my line.

But guess what ? You'll be right, because I have no doubt they'll get games - unfortunately. But never expect me to pen their names into a 22, or be fond of the teams where they appear.

Also where's cannon at?
You said somewhere that bail was dropped so it means he is crap? Salem toumpas michie JKH etc were all dropped at stages

Yep, Bail is crap. All those guys are also crap and we should delist everyone.

I got my posts mixed up earlier and thought I was responding to the Round 1 team thread. I'm entirely ambivalent on Bail so I didn't bother correcting it. Tries hard, puts in, occasionally goals, that's about the sum total of his AFL career to date. As we've just brought a relatively large number of players in, we can afford to let a few people go. Bail is in the group of 10 or so guys that - if they got the chop - wouldn't really be missed.

Yet again I see you take no responsibility for the team's performance...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got my posts mixed up earlier and thought I was responding to the Round 1 team thread. I'm entirely ambivalent on Bail so I didn't bother correcting it. Tries hard, puts in, occasionally goals, that's about the sum total of his AFL career to date. As we've just brought a relatively large number of players in, we can afford to let a few people go. Bail is in the group of 10 or so guys that - if they got the chop - wouldn't really be missed.

They wouldn't be missed but at the moment their output is better than the draftees and that ******* sucks

Let's hope the toumpas salems watts JKH brayshaws etc have awesome preseasons and we never have to have this talk again

B: Colin Garland, Sam Frost, Neville Jetta

HB: Heritier Lumumba, Tom McDonald, Jack Grimes

C: Matt Jones, Jack Viney, Bernie Vince

HF: Jeremy Howe, Chris Dawes, Dean Kent

F: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Jesse Hogan, Jeff Garlett

R: Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson

INT: Christian Salem, Daniel Cross, Lynden Dunn, Jack Watts

Last edited:
B: Colin Garland, Sam Frost, Neville Jetta

HB: Heritier Lumumba, Tom McDonald, Jack Grimes

C: Matt Jones, Jack Viney, Bernie Vince

HF: Jeremy Howe, Chris Dawes, Dean Kent