Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Without giving too much away.... Those who know (or at least ought to know)
That is not giving ANYTHING away...but I will believe you because I really want to.

However, I have followed this story closely for its duration (kind of like watching a movie that you have lost interest in but just have to know the ending) and have absolutely no idea what the final outcome will be. It has been a compelling saga, that's for sure.

I am still gobsmacked that there is such a thing as backdated bans that include GAMES PLAYED. The notion is not only unfair, it is illogical enough to make Mr Spock's head explode.

In rod we trust.

VOTBIbq.png

I can tell you all that the prevailing view now is that any Cronulla style deals are highly unlikely.
My gut feeling says that WADA could not possibly countenance another outcome like that. The precedent it would set is hideous. Especially as Essendon has not only refused to accept responsibility, it has tried every dirty trick in the book to get away with it while flinging enough s**t at ASADA to have it shut down as a health hazard.

And how has Essendon punished those responsible at their club?

James Hird: a one million dollar gift and two year contract extension.

Bomber Thompson: Promoted to senior coach while Hirdy has a paid holiday.

Doc Reid: Inducted into the Hall of Fame.

What kind of message does that send to the AFL, ASADA, WADA, and the world in general? This:
the-finger-250x229.jpg

Last edited:
That is not giving ANYTHING away...but I will believe you because I really want to.

However, I have followed this story closely for its duration (kind of like watching a movie that you have lost interest in but just have to know the ending) and have absolutely no idea what the final outcome will be. It has been a compelling saga, that's for sure.

I am still gobsmacked that there is such a thing as backdated bans that include GAMES PLAYED. The notion is not only unfair, it is illogical enough to make Mr Spock's head explode.

You'll have to take it at face value but believe me when I say I have good information about this saga...

A Cronulla-like outcome doesn't pass the smell test. Firstly, the Bombers program was a different beast to Cronulla, who only dabbled. Secondly, they haven't exactly rolled over and begged for mercy...

You'll have to take it at face value but believe me when I say I have good information about this saga...

A Cronulla-like outcome doesn't pass the smell test. Firstly, the Bombers program was a different beast to Cronulla, who only dabbled. Secondly, they haven't exactly rolled over and begged for mercy...

Mods can we please install a "******* LOVE" button, as "LIKE" is not enough for this post. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::):):)

Mods can we please install a "******* LOVE" button, as "LIKE" is not enough for this post. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::):):)

It can also be found on the Age & HUN websites in regards to Cronulla not being anywhere near the magnitude of the Essendon* doping regime.

This is not strictly 'inside info'. It is out there in the public domain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can also be found on the Age & HUN websites in regards to Cronulla not being anywhere near the magnitude of the Essendon* doping regime.

This is not strictly 'inside info'. It is out there in the public domain.

For sure...what is inside info is that it's a view shared by important people on the inside of the mess.

It's an article that has bad consequences for Essendon, that's why we like it. Rita Panahi is a terrible journalist though.
She's a columnist, not a journalist. She doesn't report news, she just comments on it. She's just another person with an opinion, albeit she's making a career out of hers. I'm sure there's a dozen posters just on this board who could do the same if we lost the adenoids and anoraks.

She's a columnist, not a journalist. She doesn't report news, she just comments on it. She's just another person with an opinion, albeit she's making a career out of hers. I'm sure there's a dozen posters just on this board who could do the same if we lost the adenoids and anoraks.
Opinonated columnists have taken over newspapers as they go online because opinions polarise people and draw comments. Now that you can't measure success of a paper by copies sold, its by hits and comments, and nothing draws more response than an article like that.

Yeah well it sure lulled our blokes into thinking they were only playing a practice match.

You have to wonder don't you? ;)
Accustomed to playing with the roar of 20-30 thousand plus fans in their ears, subconsciously they're thinking "Naaa... this can't be a real match..."

So the AFLPA is saying that there is nothing new in the 350 page SCN packs and that they don't establish that the players took TB4.

I guess they just filled the pages with mumbo jumbo to try and confuse the players into coming clean. But they aren't falling for it because the AFLPA says they can win at the tribunal. Just like Essendon was sure to win in court, and Hirdy is sure to win his appeal.

So the AFLPA is saying that there is nothing new in the 350 page SCN packs and that they don't establish that the players took TB4.

I guess they just filled the pages with mumbo jumbo to try and confuse the players into coming clean. But they aren't falling for it because the AFLPA says they can win at the tribunal. Just like Essendon was sure to win in court, and Hirdy is sure to win his appeal.
I really do not get what the AFLPA are doing here.

"The AFL Players Association (AFLPA) is the representative body for all current and past professional Australian Football League players.
The AFLPA promotes and protects its members through initiatives including workplace relations and advocacy, career development and various community events.
Players welfare is the primary function of AFLPA, and it aims to ensure the sustainability and integrity of the game by investing in the personal development of past, present and future AFL footballers.
Established in its current from in 1974, the AFL Players Association provides a means for the AFL and Clubs to consult with players, and as a lobbying group for players, in the making and implementation of rules and other issues affecting AFL players."

So this body is charged with enhancing player welfare/ implementing rules thinks it is OK for 34 rogue players to seek an unfair advantage over all of its other members. This body needs to have a good hard look at what it is there for and start protecting all it's members who are disadvantaged by this and not just seek the media spotlight as the defender of the absurd.

In April 2012, Carrazzo had his shoulder blade broken in a tackle by Essendon's Sam Lonergan. What have the AFLPA done to help him? Seriously what is this body trying to achieve as it defends conduct that totally goes against player welfare in the short (Carrots) and long term (health)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back