Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate the Spring Carnival and all it brings to Melbourne, but i'm so meh about actually attending a race meeting.
Went to the Caulfield Cup a number of years ago through work, but wouldn't have gone otherwise.
Give me the footy and the cricket (Boxing Day) over the races any day of the week.

Appreciate the Spring Carnival and all it brings to Melbourne, but i'm so meh about actually attending a race meeting.
Went to the Caulfield Cup a number of years ago through work, but wouldn't have gone otherwise.
Give me the footy and the cricket (Boxing Day) over the races any day of the week.
I feel the same way.

I can see it's value but I don't give 2 shits about horse racing

TGR

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2003
here
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

I'm a bit the same. My boss has a marquee at Flemington for the carnival every year. Guess I'll have to go again.:D

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
I just find it is another day to go and get wasted for the young ones. I will have a bet however.

I have a couple of friends who want to do ladies in Perth which is in another couple of weeks but I can't be bothered.

I just find it is another day to go and get wasted for the young ones. I will have a bet however.

I have a couple of friends who want to do ladies in Perth which is in another couple of weeks but I can't be bothered.
Young ones? I've had drinks one cup day, my mum goes all in every year with her friend

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
JR has a point.

Spring Racing Carnival General Admission is full of 18-21 year olds in hideous bright suits, inappropriately short skirts, drinking champagne from the bottle and making out in full view. Girls carrying shoes in the hands...never a good look.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Do you mean the world series?

You know my feelings on the NRC, the highlights are all I need of the baseball, cricket is great, tennis isn't too bad.

Premier League and the Superbowl are where it is at!

All happy indeed :)
Nah Melbourne Aces baseball. I grew up watching baseball cos Papa Homer played, was raised as a Yankee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back