Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun - BULLDOGS AND BOYD BROUGHT TO THEIR KNEES AFTER SHARK ATTACK
Ahhh ... so that's what it was.
I thought his left leg was just obscured by the wave. Anyway he should still be good for 20 goals even on one leg.

This is from his instagram account from 2 days ago. Surfing trip in Indonesia.

246ncs1.jpg

As awesome as it looks, that s**t is scary. Knee injury waiting to happen :eek:

Don't underestimate the skill it takes a 2m tall man to balance like that. I'm sub 180cms and find it hard enough, need a real low centre of gravity*

*or just balance

He's back in Oz as of the weekend so shouldnt be too far off!

Don't underestimate the skill it takes a 2m tall man to balance like that. I'm sub 180cms and find it hard enough, need a real low centre of gravity*

*or just balance
Tell me about it mate. Being 201cm since the age of about 16 meant there was a lot of sports I didn't excel in. Surfing was just one of them. Couldn't skateboard for the life of me either. Plus, it's a long way down.

Boyd won't even be a restricted free agent when he's next out of contract. Have to be with the same club for at least 8 years. Brilliant.
Unless he declares he wants to go to another club in a couple of years ...:(

Tell me about it mate. Being 201cm since the age of about 16 meant there was a lot of sports I didn't excel in. Surfing was just one of them. Couldn't skateboard for the life of me either. Plus, it's a long way down.
How would you like a once-in-lifetime opportunity to play AFL football?

I kind of hope he does pre-season training and then does about
ten weeks with a personal trainer as i think in the long run it
could shorten his development by up to a year with the added
bonus of sending a positive message to the rest of the group.
This is not a negative post i just want to take the heat off the
kid a bit and avoid the great white hope mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel your pain brother!! :cry: (200cm)

Going back a month, we had around $800k per annum on the table in offers for Levi Casboult and Liam jones combined. Just think about that for a moment. Instead we end up with tom Boyd for the same kind of annual spend. Media seriously need perspective about this stuff.

And I believe for once we're ahead of the curve on this type of deal. The long term, mega deal to secure elite young talent is going to become the norm. Wait and see what kind of deals cameron, Treloar, WHE, tex and sloane get. Our deal will stack up very well by comparison IMO.

Probably just as well Macca is gone. He'd have Boyd playing CHB in the VFL most of the season so can learn how to be a forward and iron out a few things in his game.
It improved Redpath as a player.

Going back a month, we had around $800k per annum on the table in offers for Levi Casboult and Liam jones combined. Just think about that for a moment. Instead we end up with tom Boyd for the same kind of annual spend. Media seriously need perspective about this stuff.

And I believe for once we're ahead of the curve on this type of deal. The long term, mega deal to secure elite young talent is going to become the norm. Wait and see what kind of deals cameron, Treloar, WHE, tex and sloane get. Our deal will stack up very well by comparison IMO.

....and we will be using the new Cap rules cleverly - paying Boyd only $180k next year (we are only allowed to pay him the scheduled 2nd year rate) and so paying only 95% of the TPP Cap in 2015 so that in 2016, when Boyd can be paid any amount, we pay 105% of the TPP Cap, which the new rules allow if you underspent the prior year.

Just moving from 95% to 105% of the TPP Cap is in excess of $1M that we can load into Boyd's second year of his contract with us.

....and we will be using the new Cap rules cleverly - paying Boyd only $180k next year (we are only allowed to pay him the scheduled 2nd year rate) and so paying only 95% of the TPP Cap in 2015 so that in 2016, when Boyd can be paid any amount, we pay 105% of the TPP Cap, which the new rules allow if you underspent the prior year.

Just moving from 95% to 105% of the TPP Cap is in excess of $1M that we can load into Boyd's second year of his contract with us.
With plenty enough to make a big play for Carlisle. Dogs playing it smart. Finally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back