Paddy Ryder

Remove this Banner Ad

So is there room in the display cabinets ready made down at Alberton all sized up where we can put the 2015 Premiership Cup?

I think it's gonna be a tight squeeze with the other 37 in there already :D

Paddy at his wedding today.

10710539_10152522050783882_1286183896497660152_n.jpg
Already trying to convince the fiancé to let me try this look at our wedding!

I know Paddy is still on holidays but i'm really looking forward to all the "welcome" media when he finally does get through the doors at Alberton. The best we've got at the moment is what I assume is a photoshopped guernsey.

So is there room in the display cabinets ready made down at Alberton all sized up where we can put the 2015 Premiership Cup?

I think it's gonna be a tight squeeze with the other 37 in there already :D
We dont get to keep the Thomas Seymour Hill Trophy unfortunately,which is why we had a big desire to keep winning flags. It's a bad feeling having an empty space where our trophy should be

I'm surprised by the lack of concern about the upcoming infraction notices. If he can somehow escape them you've picked up a massive piece of the puzzle, but the chance of that happening is pretty slim, especially with how ASADA have been talking lately. I fear you may have bought a lemon.

I'm surprised by the lack of concern about the upcoming infraction notices. If he can somehow escape them you've picked up a massive piece of the puzzle, but the chance of that happening is pretty slim, especially with how ASADA have been talking lately. I fear you may have bought a lemon.

We paid considerably less for him than we would have if he didn't have this hanging over him.

My personal feeling is that if he goes for 0 or 6 months, it's a win. 12 months, we've broken even. 2 years, we've overpaid.

Personally I hope all Essendon players are cleared of wrongdoing as they were the ones sold lemons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not fair. I want to fly back to Melbourne. Bloody Port are 7 goals up, I'm responsible for 5 of them and we have not scored a goal yet. Suck eggs hahaha

FTFY :p

When I saw the quote for a second I thought I wrote aureoleman. Which is kind of apt because like Janet Jackson's nipple at Superbowl he was exposed.

I know Paddy is still on holidays but i'm really looking forward to all the "welcome" media when he finally does get through the doors at Alberton. The best we've got at the moment is what I assume is a photoshopped guernsey.

I dont want him around the club until the players have responded to the Show Cause Notices. Before that any presser will basically just be about drugs at Essendon.

Paddy's being called our biggest ever recruit and has been credited with a 20 fold increase in new membership registrations. You can't hide him away because Andrew Capel might ask a hard question as unlikely as that is. He's the player Port supporters most want to hear from.

I'm sure the extremely competent and professional Port media team can control a press conference at Alberton. And I'm sure Paddy can dead bat a question on SCNs.

Even cRowie and Bone would be suitably deferential.

Given the latest social media patter he's more likely to be asked about his wedding outfit. :D

Paddy's being called our biggest ever recruit and has been credited with a 20 fold increase in new membership registrations. You can't hide him away because Andrew Capel might ask a hard question as unlikely as that is. He's the player Port supporters most want to hear from.

I'm sure the extremely competent and professional Port media team can control a press conference at Alberton. And I'm sure Paddy can dead bat a question on SCNs.

Even cRowie and Bone would be suitably deferential.

Given the latest social media patter he's more likely to be asked about his wedding outfit. :D

No Richo never credited Paddy with the 20 fold increase in membership registrations. This time last year existing members were ensuring they locked in similar seats to those they got at Footy Park. Thats why there were bugger all registrations last October. The club didnt advertise for them like they did this year. Its Adelaide Oval- the team and the way we play - and supply and demand why we have 20 times increase in regos for new memberships. This time last year we had only about 25,000 existing members take up seats/memberships.

Richo said...."Registrations with new members have been going well for the past few weeks, but there was definitely a bump (on Thursday) when the Ryder trade came through. From Saturday's 'Tsier page 120.

Of course it's an exaggeration so what? He's a big name our big off season catch let's hear from him. No need to nanny him.

PS I never said Richo credited Paddy with that rise in memberships.

Last edited:
SCNs have to be answered by the 31st October. I think we can wait 11 days.

Then why make a song and dance about it? FFS he'll be on his honeymoon for a couple of weeks yet.

I agree with ford...

isolating him would be a monumental mess up Imo

That would not be very welcoming from the club....we dont operate like that....

Anyways enjoy the honeymoon cowboy...

Then why make a song and dance about it? FFS he'll be on his honeymoon for a couple of weeks yet.

I have no idea when his honeymoon finishes but I reckon the club is protecting him.He is pretty shy and didnt give many interviews at Essendon according to my Essendon supporting brother inlaw up north - who is still pissed off we got Wangers off them, so no idea how long he will be upset about Ryder.

The same thing happened with Matty White last year. Everyone wanted to hear from him, see him in a port guernsey. I reckon it was after the Dubai trip before he gave an interview and maybe that long before the club got him in a guernsey.

Well Richmond are the clear industry leaders in picking up other team's lemons (and in some cases handing over 60 goal a year forwards for them) so we will take your concern on board :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back