Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcotts reputation has really increased since his injury.
I think it's more so that He and Ozil barely played together, and Ozil works best playing through balls to quick players. Evidently neither of them seem to be able to play at the same time with Ozil now dead. In saying, that he probably has become overrated.

I'd be starting Walcott on the right, Alexis on the left. Wilshere and Ramsey at CM is also too weak.

Alaba? Really? Why would he want to leave Bayern? How absurd.

Yeah, I meant Alexis on the left, Santi on the right. Walcott has a few issues with his game to address before he goes ahead of Cazorla.

Ramsey and Wilshere are both strong CMs who can tackle, pass and hold a strong line. Wilshere's fine until we get a proper CDM. Ramsey is a top-five box-to-box midfielder. Gun.

And it would be difficult to get Alaba, which I said. Doesn't mean you can't throw out ideas which will improve the list.

On Walcott though, I really look forward to his return. If he comes back firing, that right wing position is all his.

Yeah, I meant Alexis on the left, Santi on the right. Walcott has a few issues with his game to address before he goes ahead of Cazorla.

Ramsey and Wilshere are both strong CMs who can tackle, pass and hold a strong line. Wilshere's fine until we get a proper CDM. Ramsey is a top-five box-to-box midfielder. Gun.

And it would be difficult to get Alaba, which I said. Doesn't mean you can't throw out ideas which will improve the list.

On Walcott though, I really look forward to his return. If he comes back firing, that right wing position is all his.
We should try and sign Messi and Ronaldo too then!

What exactly did Bellerin do wrong?

Wilshere has a short fuse - we can't change that unfortunately. But you can understand his frustrations with the woeful refereeing.
I'm sorry, I should have explained myself better.

The young kid Bellerin had a good debut and I really do hope he forges a great career at Arsenal. He certainly tries hard and wasn't overawed but right now, I don't think he is an EPL player or a fullback.

He was not examined at all by Hull and therefore, it was a great introduction to football in the top flight for him. I watched a bit of the Stoke/Swansea game this morning and Dyer, Routledge and Mosses would skin him alive.

I think it was you that told me that he is being converted from a winger to a fullback. With the overemphasis on wall passing in the so called modern game, players that have the ability to run at speed with the ball close to their feet and beat players one on one are diamonds. If you have a youngster that shows an propensity to perform this skill, then why the hell would anyone try to cull that rare attacking ability and turn 'em into a defender? Fullbacks are defenders first and foremost and the rest is a bonus.

I can hear people saying that we have many of those forward type players and yes, we do have speedy customers but none that can dribble past defenders. If one is hellbent on "converting" a winger type into a fullback, I reckon that Oxlade -Chamberlain would be a far better proposition; at least he has the physical attributes to be a fullback. Unfortunately for Bellerin, I fear he'll be 4th choice right back 'till he's into his early-mid twenties and then he'll end up in some lower league somewhere as many of our once highly promising youngsters do.

As for Wilshere, I've had enough of his carry on and if I were manager, I'd be looking to off load him for big bucks and get in a consistent professional. I know he's only 22, soon to be 23, but he's just too much of a disruptive player in the side and the one thing that we need for our game to function at Arsenal is continuity and all Wilshere seems to do is break up the play with his petulance.

Last edited:
But there comes a point where if he isn't afforded the protection by the officials of course he's going to react. THE most fouled player in The Prem, it speaks for itself.
Put yourself in the referees shoes for a moment. This Wilshere lad keeps abusing you all game; whinges, carries on at the slightest contact or feels aggrieved and vents his anger at you that his team-mate didn't get a free/had a free awarded against him and on and on and on it goes. I know that we don't think of referees as human but they are you know and they are a pretty tight knit group and they talk. They talk about who the f***heads are and which players try and pull swifties.

Wilshere, by his kindergarden antics, sometimes does not get the frees he should because he is a f***head and he insults referees.

"It starts and ends with him" (glenferry23).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me Move on to a UCL game in Belgium on Thursday Morning ( A game we should win) but I can't pick us given we are 4 from 13 in all comps this season.... Score draw with us bottling the lead due to a late set piece or his on the counter.

The lass asking the questions was doing a great job in probing the manager on his thoughts; that is after all, her job and she was respectful but Wenger, the game's passed him by I reckon.

Hull just didn't engage our side in the first half and we just didn't have the ability to punish a side who were basically tourists.

For Wenger to say that Hull's first goal should have been ruled out because it was a free is preposterous. Diame steamrolled his way into a goalscoring position and our players were just too weak to stop him. Maybe that's the problem Arsene, you buy too many effeminate players and when you buy mongrels (Debuchy) they're brain dead!

The lass asking the questions was doing a great job in probing the manager on his thoughts; that is after all, her job and she was respectful but Wenger, the game's passed him by I reckon.

Hull just didn't engage our side in the first half and we just didn't have the ability to punish a side who were basically tourists.

For Wenger to say that Hull's first goal should have been ruled out because it was a free is preposterous. Diame steamrolled his way into a goalscoring position and our players were just too weak to stop him. Maybe that's the problem Arsene, you buy too many effeminate players and when you buy mongrels (Debuchy) they're brain dead!

That's Wenger's major strength these days. Playing the victim. Pleading for sympathy.

Embarrassing stuff.

Interested to hear if you guys think Wenger will last the 3 years? He seems to be deteriorating at a rate of knots at the moment but you never know if he might level the ship. A lot of you guys have written us off for this year but do you think we won't make top 4? Aside from our mediocrity there aren't really that many other clubs that are threatening. Chelsea and Mancity are clearly a class above but Liverpool and Spurs do not look too flash.
A question for you all: Would you take missing out on top 4 this season if it resulted in Wenger leaving?

Put yourself in the referees shoes for a moment. This Wilshere lad keeps abusing you all game; whinges, carries on at the slightest contact or feels aggrieved and vents his anger at you that his team-mate didn't get a free/had a free awarded against him and on and on and on it goes. I know that we don't think of referees as human but they are you know and they are a pretty tight knit group and they talk. They talk about who the f***heads are and which players try and pull swifties.

Wilshere, by his kindergarden antics, sometimes does not get the frees he should because he is a f***head and he insults referees.

"It starts and ends with him" (glenferry23).
What came first ? The chicken or the egg ? He is mouthy, but who wouldn't react to the treatment he gets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back