Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The player jumpers do use the same fabric, and how is the one we buy any different to the match day ones (in terms of design)?

Yeah, that's how the monitor the player movements and heart rate to gather the data necessary to improve on the training field. All players have them now - they're located roughly where the BBFFC is.

Even if these on-field jumpers came in a 7XL for bigger players, they still would not be the same as a 7XL available to consumers - they'll still be tightly fitted so tacklers cannot get a hold of them.
I'm talking about the watermarks. I don't actually like them, but if they are on the player guernsey, they should be on the ones sold. That is the design difference.
I know what the GPS tracker pocket is. I wasn't suggesting that they need to be so exact that the one I buy in the shop should have a pocket for my gps tracker.

i just want to throw my money at the club for one of these babies but Vic memberships are not up yet so i can renew and then get the members discount on the jersey.. never been more excited about our football club, I was blissfully ignorant to how good the premiership years were so this time im going to ride this next wave of kids all the way back to the top .. yiieeww! eat a dick paddlepop

Holy sweet jeebus... Leuenberger!! What a freaking beast!! :eek:

BSK_1878.jpg

A sight for sore eyes.

From saveourjumper in '09, the Father's Day survey in '12 to #bringitback in '13.

A heartfelt thank you (and congrats) to all those that have put up rather than shut up.

I'm talking about the watermarks. I don't actually like them, but if they are on the player guernsey, they should be on the ones sold. That is the design difference.
I know what the GPS tracker pocket is. I wasn't suggesting that they need to be so exact that the one I buy in the shop should have a pocket for my gps tracker.

Yeah not sure what the go is with the watermarks. I'm with you on that one; don't think they look good or that they're necessary but as long as they're not too visible I'm not too phased. Again, not too sure why they wouldn't be on the consumer versions. I can understand usage-wise why we don't have access to the exact same gear, but this is a little puzzling.

I've got our inaugural jumper from 1997 and that had the old school AFL logo watermarks all over it.

A sight for sore eyes.

From saveourjumper in '09, the Father's Day survey in '12 to #bringitback in '13.

A heartfelt thank you (and congrats) to all those that have put up rather than shut up.

Yep, it's easy to forget how far back this really goes.

nigelicious really got the ball rolling with SaveOurJumper and started showing Lions members that they had a voice and should use it. Helped plant an activism seed that TLR was able to build on.

Really curious as to how the back looks, hopefully the maroon is raised but I wont be complaining either way. Looks fantastic!

Maroon is raised 90 percent to the top, exactly like the current (soon to be former) jumper.

The retail version also definitely has the watermarks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are these guys happier now?

View attachment 88314
I heard a certain one of them bent his arms in unrestrained celebration!

Seriously brilliant job to all the TLR guys who stood up and gave all of us disgruntled members someone to unite behind. Hats off to you all

Now all that's left to do is grab one between now and round one and get out there and cheer the boys against the pies.

There have been a lot of people on here that have held off buying merchandise and/or memberships due to this issue. I certainly hope all those who have, get back on board and do either or both (finances permitting of course) I'll be buying my first guernsey since the change that's for sure

Brisbane goes back to the future, unveils new jumper for 2015 AFL season

AFTER five years in the wilderness, it’s back. Brisbane will go back to the future and officially unveil its “new” guernsey — the traditional jumper design from the premiership hat-trick glory days. Player power has claimed the scalps of a number of AFL senior coaches in recent times but it was people power that ensured the controversial “Paddlepop Lion’’ design will never feature on the front of the Brisbane guernsey again. It will remain as a corporate logo but will not be part of the playing uniform.

First introduced for the 2010 season, the “Paddlepop Lion’’ logo was emphatically rejected by supporters, who were not consulted by the administration at the time, and relentlessly campaigned to have it removed from the club’s jumper. The club reverted to the old-school design twice in 2013 as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations of the premiership three-peat of 2001-2003 which only intensified the calls for the beloved jumper to make a comeback.

More than 70 per cent of the 3000 respondents to a survey last year requested a return to the side-on lion. Members then overwhelmingly voted in favour of the jumper’s return at last year’s AGM. Lions captain Jed Adcock said the decision to go back to the traditional logo made sense on every level. “Like a lot of people, I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to things like jumpers and I’m happy to be wearing this one again on a full-time basis,’’ Adcock said. “This jumper obviously means a lot to the supporters and members and it means a lot to the players who have worn it into battle over the years. “The club has enjoyed a lot of success in this particular jumper and hopefully there are more good times to come in it.’’ Brisbane will also launch its 2015 membership campaign today with the slogan, “Pride in the Jumper’’.

425066-6e7c6114-5820-11e4-a9cd-a4f9913bad66.jpg

I'll be buying my first guernsey since the change that's for sure
In 2011 I managed to track down an '09 jumper in brand new with tag condition on eBay in my size. I wore that to every home game until the 3-peat jumpers came out and my missus surprised me with one of those. I don't exactly need a new one... but I almost feel like I should, given how vocal I was (not so much on here, but certainly to my family and friends) and almost in a sense to reward the club for going through with this. :D

In 2011 I managed to track down an '09 jumper in brand new with tag condition on eBay in my size. I wore that to every home game until the 3-peat jumpers came out and my missus surprised me with one of those. I don't exactly need a new one... but I almost feel like I should, given how vocal I was (not so much on here, but certainly to my family and friends) and almost in a sense to reward the club for going through with this. :D

Whoops forgot about the threepeat ones. Do have one of those. I've got a bunch of older ones and while I don't really need a new one I'll certainly be getting one. After complaining so much about the paddlepop and actively voting it out I'd look like an a-grade schmuck if I didn't buy a new one.

Feel like that moment on Seinfeld when Cody redesigned his appartment everyone hated it and he had it changed back:)

So excited, that jumper strikes so much more fear than PP.

RIP Padle Pop.

Looks fantastic... any word on what the clash will look like? Something with a 'Bears' inspired design might be a nice touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back