2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey fellas :)

I'm pretty much sold on taking the plunge and becoming a full lions member next year, hoping to attend all 11 games :) I've been a "supporter" member for 5 or 6 years now, but I feel I finally have the means to get to every game, so I'm going all in.

I was wondering from anyone who has a membership currently, is it worth going for the prime or premium memberships? Obviously I'm going to get a much better seat, but I don't really know how much better watching the game will be, given that I've never sat in a super expensive seat at the Gabba to watch the footy.

How have your experiences with lion memberships been? I'm really leaning towards the "prime" ($360) membership, but I can afford the extra 100 for the best seats available, is it worth the jump?

Please and thanks, very excited to be a full on lions fan next year, I feel as if I've picked the right year to fully jump aboard :)

Welcome aboard BRAB. :)

It really depends on what you are looking for in your footy experience. I love centre wing on the upper tier, because it gives me the perfect view of the whole game. As such, I pay the premium membership rate.

That said, many people prefer the ground level experience as you are closer to the action and there is a bit more of a party atmosphere down there (I did about 5 years at ground level as well). You definitely don't get to see the whole game unfold in front of you at that level though.

So yeah, it really comes down to what you prefer. More money doesn't necessarily mean an objectively better experience. I'd get seats in an area where you have enjoyed sitting in before. If you really regret your seat choice, the membership staff are usually happy to reseat you.

Last edited:

Not sure if i can be a member next year, as i'll be busy with university and my part time job. But! I'll try to make it to as many home games as possible.

The bigger the crowd at the gabba. The better.

I am not great with graphs and stuff, but pretty sure we are tracking even with our membership numbers from same time last season.

October 2013 - 0

October 2014 - 0

http://membership.lions.com.au

GET ON BOARD!!

Welcome BRAB. Just backing up what TBD said: Sit where it works for you cost-wise and where you think you will enjoy watching the footy. Everyone will have their own preferences. Really happy with my seats on the lower level. Quick in and out, near food (but not the gourmet stuff they have up top!) high enough to see the whole field and the play unfold but really close to the action when the players are near my boundary.

It is a great feeling at the start of the season to have those membership passes and heading off to the Gabba for the first game. Great time in the evolution of this team to become a member too!

While we're all very excited about beams and Christensen on here I think we might need to temper the expectation of a huge membership upswing. The average punter will need a much improved season from us to jump back on. Particularly in qld. Having said that we may be a bit of a chance to convert some of the 3 gamers to full memberships which while it doesn't affect the numbers, does help the bottom line. Start of the season will be crucial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging from our form this year? Yes.

25k Should be our goal. I think that can be done if we perform decently at the start of the year.
My crude calculations for extra membership would be :

Old jumper back- 3k
Improved form back end season with young team- 1k
Beams and Bundy hype(could add L.Taylor)-1k
Strengthened faith in Leppa and admin - 1k

Poor pre-season and early real season could gazump some gains but I can't see why at least an extra 4k isn't achievable with the new environment.

Membership numbers tend to typically 'lag' a year as well it seems, so consequently that would mean the positive energy generated throughout the year may be reflected in this year's membership numbers. Conversely, we also had the negativity of the go home 5 this time last season as well, which consequently may have led to some 'supporters' to jump ship on the basis of our inevitable poor performance throughout season 2014 (not helped by our hard draw).

The last time we had such a high profile recruit (Fev) join the side we reached 29k (2010). However, we also just came from a promising semi final exit in the finals in the previous year as well as a 4-0 start to the season.

With the comeback of our traditional jumper, our big name recruits with our inevitable improvement as well as the consideration of the 'lag' factor, I would expect our membership to be around 27k mark. Many of these will be former members and supporters who were ostracized and segregated by the previous administration due to the introduction of the Paddlepop. At the end of the day, the members who drop on and off need to see results. While diehard supporters such as the people on this forum can understand and appreciate our promising future, their is a demographic in the market who do not. Therefore, a successful year on-field in 2015 will go a long, long way in seeing us not only reach 30k, but perhaps topping our all time record of 30,941.

Ahhh yes of course!!! Yeah gonna make it interesting, hopefully we get our 6 games back in Melb and not 1 sold to Tas and 1 in Geel.....

I am current member in the premium section 69. Premium are fantastic seats! I tend to try and sit in the same seats for the Test Match each year. Before last season some of my group discussed moving to prime seating (wanted to try and save $). I was not overly keen however we did a test of a few areas during some of the less popular games. The results were quickly realised and we all agreed that it really is worth spending the extra $100 to get premium.

Is that Stakes or Mayes with Rocky and Rich in the opening post? No Jed? Strange choice for the face of the club.
A little strange to not have the captain there. Think they where looking for the future leaders. Im excited. Cant wait to get mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back