GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from a good source Grovey (Grant Tanner) offered stav around the 1k mark a game when he returned home to Geelong from qld, not to sure if stav & tanner have any ties or he was just trying to add a gun ruckman/forward!

I know from a good source Grovey (Grant Tanner) offered stav around the 1k mark a game when he returned home to Geelong from qld, not to sure if stav & tanner have any ties or he was just trying to add a gun ruckman/forward!

Thomson had a players meeting last night and stewart jones will need to re apply for the coaching job. They are now looking for a new coach

Do you think Rick will be coaching them next year? If he isnt I heard maybe Grant Tanner, has connections with certain East people???? How much would MKee and Stav be on to leave Sth Barwon.
Rick coaching next year according to neville

I heard the opposite of that. Got to love the rumour mill.

It's that time of year stuff is always talked about. rick has had a crack and it hasn't worked. Maybe time to move on. Onto football can ricks east Geelong take in a down, apparently inverleigh had a shocker last week and will want to prove they weren't making up numbers going out in straight sets. Think I'll go round and watch the blockbuster satday, Addy today mentions north have been playing undermanned I think they have a surprise or two this week being at full strength. Not sure you can make a case against the panthers apart from north being too good cause it seems bph have made a lot of people look like fools this year continuing to dominate the league

It's that time of year stuff is always talked about. rick has had a crack and it hasn't worked. Maybe time to move on. Onto football can ricks east Geelong take in a down, apparently inverleigh had a shocker last week and will want to prove they weren't making up numbers going out in straight sets. Think I'll go round and watch the blockbuster satday, Addy today mentions north have been playing undermanned I think they have a surprise or two this week being at full strength. Not sure you can make a case against the panthers apart from north being too good cause it seems bph have made a lot of people look like fools this year continuing to dominate the league
Rick will coach East next year. Done deal.

Rick will coach East next year. Done deal.

Playing coach? His knee didnt look too good on Sunday but having said that he did get the ball and kick a few goals, good on him. What about Trotter going on? I'm tipping East but gosh I had Inverleigh down the ladder at the start of the year and they have surprised me and everyone and had a great year so far, well done to Mark McDowell.

All that finals experience accounts for nothing on that big ground against fitness & leg speed

That would have to be one of the comebacks I have seen in local footy finals, I was heading home at half time to mow the lawn but decided to watch the first 5 minutes of the third quarter and bang, bang, bang uphill into the breeze, great effort Hawks and McDowell.
East must be shattered to cough up that lead, they surely must be rated underachievers compared to spending with one flag to show for it over the last 8 years. And definitely confirmed O'Toole reappointed for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw on K-Rock football - Great pickup for Belmont Lions, Brad MacKenzie, from Winchelsea, who made the GDFL team of the year is 100% signed as assistant playing coach - to get a guy of Brads calibre to the club tells the rest of the competition that they are wanting to continue to track upwards with their junior structure, play the kids and add some quality recruits with a view to push into the top 6 or 7 and be in the mix to play finals. Should be a very interesting pre-season draft for all the clubs with players coming and going.

Apparently Thomson have signed playing co-coaches from the BFL, to be announced this week.

Anyone able to assist me in trying to find some old GDFL Footy Records (from memory, they used to be 'Game' plus the year? - I am especially looking for pre-1995 editions, either for purchase, for emailing to me as scanned PDF's or whatever?
Can't help there with the footy records. But what does everyone think about that Old Chestnut, ie. the 3 divisions of local footy. Its been brought up a 1000 times I know, and the GDFL ie. Mr Whitley is the only opponent each time. Everyone knows that the GDFL do well financially with there Buckley's set up, but aren't even, competitive footy comps what we all want to see? Wouldn't it be great to see Torquay vs. Grovedale, Ammos vs Newtown, Leopold vs Drysdale, Portarlington vs Belmont, Newcomb vs Blue West etc etc etc.

Can't help there with the footy records. But what does everyone think about that Old Chestnut, ie. the 3 divisions of local footy. Its been brought up a 1000 times I know, and the GDFL ie. Mr Whitley is the only opponent each time. Everyone knows that the GDFL do well financially with there Buckley's set up, but aren't even, competitive footy comps what we all want to see? Wouldn't it be great to see Torquay vs. Grovedale, Ammos vs Newtown, Leopold vs Drysdale, Portarlington vs Belmont, Newcomb vs Blue West etc etc etc.

Whitley is representing the gdfl which is owned bye the 12 current clubs and it is their vote that opposed the divisons. On top of that red west, north shore and lara are all against it aswell

Well Corio and west seem to be self destructing , why would these clubs burn the people that have stuck around and done all the hard work

Well Corio and west seem to be self destructing , why would these clubs burn the people that have stuck around and done all the hard work

Good call Sunami: Bazza could be half a chance to end up coaching West???, they are still looking, could hurt Corio if he leaves which he would have to do now and takes some players wth him. But the new coach from Grovedale might bring some with him, who knows. Same thing happened with Washington taking a few down to Forrest.

After West appointment of hounslow I have to admit I'm a little embarrassed at how desperate we looked to land a coach . But in saying that he must be something special given he has landed 2 senior coaching rolls in less than a week . I hope we can put everything behind us and get back to footy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back