Past players

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Parker was a brilliant one on one defender with great concentration. His attacking limitations were exposed at times. Within a more organised defensive unit where he could play the same role as Dawson i.e stop someone and hand off the ball to running players he would have been superb. I suspect he was the kind of guy that would have thrived in a strong system with well defined roles like we have now.
Fair statement but it was not easy being a purple defender for much of his playing days. He was only 187 cm, in a Ross team with a lot good players around him he could been as you say superb.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow, I didn't know Shane Parker was that height. Always saw him as a lot taller, guess it was the slouch and the skinny frame.

Man how good was Des Headland in that derby when, was it one of those Selwoods, gave him cheek about his girl? Far out. Though Freo has the wood through just being a much better side, it was so good watching us win derbies on nothing but emotion. I will never forget the yellow-orange WA sun setting as Josh and Matthew Carr ragdolled the Eagles and ripped Cuzzy's jumper off him. That was camaraderie and brotherhood at the utmost there! That'll always be the Freo I grew up with.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow, I didn't know Shane Parker was that height. Always saw him as a lot taller, guess it was the slouch and the skinny frame.

Man how good was Des Headland in that derby when, was it one of those Selwoods, gave him cheek about his girl? Far out. Though Freo has the wood through just being a much better side, it was so good watching us win derbies on nothing but emotion. I will never forget the yellow-orange WA sun setting as Josh and Matthew Carr ragdolled the Eagles and ripped Cuzzy's jumper off him. That was camaraderie and brotherhood at the utmost there! That'll always be the Freo I grew up with.
If his height wowed you can you believe his playing weight was 92 kg. sorry but what selwood said to headland was a bit more than giving cheek, he should be on a register for such people.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

I would love to see this kind of stuff again (no suspensions though). I guess it gets kind of sucks the emotion out of it when all we do is win against the Eagles these days and the West Coast players are more concerned with styling their hair and beards.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
They were good times. Ill always remember Parkers Tee shirt tan. I loved when J Carr pushed Kerr into the fence that one year. I think it was an eagles home derby to. What year was Boooo-gate? Booing Judd and chanting lyons is a w***er when i was a kid are two of my favourite freo moments.

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
More like a loose cannon.
Just+because+she+s+a+ginger+doesn+t+mean+she+s+not+a+_f289ba52898a15fdc448e194d5e66853.jpg

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I know, how could anyone ridicule Cookie?

Ah, Troy Cook. Tough as nails, crap kick and gave his all every game.

I will never forget his "bump" on Mitchell White in one derby. Cooky ran past the ball and got White with a real s***mixer. Exit White for the rest of the game from memory. Cook would have received a 3 week ban for that bump these days but at the time it was so good to see the Egos players keeping an extra good eye on our number 10 wrecking ball for the rest of the game.

Hayden. Grover. Parker.
McPhee. Tarrant. Kickett
Fletcher. Allen. Cook
McManus Longmuir. Hasleby
Farmer. Modra. Waterhouse

Burton. J.Carr. Bell

Bench in order from: medhurst, Michael, headland, black, norrish, clement, l.brown, Solomon, Callaghan, jones, Sinclair and O'Reilly.

B - Spurr Dawson Sutcliffe
HB - Duffield McPharlin Johnson
C - Hill Mundy D. Pearce
HF - Mayne Taberner Walters
F - Clarke Pavlich Ballantyne

Ruck - Sandilands Fyfe Barlow

INT - Neale Crowley Ibbotson Mzungu

Using my best 22 which is above and then combining that with your players i have come up with the following.

Hayden Tarrant Parker
Black McPharlin Johnson
Allen Mundy Hill
Mayne Pavlich Walters
Longmuir Modra Ballantyne

Sandilands Fyfe Barlow

Bell Farmer Hasleby Kickett

So ins and outs:
Hayden - Spurr
Tarrant - Dawson
Parker - Sutcliffe
Black - Duffield
Allen - D. Pearce
Modra - Taberner
Longmuir - Clarke
Bell - Neale
Hasleby - Crowley
Farmer - Mzungu
Kickett - Ibbotson

Agonised a little over a few selections being:
Parker over Sutty and Ibbo
Kickett over Ibbo
Ballas over Farmer for the FP spot
Black over Kickett on HBF

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
C - Hill Mundy D. Pearce

Using my best 22 which is above and then combining that with your players i have come up with the following.

Hayden Tarrant Parker
Black McPharlin Johnson
Allen Mundy Hill
Mayne Pavlich Walters

Sandilands Fyfe Barlow

So ins and outs:
Hayden - Spurr
Tarrant - Dawson
Parker - Sutcliffe
Black - Duffield
Allen - D. Pearce
Modra - Taberner
Longmuir - Clarke
Bell - Neale
Hasleby - Crowley
Farmer - Mzungu
Kickett - Ibbotson

Kickett over Ibbo

No way walters and Ballas are keeping Farmer on the bench. Pretty perfect though.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Ah, Troy Cook. Tough as nails, crap kick and gave his all every game.

I will never forget his "bump" on Mitchell White in one derby. Cooky ran past the ball and got White with a real s***mixer. Exit White for the rest of the game from memory. Cook would have received a 3 week ban for that bump these days but at the time it was so good to see the Egos players keeping an extra good eye on our number 10 wrecking ball for the rest of the game.

Hence the 'need' to draft Clem Smith this year (for my benefit). I want to see other teams looking over their shoulder again!! seriously loved seeing a Cookie fair bump.

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
C - Hill Mundy D. Pearce

Hayden Tarrant Parker
Black McPharlin Johnson
Allen Mundy Hill
Mayne Pavlich Walters

Sandilands Fyfe Barlow

So ins and outs:
Hayden - Spurr
Tarrant - Dawson
Parker - Sutcliffe
Black - Duffield
Allen - D. Pearce
Modra - Taberner
Longmuir - Clarke
Bell - Neale
Hasleby - Crowley
Farmer - Mzungu
Kickett - Ibbotson

Kickett over Ibbo
Liked your team think Parker has to get a game. I'm not a massive
black fan. I am a Mayne fan but not sure if he gets a game a head of Waterhouse.

Liked your team think Parker has to get a game. I'm not a massive
black fan. I am a Mayne fan but not sure if he gets a game a head of Waterhouse.

Structurally i think Mayne offers more. Don't think you could carry Mods, Pav, J'Lo and Clive all together mainly due to the defense pressure aspect.

jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Structurally i think Mayne offers more. Don't think you could carry Mods, Pav, J'Lo and Clive all together mainly due to the defense pressure aspect.

They'd kick more than enough goals between them to make up for the loss of forward pressure. Scoreboard pressure is more important.

Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU

Clive gets the guernsey because he's Clive. This photo from 2013 GF with the great man will never leave my desk:

jinaxi.png

Halfbaked

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
You are right but ITS CLIVE. Just slightly off post what do you call the collective noun for the group talented but different players : Waterhouse, Chisholm, Abraham, dhurrkay, Willis, and Mitchell.

You are right but ITS CLIVE. Just slightly off post what do you call the collective noun for the group talented but different players : Waterhouse, Chisholm, Abraham, dhurrkay, Willis, and Mitchell.
A Neesham of players.

Back