James Hird : the tell all interview - when?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weapon:"No-one questions James Hird"
Once again bullshit. Robinson went on in that interview to tell us all that he successfully questioned Hird on two separate occasions and in fact changed Hird's mind. It was one of several internal inconsistencies in that interview.

$1,000,000 worth of inconsistencies.
Why can't you stay on topic and attempt to resolve the inconsistency in the Robinson interview. Was Robinson lying about Hird not being able to be questioned or was Robinson lying about his successful attempts to question Hird and change his mind. You can't have it both ways and by dodging the question and trying to be clever I assume you haven't really thought this one through - just spouting whatever you hear as long as it fits your view.

Why can't you stay on topic and attempt to resolve the inconsistency in the Robinson interview. Was Robinson lying about Hird not being able to be questioned or was Robinson lying about his successful attempts to question Hird and change his mind. You can't have it both ways and by dodging the question and trying to be clever I assume you haven't really thought this one through - just spouting whatever you hear as long as it fits your view.
Robinson questioned Hird and was marched out the door.
"I tried a couple of times" see he says that he tried.
"I soon found out it is not something you do"
Would have loved to see it go to court, how he questioned James and was sacked, and James gets a paid holiday and 2 year extension on his contract

Robinson questioned Hird and was marched out the door.
"I tried a couple of times" see he says that he tried.
"I soon found out it is not something you do"
Would have loved to see it go to court, how he questioned James and was sacked, and James gets a paid holiday and 2 year extension on his contract
Again Rubbish
The two times Robinson said he successfully questioned Hird were both well before he was pushed sideways by Hird and Corcoran
You are just making up stuff now

Do you know what a lie is? If you had records that proved you were doping a team would you fess up or say you didn't have any?

Anyone who believes that dank didn't keep records is "daft".

How do you not understand this at all?

Why would Essendon sue him to obtain these records when that would rely on Dank changing his mind and producing them which could very well result in jail time for Dank?

Dank is never going to change his sworn position on this and so there is no reason for Essendon to sue Dank. Get it now?

If he continues to coach I assume it won't happen but hypothetically he gets the sack it will become a media arms race to secure the rights.

I would love it to be On The Coach, very candid, astute footy brains, former worker.

Or for something that would be a massive ratings winner on Footy Classified.
Hird vs Caro. Each given time to fire back and ask each other questions, Lyon the mediator, Hutchy in the middle, Lloyd behind Hird.

Thoughts?

Thoughts are he hasn't got a story to tell. He's ****ed and he knows it.

James Hird's tell-all interview????

arnie-levin-man-at-pearly-gates-offers-box-of-pastries-to-st-peter-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Not until this...and when it's over, he'll be suing God...

From that article

Yet supporters from opposing clubs often took a disliking to him. Perhaps it was simply that he always made it hard for their players, the ball so often finishing up in his hands rather than theirs. Perhaps it was the blond hair that might get a bit tousled during the game but always made him stand out. The “coif”, as a sports-lawyer-columnist-wannabe recently hissed.

Perhaps it was Hird’s feminine quality that annoyed some football people, men and women alike: this blond was never interested in being brawny, in being a tough guy. Yes, he stood up to be counted when it mattered, but you’d never see him delivering a carefully-calibrated shirtfront, or niggling someone behind the play, or mouthing off at them about their mother last night. He’s always seemed above all that, and fair-dinkum Aussie folks sometimes reckon blokes like that are being condescending. Gentleman blonds aren’t always preferred.

My recollection might be different to others but I always admired the way James Hird played and never thought he was disliked by opposition supporters the way someone like Carey was.

It was only after that he's come across as an arrogant piece of work although the Scott mclaren jibe that cost him $20k was a bit of an insight into how he reacts to something not going his way

A lot of the hate for him now is ott but that article fails to address why it is that Hird has got up people's noses : I take full responsibility. Bullshit.

As Malcolm Blight would say, what a load of wank that article is.

Hird would have been a lot of Non-Essendon's fans favourite player, Buckley & Carey were the heels, Hird & Voss were loved.

I probably only started to dislike him and his attitude from when Demitriou suggested he stand down, from then I thought hang on, this must be serious and since then have followed the case closely. His & Essendons story has more holes than Swiss cheese

Simple retort to the article is - why is he hiding he evidence, where is the good place? I think questions on his (and others associated with Charter) playing career are fair game.

Regardless of the outcome Hird is shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From that article
It was only after that he's come across as an arrogant piece of work although the Scott mclaren jibe that cost him $20k was a bit of an insight into how he reacts to something not going his way

... and what you're seeing now is reminiscent of how he reacted to the 20k fine:

34 touches, 3 goals including the winner. No brownlow votes :)

James Hird's tell-all interview????

arnie-levin-man-at-pearly-gates-offers-box-of-pastries-to-st-peter-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Not until this...and when it's over, he'll be suing God...

Are you sure he'll go in that direction. Though if he goes the other direction I think the devil will refuse him too and tell him he's too much of a "try-hard"

Hirdy can't do his tell-all interview until he knows how the story ends. That way he can spin his story to suit what comes out. If he did his tell-all now, he'd get busted for perjury because he isn't sure what he can and can't lie about yet. I'm sure Tania is very much looking forward to explaining Hirdy's position to him when the time is right. And he'll be oh so innocent and wronged by all...

Sounds like yet another paid political announcement written and authorized by the Hird group.

Anyone who is familiar with my opinions knows how much I detest the media. So far as I'm concerned, most of them are more interested in story, not facts. And if the price is right, they can be bought.

It is interesting how Lindy Chamberlain's name has entered the debate, and it takes me back to the time when I was flying back to Adelaide from Darwin. It was October 29, 1982, the day the initial guilty of murder verdict had been handed down to Lindy Chamberlain. There were a lot of spare seats on board my flight from Darwin to Alice Springs, eventually filled by Adelaide journalists who had been covering the case.

A young woman sat next to me in a tennis dress. I recognized her as Pru Goward, a political correspondent on the 7:30 Report, and now the Hon. Member of Goulburn in NSW. I asked if she had been playing tennis and she informed me she was covering the Lindy Chamberlain case. When I asked what she thought of the outcome of the trial, she said she was shocked, along with many of her colleagues.

I remarked that it seemed strange the media were shocked by a guilty verdict when they had been gunning for her the entire time. I will never forget her response ...... "We only did that for the sake of the story. We never really expected her to be actually found guilty". I was gob smacked, and learnt a lesson that day not to believe a freaking word the media try to tell us. I prefer the facts, not dribble sheets masquerading as opinion pieces.

From that article

My recollection might be different to others but I always admired the way James Hird played and never thought he was disliked by opposition supporters the way someone like Carey was.

A lot of the hate for him now is ott but that article fails to address why it is that Hird has got up people's noses : I take full responsibility. Bullshit.

Yes, like you I cannot recall any negativity towards James Hird as a player. Unless my head was in the sand, I heard nothing but praise for Hird the footballer and he was definitely one of my favourite players. Apart from one match where Crawford tore him a new one, Hird was always a huge danger to Hawthorn, occasionally winning a game off his own boot. I only knew the player, I did not know the personality. He was a star.

It was only when he started appearing on footy shows that I saw him in a different light. Something about him really annoyed me. That smug, "I'm better than you" attitude he had. He just reminded me of that spoilt brat we all had in our class who we wanted to beat the crap out of. Since this unsavory episode began, I have been disenchanted by his arrogance and total lack of cooperation with the investigation. We are all judged by our actions, and the actions of James Hird indicate one very guilty person fighting like hell to protect his own skin at the expense of others.

I love this comment
I don’t know him or what he’s like in his private life, but I’ve always believed that you can tell what a person is really like by the way he or she competes at sport. If that’s true, Hird is both a team player and an individual capable of rising above the pack.

Win at all costs mentality, let nothing including the rules stand in the way, you don't get to the top in professional sport without treading on a few toes along the way.

How do you not understand this at all?

Why would Essendon sue him to obtain these records when that would rely on Dank changing his mind and producing them which could very well result in jail time for Dank?

Dank is never going to change his sworn position on this and so there is no reason for Essendon to sue Dank. Get it now?
Convenient or cop out..not sure which.

So when there is actually no point in Essendon to sue, it's a cop out?

Just admit you're wrong and move on.
Yep, good call.....bloke running the program didn't keep records for future reference. It's convenient to believe that because Essendon don't want the records to surface.

Now leave me alone......you are scaring me now.

I love this comment
I don’t know him or what he’s like in his private life, but I’ve always believed that you can tell what a person is really like by the way he or she competes at sport. If that’s true, Hird is both a team player and an individual capable of rising above the pack.

Win at all costs mentality, let nothing including the rules stand in the way, you don't get to the top in professional sport without treading on a few toes along the way.

Like him or hate him, he played the ball and not the man, he was a courageous player, of that there is no doubt.

I am pretty confident his win at all cost mentality stopped short of duping and doping his players and friends.

Like him or hate him, he played the ball and not the man, he was a courageous player, of that there is no doubt.

I am pretty confident his win at all cost mentality stopped short of duping and doping his players and friends.
It's not about whether he intentionally had his players doped anymore. It's as much about his failure to accept that he oversaw or was significantly involved in an operation that was negligent in the way it treated EFC players. That he appears willing to take everybody, including AFL and EFC, down with him exacerbates the current resentment that most non-Essendon people have towards him.

If he had accepted responsibility immediately and taken the course that was in the best interests of the players, club, AFL etc then this situation would have been put to bed. (incidentally this would also have been in Hird's best interests as well. He has been poorly advised throughout all of this imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back