Show Cause Notices v2.0 sent out by ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, if he wins on appeal (he'll take it to the high court) then he'll get a lot more back from the tort.
Plus on principle he believes that doping matters shouldn't be played out in the papers, so he'll pursue it on principle alone.
Plus he can afford it. Worst case he can auction off his arse to one of us foamers.

Let me see if I get this straight andrewb

You are presenting a theory on BF that this character you speak of, this Mr Jimmy Hird bloke, has principles?

is this what you are attempting to convey to the good folk of BF forum?

Believe me, if he wins on appeal (he'll take it to the high court) then he'll get a lot more back from the tort.
Plus on principle he believes that doping matters shouldn't be played out in the papers, so he'll pursue it on principle alone.
Plus he can afford it. Worst case he can auction off his arse to one of us foamers.

Is that you Tania?

I'm glad Jimmy believes in principles, just a pity that didn't include the principle of taking responsibility for mismanagement or maintaining the integrity of the competition but I guess we can all relax now you've told us he really does have principles after all and in spite of everything thats happened so far.

I know I'm relieved.

Not really sure about his chances of winning anything on appeal but you've reassured me.

So why did he door stop at every chance and then Tania chipped in with her door stop. Why did he let the papers print a photo of him chasing his son ?
:D... oh, you.

McDevitt has already given clear indication there will be no deals and the matter will go to the tribunal.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/es...supplements-saga/story-fni0fiyv-1227095209763

You think he'd risk taking it to the tribunal if they have no case?

Yep. What else was he going to do? He's got a bulletproof case that Dank received banned substances. His case is weak after that point.

And let down his good mate Robbo who he's been feeding and leaking any info that will help his position.:rolleyes:
You do realize he is no longer pursuing the interim report being used improperly so what principle are you on about?
If he had any principle there would never have been doping matters.

Last edited:
Is that you Tania?

I'm glad Jimmy believes in principles, just a pity that didn't include the principle of taking responsibility for mismanagement or maintaining the integrity of the competition but I guess we can all relax now you've told us he really does have principles after all and in spite of everything thats happened so far.

I know I'm relieved.

Not really sure about his chances of winning anything on appeal but you've reassured me.
Good to hear.

I thought ACCC was unable to tell anyone anything (partly why danks talk to ACCC is not accessible). Makes it really useful - ACCC massive powers but doesn't do s**t with it that is any bloody use.

ACC can share information but ASADA cannot do anything with it. ASADA needs to then go and gather that evidence themselves. As you can imagine though, having a head start such as that would be enormously beneficial.

Let me see if I get this straight andrewb

You are presenting a theory on BF that this character you speak of, this Mr Jimmy Hird bloke, has principles?

is this what you are attempting to convey to the good folk of BF forum?
From what we know so far, other than a very few players, no person at the AFC at any level blinked at the prospect of cheating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg
Really? Are they yours or mine? :rolleyes:

I'm glad you feel so confident that there's nothing to see here. It's all a storm in a tea cup. No player will miss a game.

A summary of evidence provided by ASADA, although expansive, contains no material previously unseen by the players’ legal team. “It is a just a rehash of old stuff,’’ a source said.
How could the players know that it is just a rehash of old stuff??? They always said they had no idea and complained like stuck pigs that ASADA should show it to them.
Then I see this...
The 350-page “show cause pack’’ provided to the players’ legal team last Friday contains a summary of evidence substantially unchanged from that discovered by Essendon and coach James Hird during their Federal Court action against ASADA and a transcript of each player’s interview with ASADA and AFL investigators.
Ah, I see. Hird and EFC leaked the content of their discovery documents to the players. Isn't that contempt of court?

Jenny's desperate for Essendon to go down, 2 years and 20,000 posts are quite an investment.

You've counted them have you? :rolleyes: Read every one? I reckon it's not quite 15,000. But seeing as you've been paying such close attention, I'll acquiesce to your superior knowledge.

They're not bluffing mate, they've got enough for a register of findings for 'possible use'.
RoF can trigger provisional suspensions but I don't think the AFL will play ball since Essendon started playing nice.

Edit: more info

The players have decided to call ASADA's bluff by requesting that it the matter go straight to the tribunal. This means that the '18 month provisional suspension while we process this matter' BS that got the Cronulla players to take light bans isn't in play.
They are calling what bluff?
Is there a deal?

How could the players know that it is just a rehash of old stuff??? They always said they had no idea and complained like stuck pigs that ASADA should show it to them.
Then I see this...

Ah, I see. Hird and EFC leaked the content of their discovery documents to the players. Isn't that contempt of court?

The players received SCN before right? Then the appeal happened and the players were reissued with new SCN. Could they perhaps be talking about the fact the new SCN are just a rehash of the original ones?

The players received SCN before right? Then the appeal happened and the players were reissued with new SCN. Could they perhaps be talking about the fact the new SCN are just a rehash of the original ones?
Are you kidding? The original SCNs contained no evidence. That's what the players complained about. Now they have 350 pages of the stuff and they magically say it's a rehash of what the 'discovered' documents say. The only people who had access to the discovered documents were Hird and EFC. The only way the players could know that the SCNs listed the same evidence as the discovered documents is that Hird and/or EFC leaked it. That means they are in contempt of court, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back