Rumour Busted Adam Tomlinson to Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS just have to accept they are going to lose a star to two.
Clubs won't be stupid though.
I hope we keep pick 7-8. You never know...that pick could be the next Selwood.
I'd be against us trading our FRP until we are settled in the top four...so that won't be for a while

GWS knows it will lose players - some of good quality. It has to trim its list over coming years and manage salary cap pressures. Players will leave, whether willingly or unwillingly.

Seriously though unless one of guns wants to go home or is offered serious coin, they're unlikely to shift to a Melbourne based club in rebuild and around the same stage of development as GWS. Granted Richmond is further ahead but it's not Hawthorn.

Guys who are on the fringe of the 22 may be sticking up their hands and while we mightn't want them to go, we wouldn't hold them back.

Tomlinson as a regular first 22 would need a decent player or decent pick for a trade though.

Not seeing it.

Richmond's tried 3 talls up forward several times, and it doesn't work out very well, if it did, we would have seen more of Griffiths and/or Hampson this year.

Hardwick seemed to like the idea, but he's tried and failed with it enough that I suspect he's moved on. Would be surprised if he chased it again, especially not so hard that he'd use a 1st round pick.

Correct weight, I'm not sure who's available but if someone like Dal Santo was floating around at the moment we should be throwing the house (or Vickery) at them.

I'm not sure knocking a guy out is the best recruitment tactic.

Damien Barrett mentioned repeatedly on Friday night on Triple M that he has heard that Tomlinson will go.

Also mentioned Shiel and Jacksch

GWS knows it will lose players - some of good quality. It has to trim its list over coming years and manage salary cap pressures. Players will leave, whether willingly or unwillingly.

Seriously though unless one of guns wants to go home or is offered serious coin, they're unlikely to shift to a Melbourne based club in rebuild and around the same stage of development as GWS. Granted Richmond is further ahead but it's not Hawthorn.

Guys who are on the fringe of the 22 may be sticking up their hands and while we mightn't want them to go, we wouldn't hold them back.

Tomlinson as a regular first 22 would need a decent player or decent pick for a trade though.

Agreed - but not every GWS or GCS player is worth a top 5 pick. And you have to give to get. We got Caddy for a Compo pick that by virtue is gonna be around 16 - 18. Fair deal.

The over rating of players on here is incredible.

GO Catters

Agreed - but not every GWS or GCS player is worth a top 5 pick. And you have to give to get. We got Caddy for a Compo pick that by virtue is gonna be around 16 - 18. Fair deal.

The over rating of players on here is incredible.

GO Catters

Being under contract for next year means a bit though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was close that one, Apparently he just didn't see any talent on the list so didnt bother. Cant blame him
Yep. So he chose Carlton before he looked at the list.....how logical.

Anyway, I enjoy your posts. Always good for a laugh while you get other posters hopes up.

Absolute rubbish. Not only has he said he wants to stay he's said he'll "take whatever they offer me" in the way of a new contract. No beating around the bush, no I'll look at what they offer and make a decision in the fullness of time. No, it was "I want to stay and I'll take whatever they offer me"

Not going anywhere.

If I was his manager and he came out with this I would have a heart attack.

Jump on the beams threads throughout the year champ, have a read

Even a broken clock etc

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...idge-and-vickery.1072783/page-2#post-34506519

Eagles are all over him

Nope

Not really, he has been in and out all year.

Second rounder after his injuries.

North are keen on Rohan as well through the Cunnington connection

Nope

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/shaun-higgins.1068719/page-6#post-34497747

Nah you guys are resigning waite

Nope

Stop posting s**t all the time. We all know you've made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back