List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Laverde at 4, think he has a lot of development to go, looks versatile and a different type of mid to what we have already. May force Collingwood to reach for the next best mid and leave who we want. Lever's 2013 highlights are pretty impressive, hopefully he slides to 6 or 7.

I like Laverde at 4, think he has a lot of development to go, looks versatile and a different type of mid to what we have already. May force Collingwood to reach for the next best mid and leave who we want. Lever's 2013 highlights are pretty impressive, hopefully he slides to 6 or 7.

That's sneaky and might work with the best result, though I'd hate to miss out on Wright playing silly buggers, given he's our biggest need.
1) Petracca
2) Brayshaw
3) McCartin/Lever
4) US: Laverde
5 ANGRY COLLINGWOOD: Ahern? next tall mid cab off the rank.
6) Us: Wright
7) Us: McCartin or Lever.

Would have thought it better to draft Vic Country kids_it's Melbourne metro that exercises the pull on kids.

I think his reasoning is if we take city boys, they might like Sydney as another big city with beaches but if they don't when it comes time to trade them back to Melbourne they have a lot more suitors driving the price up.

THIS! Laverde is a great fit for us, and I doubt Collingwood will take Wright or Lever, so if we want them we can take them with 6 and 7. Basically Laverde>Ahern/Pickett

B0coTK2CUAANGZN.jpg:large

Yep gonna intrude sorry if not wanted! But;
Really interested to start getting an idea about what your club is planning on doing since it looks like affecting us. I dare say Laverde will be #1 on our draft board. I can't see us picking up Wright, but I reckon we would jump on McCartin or Lever if one of the two is available to us at 5 and Laverde is gone.

So we were going to use Picks 4/6/7 on...

Stevie Johnson
Luke Bruest
Jeremy Howe
Motlop
Ryder
and
Heppell.

That's exactly what happened I reckon. SOS or Gubby (Most likely Gubby) said "Right Fellas we got 4,6&7 who's interested? Geelong... How about Stevie J? Hawthorn Luke Bruest? Anyone? Anyone? Ryder, Heppell? We're here to deal..."

Nobody took them up on it and the Meeja is now blowing it all out of proportion.

Of course our picks were up for grabs - they've been that way every year - we've been saying since day dot that our picks are available but we want good players for them - and every year nobody wants to deal players. That's why the mini drafts went for picks, that's why we got Boyd instead of Griffen last year. So we've named a few out loud and a few have leaked. Big deal. Move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps the leaking of names isn't such a bad thing after all? Wasn't Griffen's name leaked last year as someone we targetted? Where is he now?

If we can recruit Stevie J at the end of next year we should be a moral to get Zimmer Frames as a co-sponsor with APIA ;)

If we can recruit Stevie J at the end of next year we should be a moral to get Zimmer Frames as a co-sponsor with APIA ;)

Both Bomber Thompson and Chris Scott when asked (usually on the couch, but also elsewhere) which of the Geelong players they coached will end up as a head coach somewhere, someday, instantly reply Stevie J. I've also heard the same answer out of most of his teammates as well. Apparently he has an outstanding footy brain, and the ability to communicate it.

I'd be happy to give him a Zimmer frame, 10 games, and the role of Assistant Coach to get him started in the business. (Even with the frame, he'd run rings around some defences).

There is a player who i cant see making the best 22 in 2 years time if the current list stays put
Possible,
Unless he returns to his rising star form in his first year.

We weren't expecting him to break into the top 22 this year, but he's been one of our best - Let's hope he surprises us again.

There is a player who i cant see making the best 22 in 2 years time if the current list stays put
Really depends on him. I like Palmer when he feels part of the contest. Generally speaking, his effort levels this year were the best I've seen from him. He's tough and finally got his body right. Tackling was much better. His goal kicking, particularly his crumbing, seemed rushed and without conviction. But he wasn't Robinson Crusoe in that regard. If he had snagged another 15 goals he would have had an excellent season.

Possible,
Unless he returns to his rising star form in his first year.

We weren't expecting him to break into the top 22 this year, but he's been one of our best - Let's hope he surprises us again.

This.

I was 100% ready to cut him last year. Now, Im seeing him be a useful tagger and small forward.

Perhaps the leaking of names isn't such a bad thing after all? Wasn't Griffen's name leaked last year as someone we targetted? Where is he now?

Yeah, unsettling a bunch of quality players. Good business to be linked with them. Makes it look like the number 1 destination of choice for stars. We got Griffen, Mummy, Heater and now we can take anyone, no-one is safe. Who knows the phone may ring next year with one or more of those names. Especially if we have a good year.Trade a wantaway for a proven star and first round picks. We all know who wins that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back